The beautiful, clear waters of Nodia are a popular destination for swimmers, divers, and aquatic creatures alike. It is home to a wide array of natural wonders: coral reefs, kelp forests, and even an underwater river! (+2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nodia Sea

Sky Pirates and an Inventor from Another World [Private]

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/24/2016 5:34 PM

[Ivan]

[Captain Veer makes a cameo.]

Captain Veer and her band of sky pirates were becoming somewhat locally known in the cities along the coasts of Nodia Sea. They did not dock in any of the ports, but often came flying across the sea from the horizon and over the towns to safely land in the untamed outskirts. It was difficult to say just what the grand ship was held aloft by, but it was propelled through the sky with strange machinery that decorated the outside in pipes and steered with the use of retractable wing-like structures, seemingly made of the same material as the sails. It was a marvelous spectacle to see, but many of the locals were becoming used to it.

Seeing it flying overhead, today, was nothing out of the ordinary.

The sky pirates had gathered up a great haul, combating other pirates on the high seas, namely those that had taken hostages or other things the Captain viewed as morally corrupt. The things that Veer did may have been questionable, but there were certain things she would never do, nor let anyone get away with.

Many of the crew desired to spend some of their new wealth, and they needed to restock some of their supplies, so they landed some distance away from one of the towns, where they would not be disturbed.

"Ivan, watch over the ship while I'm gone," the Captain had instructed the First Commander, after most of the crew had already disembarked.

"Yes, Captain."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Re: Sky Pirates and an Inventor from Another World [Private]

Postby SpringsSong » 04/24/2016 7:16 PM

[Viola Lisette Black.  Human form]

It was not often that Viola left her younger cousin in Medicai, but Tessa had been quite insistent that Viola take some time for herself.  She had, at one point in time, promised herself that she would go and see the black beaches of Nodia, and both Tessa and Vincent had been rather insistent that she go.

And so, she was strolling through the streets of a nearby town, wearing her usual Victorian-style, floor-length dress.  Her metallic arm glistened in the sunlight, catching the eyes of the people that she passed.  Holstered at her hip was a gun, although it didn't look like any normal gun.  Her long, white hair flowed in the light breeze that had picked up, and she reached up with her mechanical hand to push some of her hair behind her ears.

That's when she saw it--a ship flying overhead.

Viola stopped in her tracks as she watched the ship fly by, admiring the workmanship of the vessel.  As it descended, Viola began to walk in the direction of the vessel, her pace quickening as she made her way towards it.

If she passed any of the vessel's crew as she walked towards the vessel, but she continued along until she was closer to the vessel.  It looked as though it was something out of her own world, but she knew that was unlikely--after all, the flying vehicles that she and her cousins had engineered were for single passengers, nor were they multipurpose, as this ship was.

Despite her better judgment, as she came up to the vessel, she looked around warily.  After a few moments, she exhaled and prepared to board the ship.

Just a quick peek around wouldn't hurt, Viola thought to herself.  It's been so long since I saw something of this level of craftsmanship...
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5883
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/01/2016 6:52 PM

The ship seemed void of life. The majority of the crew tagged along with a few fellow pirates, the unusual half-fairy twins, that had the innate ability to teleport. It was the best way to make the most of their time. The others left with different methods, but were well dispersed by the time the strange woman appeared.

Ivan was not seen on the deck, either. He could see it from where he was perched, but his nose was in a logbook, checking over the data they had gathered during their trip. They recorded almost every peice of relevant information, including cataloging the different treasures they had gathered, which pirate was given what of the haul, and so on to even include rumors of treasure and legends.

Still, with the ship being alive, in its own way, it was doubtful that the woman shake the feeling of being watched.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/19/2016 10:28 AM

Viola's steps were hesitant, as if she felt like she wasn't supposed to be there at all.  Curiosity, however, propelled her forward, gathering her skirt slightly so that she didn't trip over it as she stepped fully onto the deck.  After a few minutes of looking around, she began to slowly wander around the ship, although she kept looking over her shoulder from time to time, and completely turning around at other times.

...I'm not here alone, she thought to herself after several long minutes.  Come to think of it... I probably really shouldn't be here, she thought, beginning to turn around to leave the ship.  She did, however, take one last look around, her red eyes glinting with curiosity before she turned to leave.
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5883
Donate