The beautiful, clear waters of Nodia are a popular destination for swimmers, divers, and aquatic creatures alike. It is home to a wide array of natural wonders: coral reefs, kelp forests, and even an underwater river! (+2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nodia Sea

Re: Babes and Boardshorts [P, Zap][L?]

Postby zapdragon555 » 03/24/2015 12:01 AM

A smile flashed on Jayden's face at Cody's name for the board, a laugh escaping him. "Now that's making the best of it. She's a beauty, she is," Jayden nodded to Cody's board with a soft expression. He blinked as Cody asked him a question, and he seemed to deflate a little, nodding absently. "Yeah," he mused, scratching at his jaw slightly, finding dark stubble there. "Got some folks and a little sister. I kinda pretend I don't, though," he admitted, blinking at the water, then realized what he said might be strange. "Um... it's, heh. A little weird. Weird situation. I was kind of an asshole to them, I guess... or just, let 'em down. Big time... so I don't show my face much anymore. Just stay out here on the beach."

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby AuroraSky » 03/31/2015 1:30 PM

Cody could tell that he had sort of struck a nerve, although inside he had been curious for details he decided that perhaps that was not the best. He didn't want Brother Jaybird to get offended or anything, and leave him out here by himself. Cody glanced out to the ocean, seeing that far off the waves were really starting to take their shape. His stomach did that familiar flip of anticipation and he flexed his toes. "Hey, man, that's alright. I sort of have the same situation with my folks. Big, big disappointment." He laughed whole-heartedly; Cody really wasn't too bothered by things like that. He really wasn't bothered by most things at all, truly.

"My mom's all good with me. I'm her little chickadee, though, so you know. Dad thinks I'm one hell of a bum. So don't sweat it." Of course, Cody didn't know the extent of Jay's relationship with his family, but in his mind, things could never be too bad that they were unfixable. It was so much easier for him to deal with that mindset.

[9]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 486
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/08/2015 12:49 AM

Jayden's eyes flickered with a kind of happy camaraderie at Cody's words, and he nodded, sighing out his nose. "Family can make shit so complicated sometimes," he mused, running a hand over his forehead to cool it slightly, squinting out at the water. His shoulders shifted slightly as he stared at the oncoming waves. His attention was pulled back to Cody, and he chuckled. "The bum lifestyle is a good one, I'm finding," he said gently slapping his board. He looked back at the waves, then back at Cody, dark eyes shining. "Wanna go meet the waves halfway, brother?"

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby AuroraSky » 06/26/2015 10:50 AM

Cody nodded in agreement. "The bum lifestyle is the best, man!" He exclaimed, pleased to have met someone who appreciated what it was that Cody was about. "Not having to be responsible for anyone or anything, taking every day one at a time, it beats the shit out of any career for sure. And never let anyone tell you otherwise."

Looking outward to follow where Jay's gaze had gone, Cody realized that it might take the waves a little while to reach all the way down here and meeting them halfway would guarantee them a lot more surf time. And who wouldn't want that? "Good call, Jay Bird." Cody said, nodding approvingly. He sat up and switched his position onto his stomach so he could paddle outwards. Grinning at his companion, Cody yelled "Last one out has to eat a fistful of seaweed!" He yelled with glee before taking off.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 486
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 07/06/2015 12:35 AM

Jayden let out a laugh at that, delighted by Cody's response, and he quickly readjusted his board to paddle after Cody. It seemed the other man was faster than him, but Jayden was able to cut his way through the oncoming eddies and whitecaps with relative ease. "Looks like I'm eating seaweed, huh!" he called after Cody with a whoop and a laugh, eyes wide as he spotted an oncoming wave. "Oi, man! Look there!" he shouted, waving his arm as he paddled with the other towards a large, hulking figure of a wave that was beginning to form, headed straight for them. Determination in his eyes, Jayden dug his hands into the water, leaning into the surf--the first wave would be his, or at least, he'd have to share it with Cody. He could deal with that.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous