The beautiful, clear waters of Nodia are a popular destination for swimmers, divers, and aquatic creatures alike. It is home to a wide array of natural wonders: coral reefs, kelp forests, and even an underwater river! (+2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nodia Sea

This Isn't a Vacation [Self | Hunt]

Postby Kitsumi » 07/12/2017 5:40 PM

Sawyer

Without his usual vest and utility belt, Sawyer felt naked. It didn't help that the scuba suit he wore clung to his body in the most uncomfortable of places. Being a man who liked loose clothing, the feeling wasn't at all a pleasant one for him.

As if sensing his thoughts - or perhaps noticing the man tugging at the tight material - the scuba instructor grinned. "You'll be grateful for that suit when you realize how cold the water gets further down," he chuckled. "The waters may be warm near the shore, but the sun's warmth can only reach so far."

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7109
Donate

Re: This Isn't a Vacation [Self | Hunt]

Postby Kitsumi » 07/14/2017 6:46 PM

"Yeah? Well, I think I would rather freeze clothed than swim warmly in this." Sawyer responded in his particular sarcastic fashion. "This clings like a second set of skin. I don't even feel like I'm wearing anything." Once again, he attempted to tug the suit away from his body, and once again, the fabric snapped right back into place.

The man chuckled. "If you didn't want to wear the suit, why did you choose to go scuba diving? Surely there was a better way for you to spend your vacation?"

"This wasn't a vacation, friend," Sawyer replied.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 07/14/2017 7:04 PM

"My name's Andrew," the scuba instructor provided his name and then offered his hand to shake. "But you can call me Andy, if you like."

Taking the offered hand, Sawyer gave a firm handshake as well as his own name. "Sawyer. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Leaning against the railing of the boat, Andrew looked up at Sawyer. "So if you don't mind my asking, if it isn't for vacation and you're obviously not comfortable with the suit, why exactly are you going scuba diving? It's not usually something that people just do for kicks. I mean, it is, but you know what I'm saying."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 07/14/2017 7:15 PM

Sawyer laughed. "I get what you're saying." Gesturing to the camera bag laying at his feet, he explained. "Photography is one of my many talents. I'm going diving to take some pictures of the coral reefs and aquatic life. The pictures will be used in pamphlets and presentations about how to keep the ocean clean and healthy."

Looking impressed, Andrew nodded. "A worthy cause. In that case, I commend you for being willing to do something you aren't exactly comfortable with in order to help the environment. Too few people are even willing to do small things, like use energy efficient light bulbs or walk the extra steps to throw their garbage in the appropriate bin."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate