The beautiful, clear waters of Nodia are a popular destination for swimmers, divers, and aquatic creatures alike. It is home to a wide array of natural wonders: coral reefs, kelp forests, and even an underwater river! (+2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nodia Sea

Babes and Boardshorts [P, Zap][L?]

Postby AuroraSky » 02/22/2015 7:35 PM

This, this was how people were meant to live. Not crunching numbers in a five by five square in a building, not chasing little rug rats up and down candy aisles, not spending hours sitting in traffic and becoming more and more suicidal. The whole point of life, Cody thought to himself, was to straddle your surfboard in the sea and enjoy the peaceful stillness of the water right before the waves started to roll in. And that was just what he had been doing for the past half an hour. Sure, the sun beating town on his already bronzed back was hot. Sure, the fact that he was a little tipsy at ten in the morning and about to surf was probably a little irresponsible. But who cared? All that mattered to Cody was that the waves were making their way in and he would be making his way out.

Cody slowly kicked his legs back and forth in the chilled water, enjoying the feeling that came as the water rose higher and higher on his thighs. Yes, it would almost be time now.

[1]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 486
Donate

Re: Babes and Boardshorts [P, Zap][L?]

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/22/2015 10:43 PM

[For ref, his shack kinda looks similar to this in style. xD It's a ramshackle little place.]

At the sound of a seagull crying overhead, Jayden woke with a jolt, his eyelashes fluttering open and staring up at the thatched ceiling, squinting at the sunlight coming through and sending the dust particles dancing in the air above his head. He groaned and rolled over, figuring it was probably time to end his little catnap, and stretched, reaching around blindly for a white t-shirt to pull over his head. He carefully pulled out the dark dreadlocks from the collar of the shirt and twisted them into a kind of ponytail in the back, listening closely to the sound of the waves. Sounded like a good day for surfing, he thought to himself with a small grin. Though he'd really need to go survey that for himself, with his own eyes. Ears weren't too good, lately.

Jayden stepped out of the shack, ducking through a curtain of beads at the door, and squinted out at the bright, white sand. Definitely some nice weather. His eyes flicked over to the waves, which were calm enough, but certainly seemed to be growing more and more powerful with each passing moment. And already, there was a surfer out on the water; he must know it, too. "Ahoy there, man!" he called out, one hand cupped around his mouth, waving a hand and chuckling. "Look good out there?"

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby AuroraSky » 02/23/2015 12:33 AM

Cody kicked his foot out above the surface of the water, sending up little splashes in an effort to amuse himself. Even though he could never get tired of just watching the coast and the coastal life around him, waiting for the waves was always the worst part of his frequent surfing excursions. Some days the sea was kind to him and he was able to hit the ground running from sunrise to sunset, and other days she was a cruel mama, serving him up some lessons in patience. And together, it seemed, was going to be one of those days. Cody cupped his hand and dipped it into the water, then dumped the water on his hair to smooth it back. It was getting hotter out here.

It took Cody a moment to realize that whoever had been shouting had been shouting at him. He turned halfway on his board and made his hands into circles and held them to his eyes so he could use them as fake binoculars. Slowly, he scoured the beach to see where the source of the shouting had come from. Ah...there! Some dude standing in front of a shack waving at Cody. Cody dropped his binoculars and waved back, a smile on his face. "They're coming!" He called back. He motioned the stranger into the water. "Get in here, wait it out with me!" Sitting on his board with a stranger would be much more fun then watching the sea tease him.

[2]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/23/2015 2:51 AM

Jayden blinked as the guy waved back at him, a grin splitting his face. At the invitation, he couldn't help but laugh. "I just woke up, man! I might be a little out of it!" He paused, his hand lowering from his mouth for a moment as he stared at the other man, then laughed out loud. What was he thinking, refusing an offer like that? "Gimme one second, tell the waves to wait!"

Jayden darted back into the shack and yanked his shirt over his head, glad to already have swimtrunks on, then hoisted his own board under his arm--it was a new one he'd been working on, and admittedly hadn't had time to test out its balance yet--and ran out onto the sand, making a surprised sound at the heat of the sand. He took to the water and kicked out to where Cody was, offering a grin and a short salute-like wave to him. "Did I miss anything?" he joked, knowing the waves were fairly predictable in this type of weather.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby AuroraSky » 02/23/2015 11:58 PM

"A tsunami, actually." Cody replied, smiling a big toothy grin. He was pleased that the stranger had decided to come out to wait. Cody appreciated someone who was as excited by the surf as he was. Pulling the hair tie off of his wrist, Cody twisted his sun kissed hair into a sloppy bun, then fastened it tightly. When the waves did start to roll in, he wanted to be good and ready. Plus, under his neck had been overheating too. Cody turned to the stranger, surprised to see a mess of dreadlocks tied back into a ponytail. Any guy who could rock dreadlocks was a friend of Cody's. "The name's Cody Maverick, Surfing and Other Ocean Sports Extraordinaire." He paused. "I added that last part in myself, that's not actually part of my real name." He clarified.

Cody extended his fist towards the stranger. "And what can I call you, brother?"

[3]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/26/2015 12:23 PM

Jayden's grin widened slightly in a chuckle at Cody's words, a flash of white teeth against dark skin. His smile softened a little as he watched the other man tie back his hair, and he took the opportunity in the lull in conversation to lean the majority of his torso on his board, smiling as the sun began to warm his back. He moved his legs in the water to turn to face Cody better, his eyes lighting up at Cody's introduction with a laugh. "That's a mouthful, man. I'm gonna have to stick with Cody, if that's cool," he joked, then reached out his fist to bump against Cody's. "Jayden works for me. Or just Jay, if you're in a hurry," he added, taking back his hand and lacing his fingers together, leaning his elbows on the flat of the board. "I live in that little thing over there." He jerked his head over towards the shack, then smiled back at Cody. "You live around here?"

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 02/26/2015 8:14 PM

"Cody's all right with me, man." Cody said with a slow nod. Why did no one ever want to call him Cody Maverick, Surfing and Other Ocean Sports Extraordinaire? He thought it was an awesome name, and he had come up with it all by himself! "Jay huh?" He paused thoughtfully for a couple of moments, suddenly becoming very quiet and very still.

Finally after a few tense moments Cody grinned widely and extended his arms to the sky. "Brother Jaybird of the Shack!" He shouted in celebration, his voice loud against the peace of the beach. A few frightened seagulls gave him a curious look before flying off into the opposite direction. "Brother Jaybird, I've seen that shack around here for quite a while man, and I've always dug it. The simple life, you know? Much better." He let his arms sink to his sides. "Me? I got an RV parked in the lot. I would build myself a shack too, but I gotta have a way to get around to follow the waves."

[4]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/26/2015 9:42 PM

Jayden's eyebrows raised up high at this new nickname, and the volume of his new friend's words, but he couldn't say he was particularly displeased with it. It had something like a ring to it, the Jaybird part, though he remembered when he was a kid he always did hate those blue jays. Mean little bastards.

"Aww, it ain't no thang," Jayden joked with a false twang to his voice, chuckling, and admittedly telling the truth. He'd built that thing a couple of years back, and it was starting to show its age, given he hardly knew a thing about building much of anything other than helping build a treehouse when he was a kid. "Oh, that so? To be honest that sounds like a great time. Just traveling around all the time. Life's a road trip, huh?"

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 02/27/2015 11:36 AM

"Exactly!" Cody agreed, smiling appreciatively and splashing his feet in the water a little bit. Boy, Cody's mother had let him have it after she saw he had spent a good chunk of his savings on some crap RV. But the moment he had walked past it on the lot, he knew that a regular ol' apartment wouldn't have done anything for him. It would have been too normal, too boring, too restricting. Why not enjoy the freedom of the open road! Mothers just didn't understand.

Cody felt his board rise, just a tad, as an almost nonexistent wave carried him upward. He glanced quickly out to the ocean, noting that it wouldn't too long now before they really started to roll in, and his hands gripped his board in anticipation. Thank goodness he had Brother Jaybird of the Shack to distract him until they arrived. "So Brother Jay," Cody asked, turning back to him now. "What is it that you do?"

[5]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/27/2015 1:32 PM

Jayden felt the small wave as well, glancing out at the horizon as Cody did. He stared at the water, barely able to make out the approach of some steadier, larger waves from far, far away, and the prospect made him excited; it wasn't terribly common that they got such a nice combination of weather and waves out here. "Hm?" Jayden made a noise as Cody addressed him, and he glanced over at him with a blank look before smiling sheepishly. "Do? Ahh... I dunno. I make surfboards I guess. Kinda a novice at it..." he admitted, shrugging. "Mostly if I get buyers, they get 'em for decoration. This is one of them, though," he said, affectionately knocking the smooth wood of the board below him. "Brand new, never tried it. So... we'll see how this goes, huh?" he chuckled, shrugging a shoulder.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 03/03/2015 3:58 PM

"Woah..." Cody sighed, leaning on his own board to admire Brother Jaybird's and almost tipping over with the effort. "You make your own boards? That's awesome, dude!" He exclaimed, nodding his head with appreciation. It was always something that he had wanted to try, but Cody had never been the best at working with his own two hands. Anything from his bird houses to his tree houses had always proved to be quite the liability in the end. "You, sir, are a master." He praised. "I got to get one of the Brother Jaybird of the Shack's originals sometime." Cody smiled.

"I myself am an instructor down at one of the local resorts." Cody shrugged. It's fine I guess, it's a living, but some of the dudes that come around my way have no chill man. They can't get the hang of it and then they go bananas, and tell me my equipment is no good." Cody wrinkled his nose in annoyance. "My equipment's no good? Ha. All that bad juju you got floating around is scaring Mother Blue. And also you're dumb." He seemed to say to himself.

[6]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 03/06/2015 3:53 PM

Jayden beamed at Cody's praise, looking an equal mixture of sheepish and pleased. "Well, I'm no expert yet. It's taken a lot of practice to even get one to look right," he chuckled, kicking his legs a bit to get some feeling back into them; the water was rather cold, and it made him feel stiffer than normal. "But hey, once I make sure they aren't a bunch of death traps, I'll totally hit you up, brother."

"Ohh, a surf instructor?" Jayden asked, eyebrows raising in impressment. So this guy definitely knew his stuff... He smiled sympathetically as he listened to Cody rant, and he chuckled, nodding his head. "I guess they just don't get what they're expecting right away, and then bail on it. Guess that's human nature, or something."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 03/10/2015 3:21 PM

"Seriously, man." Cody nodded in agreement. "Some people, like, don't get that you just don't stand up on a board and start doing aerials. Surfing is like, an art form man. It takes time, it takes patience," Cody rubbed his own board affectionately, as if petting the family dog and not a piece of wood. "Your board has to get to know you, you have to trust each other. Or else, whoosh!" He made a big wavelike display of his arms. "You're toast."

"It's mostly the adults that you have to worry about, though. See, with the kids, they're so much more open to taking the time to learn it. Because falling into the ocean and splashing around is fun for them. Half the fun, really. But the adults, they get all flustered. They get so embarrassed if they fail, and then they wanna stop. It's sad." Cody shrugged, and then grinned. "But enough of that mess. Where do you come from Brother Jaybird? "

[7]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 03/13/2015 5:33 PM

Jayden smiled as Cody babbled on, content to listen to him as the waves gently rocked him up and down. He leaned on his elbow and glanced up at the sky as he heard a seagull cry, then went back to giving Cody his full attention when he made a wide arm gesture. Jayden chuckled, grinning at him. "I'm pretty impressed with you, brother. You definitely know what's up about the ocean, and all her fury," he added with a cocked eyebrow, then smiled and dipped his hand into the water, and brought it to his hair, cooling off his head without getting it totally waterlogged. "I remember I never did wanna grow up, when I was a lil' guy. Thought adults just sat at desks all day and stared at papers. Maybe that is what adults are, and you and I just never grew up, huh?"

Cutting off his own rambling, Jayden smiled at the question, rolling his shoulders a little as they began to ache a little from him leaning on his elbows. "Heart of New Orleans. Didn't grow up surfing or anything, but I didn't have much time to really grow up there," he added with a rueful look at the tip of his board, still smiling, though it didn't quite reach his eyes. "Y'know, big ol' storm went and wrecked the place when I was ten. But I ain't here to be a downer," he added, looking back at Cody and flashing a grin. "Too pretty of a day for that."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 03/23/2015 9:29 AM

Cody splashed his legs happily at Jaybird's praise. He had always felt in his heart that he and the ocean shared a special connection, even though the very notion had made his father spit out his coffee in laughter. And when his father crossed his mind, Jay's words became that more true to him, and he nodded vigorously. "Oh absolutely," He agreed. "My dad's in Finance. Works his 9 to 5 every day and comes home with less and less of a soul each time, man. Has some fancy degree from some Ivy League school that he had spent my entire life setting me up for a place in. Imagine my old man's surprise when I told him I wanted to drive an RV around the beach and surf all day!" Cody grinned at the memory. "He called me a dirty hippie, and that's what I named my board." He rapped his knuckles along the piece of wood. "Dirty Hippie."

New Orleans? Cody leaned forward on his board to lay his stomach across it now , resting his head at the top and lazily streaming eyes through the water. "Woah man, heavy." Cody said with a solemn nod. Oh yes, Cody remembered when that storm had hit. It had been all over the news, but at the time Cody had been too young to understand the gravity of the situation. "You got any family?"

[8]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer