The beautiful, clear waters of Nodia are a popular destination for swimmers, divers, and aquatic creatures alike. It is home to a wide array of natural wonders: coral reefs, kelp forests, and even an underwater river! (+2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nodia Sea

Taking a Break [Self] [L]

Postby ToxicShadow » 07/28/2019 9:57 PM

Image Image

Every once in awhile, Blaidds sent the twin siblings out of the restaurant to enjoy themselves. They were both considered key players in making sure the Bladed Sushi ran smoothly, so it was common that at least one or the other was on the schedule, if not both, throughout the entire week. But the boss made certain to give them the same days off, from time to time, so they could hang out together.

They were very close siblings, and he was unwilling to tarnish that and prevent them from spending time with their precious family members.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate

Re: Resting [Self] [L]

Postby ToxicShadow » 07/28/2019 10:01 PM

Holding onto her flip flop sandals with one hand, the young woman strolled across the beach barefoot, enjoying the feeling of the damp sand beneath her feet. Normally, she wasn't a big flip flop person, though she found that to be an exception when it came to the beach. The flimsy plastic and foam withstood the sea water decently.

Walking with a nearly matching stride, though a pace behind, her brother couldn't help but to chuckle at his sister's antics. Unlike her, his shoes were firmly in place.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 07/28/2019 10:07 PM

"What?" Nelly mockingly snapped at her brother, half heartedly attempting to glare back at him over her shoulder when she heard him chuckling.

"Nothing," Farhar held both of his hands up in the air, palms open and facing his sister. "It's just... I never pegged you for a walk on the beach barefoot type."

"We live right off the beach," she protested easily enough. "If I wasn't a walk on the beach barefoot type, it'd be a real tragedy."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 07/28/2019 10:10 PM

Though, honestly, Nelly couldn't really say that she was particularly in love with the beach or sea or anything. It didn't call to her, nor did she consider herself passionate about it. But it was fun to visit, everyone once in awhile, especially when it was this close. It seemed silly not to walk around on the beach on your day off, when you lived within minutes of it. That would be waste.

"Why don't you give it a real try?" she suggested, finally twisting around to face her twin entirely, a smile plastered onto her face.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 07/28/2019 10:13 PM

"No thanks. Hard pass," Farhar responded, shaking his head.

Although it was probably cliche, as a Kuhna man, Farhar was definitely not a fan of water. The beach was okay. Not his favorite place, in the least, but... okay. But he didn't really care for "enjoying" the sand squishing up between his toes if moist from the water, or burning his feet if it wasn't. Not that getting sand in his shoes and socks was enjoyable, either, but it was maybe the lessor evil.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 07/28/2019 10:18 PM

Nelly exhaled in a silly fashion in response, making a "pbft" sound as her lips vibrated and she made a slightly pouty face. "You're no fun, brother dear."

"Haha." Farhar didn't actually laugh, just spoke the words out loud; his response to her banter.

"Really, though. The beach? I thought you'd want to do something more exciting today. It's been our first day off together in awhile."

Had it actually been a planned day off, they would have gone to visit their father since it'd been awhile since they made their way out there, but he wasn't at home today. So they had found out, when they reached out to him.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 07/28/2019 10:22 PM

"Aaah. I guess we could go to a movie or something later?" Nelly made the suggestion, but it sounded more like a question. She was just throwing a random idea out there. "Go grab some lunch or dinner, maybe?" It was all pretty basic stuff, but not unenjoyable. Simple things were nice sometimes.

"We have just been eating a lot of sushi lately," Farhar said, as he considered the idea.

There was, of course, nothing wrong with sushi, and the two did love it, but mixing things up once in awhile was good, too.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 07/28/2019 10:25 PM

"Sounds like a plan, then," Nelly said, nodding her head once. "But not until I find some seashells."

"Seriously?" Farhar gave her a disbelieving look. "Can't you just stop by later and do it then?" They lived right here. There was no reason she needed to do something like that right now, was there?

"I'd much rather do it while I can chat your ear off, than do it all alone," the sister of the pair pointed out. " Would you really leave it just to me?"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 07/28/2019 10:27 PM

"You're more than perfectly capable of taking care of yourself," Farhar began. "But I guess. I might as well help you, huh?" But, still, what did she even want to find shells for? "Do you really want them?"

Nelly nodded her head. "Of course. I was planning to get a little crafty." It was really just something she wanted to try randomly in spare time, decorating with sea shells, because, well, why not? It seemed like a fun little project.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 07/28/2019 10:30 PM

After a drawn out moment of silence that was longer than necessary, the brother responded with, "... Right. Just keep your little projects out of our shared spaces, huh? I guess, depending, it might have a place in the bathroom or something, but no thanks on living room."[/b]

Nelly sighed. "Joy killer," she teased him, sticking her tongue out quickly before retracting it.

That was maybe the more difficult thing about the siblings sharing an apartment: trying to agree on home decor.

[Wild Pet Found]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate