The beautiful, clear waters of Nodia are a popular destination for swimmers, divers, and aquatic creatures alike. It is home to a wide array of natural wonders: coral reefs, kelp forests, and even an underwater river! (+2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nodia Sea

Re: Underwater Exploration [Event]

Postby Kitsumi » 07/20/2021 6:24 PM

It took a moment for the land dwelling paragon to comprehend the words. Once she did, her eyes widened. "So, you aren't a normal paragon, then?" she asked. "You are... something else?"

"Something else?" Guardian echoed, thinking over the words. "Yes, something else, I believe. Although I'm afraid I couldn't tell you what exactly I am. An extension of the water, perhaps? Or perhaps you might consider me its servant, since my life is dedicated to its protection and care."

Nîdhalbe's tail swished through the water excitedly. "This is incredible! I never knew that there were creatures like you to guard the oceans and seas!"

[16]

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7194
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 07/20/2021 6:26 PM

"I am not sure if there are any others of my kind," Guardian explained. "And I am not even sure how I came to be, whether I was created or born or if I have simply always existed. I am not surprised that you haven't heard of my presence. I rarely reveal myself unless I sense danger, and in those cases the ones who see me rarely make it back to the surface."

At these words, the other female gulped slightly. "I... I don't wish to do any harm," she said quickly. "I would never do anything to contaminate or otherwise hurt the sea, I promise!"

[17]

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 07/20/2021 6:31 PM

Guardian chuckled, and then immediately looked surprised. This was the first time she could remember ever laughing, in her eons of existence. After a moment, she remembered the other paragon and was quick to offer her reassurance.

"I know that you mean no harm," she said. "Although I must be honest, I am quite confused as to why you would come down here if not to steal something or otherwise harm the ocean. Most of your kind that I have encountered only wish to do us harm." She looked Nîdhalbe up and down curiously. "Why is it that you would risk your life to come down here?"

[18]

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 07/20/2021 7:08 PM

For a moment, Nîdhalbe pondered the question. It wasn't that she didn't know the answer, but rather that she wasn't sure how to explain the way that she felt. Finally, after deliberating for a bit, she began to speak.

"I love the water," she admitted. "Ever since I was a hatchling, swimming has been my favorite thing to do. I made a life for myself beside a lake because of how much I enjoy it. But even that wasn't enough. So every now and then, when I can afford to do so, I enjoy staying near the ocean and exploring its depths, seeing its beauties."

[19]

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 07/20/2021 7:19 PM

"Is that so?" Guardian drew closer, studying the other paragon for any signs of deceit. But as far as she could tell, the land-dweller was telling the truth. "Interesting. I believe this is the first time I've met someone who loves the water as I do."

Nîdhalbe cocked her head curiously. "Really? That's a shame. There are many who love the water and wish to protect it. You aren't the only guardian, you know. Although the rest of us don't have whatever abilities you have. The most we can do is raise awareness about pollution and the ecosystem of the ocean, and attempt to get others to change their ways."

[20]

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 07/20/2021 7:39 PM

"You don't jest?" Guardian asked. "There are those on land who care about the water?"

The other paragon nodded. "Of course! In fact, if I could breathe underwater like you, I would probably choose to live down here. As it is, I spend as much time in the water as possible."

"And what if I could make it so that you could?" Guardian watched for Nîdhalbe's reaction. When she realized that the other female was confused, she tried to explain. "There is an item that cane make it so that you can breathe underwater. Indefinitely. What would you do with that item if I were to give it to you?"

[21]

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 07/20/2021 7:46 PM

"What would I do with it?" Nîdhalbe asked, not quite understanding.

Guardian simply asked again. "What would you do with it? Would you attempt to sell it? I don't understand much about what goes on above the water, but I do know that your kind practically worships the strange stones that you use for commerce. I assume that such a powerful item would be worth many of these stones."

"I would never sell it!" the other paragon spoke firmly. "I care little for keystones. Most of what I need in life, I gather or hunt for myself. The abilities of an item like that is worth far more than the keystones I could get for it."

[22]

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 07/20/2021 8:09 PM

Appearing to be satisfied with this answer, Guardian nodded. "In that case, I will entrust the item to you. Once it has fully bonded with you, no one will be able to take it from you. Many have tried to steal it in the past, and I would feel that it is much safer in your care."

Nîdhalbe was stunned. For a moment, she considered rejecting the offer. After all, could she really ask to be given such a powerful object? But Guardian's words made sense. If the item would be unable to be taken from her, it would be safe from thieves in her care. Wouldn't it be better for the item to be in the care of someone who appreciated it?

[23]

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 07/20/2021 8:17 PM

After contemplating the decision for a minute or two, Nîdhalbe finally nodded. "If you are sure you wish to offer it to me, than I will accept it."

"Good," Guardian was relieved that the paragon had agreed. "I should warn you however, the crystal is quite far away. The journey will be tiring. Potentially dangerous as well, although I should be able to protect the two of us without problem. I simply wouldn't want to bring you along with me without warning you beforehand."

The other female chuckled. "I understand. I am more than willing to undertake the risk, especially for such an incredible opportunity as this."

[24]

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 07/20/2021 8:24 PM

"Follow me, then," Guardian said. "I'm not sure of exactly how quickly you can swim, or what your stamina is like. So please, let me know if you need me to slow down or require a rest." With this said, she began pushing through the water, using her tail to help propel her more quickly.

The pace she set was one that she considered to be slow, much slower than she would normally move at least. But for Nîdhalbe, the pace was close to her top speed. She knew that she wouldn't be able to keep moving at this speed for very long.

[25]

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 07/20/2021 11:36 PM

Nîdhalbe didn't consider herself a prideful paragon, and she didn't intend on slowing both of them down by running through all of her stamina quickly and then being unable to continue. So she called out to the other female, letting her know of the issue. "This pace is a bit too swift for me to maintain," she admitted. "If you slow down slightly, I should be able to keep up with you for hours."

"I apologize," Guardian immediately began to slow, her new speed much more comfortable. "I forget that I move so much more quickly than land-dwellers. How is this, am I still swimming too fast?"

[26]

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 07/20/2021 11:51 PM

"This is perfect," the paragon replied. "I'm sorry that you have to slow down to accommodate me. But thank you for doing so."

"Oh, please don't apologize." Guardian continued cutting through the water as she spoke. "I know that my capabilities are far above that of mortals. Oh, no offense of course."

The other female laughed. "None taken. You're simply speaking the truth." Something about Guardian's words interest her, and she finds herself full of questions. She starts with the most obvious: "From the way you spoke of mortals as if you didn't fit into that group, I take it that you are immortal?"

[27]

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 07/20/2021 11:58 PM

It comes to a surprise to Nîdhalbe when the other paragon looks a bit taken aback by the question. Wasn't she the one to bring up her difference to mortals?

"Well," Guardian takes a deep breath as she begins to explain. "I am immortal, in the sense that I am ageless. However, I go into periods of hibernation that are very similar to what you mortals call 'death'. Sometimes I will remain in this state for hundreds of years, until something awakens me from my slumber. Today, I was awoken... for you. The sea chose you. It is why I am willing to trust you with this treasure."

[28]

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 07/21/2021 12:08 AM

"You can sleep for hundreds of years?" Nîdhalbe's voice is laden with shock. "That's incredible. Do you have to eat a lot before you go into this hibernation? Oh, or do you not need to eat at all? Ah, I'm sorry, I hope you don't mind the questions."

Guardian seemed more amused than anything. "I don't mind the questions, although I may not have the answers to all of them. Actually, I rarely get to socialize so I quite enjoy this. Anyways," she suddenly remembers that she has a question to answer. "No, I don't need to eat. I'm not sure how I manage to survive like this, it's simply how I have always been."

[29]

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 07/21/2021 12:17 AM

This information only brought about more questions. The paragon tried to narrow them down to questions that she thought the other female would be able to answer. Eventually, she settled on one that she believed would be somewhat easy.

"Have you always been here, in the Nodia Sea?" Nîdhalbe asked.

"No," Guardian answered. "In fact, I can travel between large bodies of water with ease. I tend to go where I am needed. Sometimes I even awaken in a different place than I was when I went into a state of slumber. It's as if the water itself carries me to where I need to be."

[30]

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate