The beautiful, clear waters of Nodia are a popular destination for swimmers, divers, and aquatic creatures alike. It is home to a wide array of natural wonders: coral reefs, kelp forests, and even an underwater river! (+2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nodia Sea

Re: Plastic Beach [P: Feint & cloudwilk]

Postby Feint » 06/29/2016 4:35 PM

It took Cahir a good few minutes to paddle his scaly butt down there. When he arrived, he elected to merely float in the thrashing tide above the reef, exhausted.

"There's so many colors!" he said. "If there was a light, there would be more. Did you know that? The ocean eats certain colors. Your eyes are the equivalent of one who is colorblind right now." Indeed, it was true - under the water, Cahir no longer looked red. He looked pure black, blacker than anything found on land, like a shadow lurking in the deep.

The local fish did not see him at all until they heard him, after which they noticed he was still. A few brave ones took the opportunity to swarm him. He stifled ticklish giggles as they nibbled dead scales and algae away from his body.

"I feel clean," he joked.

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1254
Donate

Postby cloudwilk » 06/29/2016 9:08 PM

The likuta gave a half snicker at the strangeness of Cahir. "Some of them look like they're ready to just gobble you up..." He proceeded with light-heartedness, "You'd certainly make good bait."

After a good survey of the reef, Elgyn was ready to really put himself to the test. Ignoring the little pinch warning from earlier, he became personal with the reef as he lowered himself within a crevice. A mental map positioned itself in the upper left-hand corner of his mind as he prepared himself. Eyes narrowed, muscles pulled out, Elgyn darted and weaved through the sections of the reef at a speed well enough to avoid pinching- from crabs at least. A few niches of the walls and anemones made sure to make their presence known.

FWOOSH! He quickly swerved, almost running smack into a great wall decorated with reef-attire. He came to a halt, body dragging forward in a cloud of bubbles before almost crushing some poor fishes' homes. A dead end. Elygn mentally ran through his mental map once more, confused at the error... until he quickly realized he took a turn at an area he didn't recognize as a turn. He swam up and out of the crevice to find his accusation was correct. 'Hm.' He thought, still a little proud of how quick he had moved, regardless of screwing up.

He took a moment to come back to the surface with Cahir. He felt a little bad seeing how tired Cahir already was. Perhaps another round was not in session. "Need a lift?" Elgyn offered his back.
cloudwilk
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 270
Donate

Postby Feint » 06/30/2016 8:29 PM

Cahir laughed. His belly wobbles scared the fish away, which made him laugh harder.

After calming down, he decided he was rested enough to explore. He aimed his nose at the coral and paddled. He was so well camouflaged that fish were bumping into him, yet he made no move to feast on any. A mimic octopus burst out of hiding and fled away. Cahir watched it retreat, entranced.

He made it to the surface well before Elgyn was done with the reef and hung limply on the surface of the water like a drape, exhausted. "A lift would be greatly appreciated," he said, and clambered onto his back. "Where to next? I could use a nap."

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby cloudwilk » 07/01/2016 7:28 AM

((Oh my gosh your icon is staring into my soul.))

"Well." He looked up at the fading sky- pinks and oranges starting to take captive the light that was left, "It seems that we are getting pretty close to the shore. Hopefully we can make it there before midnight. I'm sure you'll get a much better rest there." Elgyn started gliding forward, giving one more glance at the beautiful little world below. It would destroy him if he knew it was under attack.

Elgyn must have taken a little turn west because it took longer than expected to reach anything- and the thing he did reach sure was no coast. It was late night and incredibly dark considering the new moon, but he could still make out the slight silhouette of a monster protruding from the water. It sent shivers down his spine but it didn't stop him. Afterall, the monster was inanimate. Perhaps it wasn't alive.

Upon closer inspection he could make out wood, rope, poles, and sails. It was a ship, half consumed by water, half diagonally reaching for the sky. It was so incredibly dark and beaten up. Elgyn's mind wanted to let certain fears go, certain precautions and paranoid ideas hit the water so he could get an actual nights rest. His ears were attentive as he listened close, hoping not to hear anything in the hollows. Once he didn't, he climbed into a huge hole on the side of the ship and curled himself up along a mostly broken wooden floor. He made sure to stay visible in what little light the night offered. Best not to let his entire body become consumed by darkness.
cloudwilk
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 07/01/2016 6:39 PM

((Mr. Bean watches you while you sleep.))

Cahir looked up at the sky in shock, as though seeing it for the first time. "When did it get so late?" he asked, surprised. "No wonder I'm tired."

It was the last thing he said for a while. Ten minutes into their journey, Cahir fell asleep on Elgyn's back. He made little hiccuping sounds as he slept, as though dreaming of choking on something he could not dislodge from his throat.

He awoke with a start, and slid off Elgyn's back willingly as Elgyn leaped up into the ship. He took a moment to paddle around a little, inspecting the wooden behemoth from below, before crawling onto the wooden planks beside the likuti.

"Just making sure there's no predators," he said. "They like stuff like this."

After some careful inspection, he found a little wooden cupboard and contentedly shut himself up in it, guarded on all four sides from danger.

He made the hiccuping sounds all through the night. They were not loud, thankfully, but he would occasionally suffer a large one that would jostle him just enough to wake him. His night was fitful.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby cloudwilk » 07/02/2016 7:02 AM

Unfortunately, there were predators lurking in the depths of the ship. Luckily, they didn't care to notice Elgyn or Cahir, mostly because they were occupied deep underneath the water.

Elgyn woke up late the next morning and stretched his limbs out. 'Geez, the sun is already so high in the sky.' He was in the middle of a yawn when he realized Cahir wasn't in sight. Elgyn panicked, a little disorderly from stopping mid-yawn, and started looking around. The words, "Just making sure there's no predators..." were suddenly in vivid red in his mind, though he had no idea where they came from. Must have been somewhere late yesterday? Maybe at the reef? Didn't matter now- Cahir was gone.

*hic*

He heard a noise coming from... some kind of enclosure. A cabinet. The noise resurged and Elgyn recognized it. He looked inside the cupboard and noticed Cahir who looked rather restless. A quick block of relief melted slowly through Elgyn's body and he went back toward the light and plopped himself down. The sun felt good.
cloudwilk
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 07/02/2016 8:06 PM

Cahir sleepily squinted at Elgyn, and put up a paw to block the light. Blessedly, the door closed again. He stretched his legs out and yawned, then rubbed his face with his paws and groaned.

"I don't really want to get up," he said, and weakly giggled. Sadly, get up he must, so he did. He stretched, hoping to pump some life back into his legs, then pushed the cupboard doors open and shuffled out. His long claws clicked against the wood, and his tail scraped the floorboards with a soft hiss.

The first thing he inspected was the pool. The ship, on its side as it was, had a rock jutting into the bottom somewhere, and water flowed into the cavernous belly freely. They were napping in what had been the captain's quarters, which was elevated above the rest of the ship, therefore significantly drier. The quarters had stairs leading down to a lower area for private dining (which was the precise location where they'd slept), and double doors from there leading into what had been for entertaining guests of honor, which was fully submerged.

The double doors were long gone - likely used as rafts years ago when the ship had first sunk - so Cahir had a very clear view of the water and the rotting wood within it. The area was just deep enough to host a curious shark, and though he hadn't spotted one yet, Cahir was absolutely certain he would find one.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby cloudwilk » 07/03/2016 12:50 AM

Meanwhile, Elgyn was looking outwards. He was hungry and more prepared to catch breakfast than look for anything else. He dived out, straight into open water- glistening with a beautiful, cerulean hue that had been further emphasized by the morning light- in search of fish. Strangely enough, he couldn't spot anything for.... miles? He rubbed his eyes to make sure it wasn't his own, sleepy ineptitude.

Nope. There was nothing out there. He jumped back into the ship pretty quickly before causing too much attention. "Strange thing..." He told Cahir, who was up and gazing in towards the ship, "There doesn't seem to be many fish around here. Looks like we'll have to start heading out if we want anything to eat before noon." Elgyn started to brush his fur fairly quickly, trying to briskly prepare himself for the day.
cloudwilk
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 07/07/2016 5:23 PM

"Sure..." said Cahir, sending one last suspicious glance back at the murky water.

Suddenly, what Elgyn said registered. "Wait, NO fish? Really?" Cahir asked. His whole face was wide in shock. Looks like he didn't need to be worried about sharks after all - predators were only ever found where there was food. "Ships are usually loaded with them!"

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby cloudwilk » 07/07/2016 5:38 PM

"Huh...." Elgyn shrugged. "That is weird."

He turned to jump in the water but became jolted, flailing his arms around trying to back up onto the floor. The shock stayed in his eyes, explicitly showing the fear that trickled down his nervous system like little angry spiders. He turned back to normal quickly and turned to Cahir, "Dude, there's something in there." He whispered, "Something huge."
cloudwilk
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 07/07/2016 5:54 PM

Cahir's pale eyes widened, and he started to move toward the door. At the last second, he chickened out, and shuffled back by Elgyn's side.

"What is it?" he asked anxiously. The water flooding the lower floor - the one Cahir had been inspecting for sharks earlier - rippled. Something else had been frightened into the ship for safety.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby cloudwilk » 07/08/2016 9:23 PM

"I-" He paused, "Have no idea." The shock faded from Elgyn and his adventure mode kicked in. He jumped towards the entryway and looked around. Judging by the lack of creatures, the big fellow was most likely hungry. So long as he didn't know the two of them were around, he would have to be out of there in no time. What point was there in staying?

Elgyn got a bad feeling in his gut, though, that the big fellow was aware of their presence. It seemed to almost linger outside, swimming in circles or... something. Elgyn couldn't entirely tell because of the waters reflection. He dipped his head underwater for a moment to get a better glance. It hadn't noticed him.

"It looks like a shark." He whispered sharply, "A very large, dark, and almost disturbed shark. It doesn't even seem to notice we're here. It's just... swimming in circles or something."

Of course as he said it, the shark came back in towards the ship. Elgyn noticed it a bit late, but once he did, he locked his eyes on it.
cloudwilk
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 07/13/2016 8:57 PM

(Sorry for the wait, my internet was down to 0.13mpbs and I couldn't make the page load. I realized what the problem was and fixed it.)

Cahir shivered with fear. "Oh, I hope it's not an orca," he said.

Where he was from, sharks were little reef-dwelling ones that meant a creature his size no harm. Orcas, however, were death incarnate. The monsters would swarm their prey and swim in tight circles around them, trapping them with their bodies. To keep them still, they would blow millions of little bubbles, churning the water white, confusing and disorienting them. The hungry orcas would then take turns coming up from below, mouths gaping. Any survivors lived the rest of their lives with a terrible fear of bubbles.

Cahir quickly scooted off to the pool he'd been inspecting earlier, the one with the mystery guest. "I'll see if there's another exit," he said. "I don't want to try and outswim an orca."

If he was wrong and the creature was indeed a massive shark, he would have the fright of his life.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby cloudwilk » 08/20/2016 12:47 PM

((I'm so sorry for how long this took for me to get back X< I got caught up in things and, not only neglected this site, but also FlightRising. Sadly a lot of things suffered because of this. Not sure if you wanted to continue this or just finish it up. Honestly, I could go either way. This has definitely been my most successful roleplay on this site so far!))

"Hm." Elgyn quizzically looked at Cahir. Elgyn himself hadn't met many orcas, so his fear of them were pretty low. Unknowingly, plenty of his friend's family members had suffered their own orca-induced deaths. Elgyn didn't fear much- a brave likuta he was- but if he had, sharks would manage to be on that list. Not so much because of their instinctive craving of likuta. No. Moreso because as a young pup, gams of sharks would pillage and steal from the less adept- some cases even brutally torturing its victims. He knew it was not a common thing for sharks to act like this, so he really wasn't afraid. But still, deep-rooted in his subconsciousness, his eyes were drawn to the teeth and back fins, waiting for something.

[[Thanks for the adventure- I'm going to withdraw from the RP since it's been awhile.]]
cloudwilk
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous