The beautiful, clear waters of Nodia are a popular destination for swimmers, divers, and aquatic creatures alike. It is home to a wide array of natural wonders: coral reefs, kelp forests, and even an underwater river! (+2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nodia Sea

Waking Up Where?

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/18/2019 8:29 PM

ImageImage
[Temporary Forms]

One moment, she was sleeping soundly in her warm, comfortable bed surrounded by a few too many pillows and a few of her valued plushes, even though most would say that she was too old for that sort of habit.

The next, she heard a voice, "Hey! Hey! Are you alright? Wake up! Hello?" It was entirely unfamiliar to her, and she wrote it off as a lasting memory from her dreams. After all, she was at home, in her bed. Why would anyone she didn't know come to wake her?

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate

Re: Waking Up Where?

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/18/2019 8:32 PM

With these blurry, sleepy thoughts, she decided to keep her eyes closed. Right, just a dream. And she was still tired, so she supposed she would just fall all the way asleep again and probably keep on dreaming. But that didn't go as planned.

"Hey!" the voice carried on, not giving up, even at the lack of response that she showed. "You need to wake up!" If she didn't know any better, she would say that this mysterious voice seemed worried about her. That was the sort of tone it began to have.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/18/2019 8:34 PM

But that didn't make any sense, either... At least, she didn't recall having a dream where someone would be worried about her. Though, she did have a strange dream, didn't she...? It was beginning to come back to her now...

"Wake up!" With the demand, this time, she felt her whole body being lightly shaken. The physical contact, and the realization that she was actually being touched, made her jolt awake, though her eye lids still felt horribly heavy.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/18/2019 9:48 PM

It felt difficult to open her eyes, as though she was still horribly tired and her body was resisting waking up with everything it had, but she finally willed them open, only to find that her vision was little bit blurry. At this realization, she tried not to let herself panic. Certainly, things were fine. She was just too tired. After sucking in a deep breath and blinking several mores times, which occurred in the briefest of moments, her vision finally cleared.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/18/2019 9:55 PM

Her eyes were filled with... yellow.

Standing before her was not a person, rather it was a somewhat small, yellowed furred bipedal creature with red circular markings on its cheeks, long, pointed ears tipped with black and very round, dark eyes.

She stared at the creature in confusion. It seemed familiar. Very familiar. But, at the same time, entirely not. Rather than focusing on that, though, she began to look around herself, looking for the source of the worried voice.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/18/2019 9:59 PM

She was searching for a person. After all, the possibility of the strange yellow creature actually talking to her, well, then she really would think she was still dreaming if that were to happen.

But that is what happened.

There was no one else around, but she heard the voice again, "Hey, you finally woke up! Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?"

She turned her head toward the source of the voice, right back toward the yellow creature.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/18/2019 10:01 PM

"Um," she started, uncertain of how to answer, and if it really was the creature talking to her. This seemed ridiculous. But hurt? Well, no, she didn't think she was in any pain. Though, somehow, she felt... off. Incredibly off. "I'm not hurt," she concluded.

She wasn't sure if she was expecting an actual response or not, but she saw the yellow creature heave a sigh of what she could only assume was relief and managed a smile.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/18/2019 10:04 PM

"Thank goodness!" The voice came out when the yellow creature moved its mouth. So, in conclusion, yes, it was it that was speaking. "I was really worried when you didn't wake up right away! What are you doing out here, anyway? I haven't seen any Skitty here before, let alone passed out on the beach like this."

She was barely just grasping that this furry critter was talking to her when a whole lot of words spilled out of its mouth, and all she could do for a long moment was stare.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/18/2019 10:08 PM

Everything about this situation was difficult to just... accept. But what choice did she have, when faced with the fact that it was, indeed, talking to her? But a lot of what it said served to just confuse her even more. "The beach?" she repeated. "Skitty? What's a Skitty?" True, it rhymed with "kitty," but her name was not, nor was her nickname, Kitty... Right? It didn't feel like it was, but she was suddenly unsure. What... was her name?

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/18/2019 10:13 PM

The latter question, which was the one the yellow creature ended up focusing on, confused him. The answer was obvious, wasn't it? "You," he said. "You are a Skitty." Just what was going on in this Skitty's head? Was she really okay?

"I have no idea what you are talking about," she answered without even putting a moment of thought into her response; it just came out of her mouth.

But she ended up focusing more on the fact that she didn't feel like herself.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/18/2019 10:16 PM

At this point, it was only a feeling, though, because she realized... she didn't really know. Just what was she like? She was suddenly uncertain about that, too.

One thing was for sure, though. The creature had mentioned the beach, and when she put any amount of thought into it, she realized she was lying on something soft and warm. Not the same soft she thought she was used to, but it definitely felt like fine, soft sand.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/18/2019 10:19 PM

With this in mind, she glanced down, her eyes finding that she was lying on the sand. But... Wait. She didn't see hands in front of her. Rather, she saw yellowy cream, fur covered... nubs. That was how she first thought to describe them, but they probably passed for being called "paws," too, and that was probably the proper term.

That was finally when she finally tried to get a look at herself, and everything went completely wrong with the world.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/18/2019 10:23 PM

She wasn't human!

Her eyes met with more of the yellowy cream fur, and pink fur, and a tiny body with little nubs for feet, too, and she had a really strange.. tail. That was a tail, right? That had a strange bulbous bit at the end that reminded her a little bit of a... was it called a cattail? That weird plant that was commonly found around water.

This didn't make any sense at all!

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/18/2019 10:25 PM

The more she saw, the more she thought about, the more confused she became. It didn't help that everything felt strange, that she looked strange, that she was talking to some strange yellow creature that she was pretty certain was familiar but was equally as certain that she had never seen or met such a thing before, but that wasn't even as confusing as the fact that she seemed to remember some things, or had a sense for it, but there were other things she just didn't seem to remember at all.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/18/2019 10:26 PM

She knew this body was not right. It did not feel right. She was supposed to be a human, with two hands and two feet, attached to two long arms and two long legs. She didn't have colorful fur, but she did have long hair growing from her head because she hated the thought of ever cutting it too short.

But if she knew all of that, why could she not recall something like her own name?

[Hunt Complete]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate