While the waters close to the shore are tropical, Freighlei grows colder the further south you go. Very few areas are covered in ice, travelers are advised to watch out for icebergs. Because of the temperatures, the water is surprisingly clear! (+2 stat of choice)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Freighlei Ocean

They Are Drawn To Us {Self|Quest} [M:L,V,G?horror?]

Postby Saahs » 07/20/2017 5:13 PM

(Mor'val, draconic form. This takes place several months in the past, and may or may not have some themes of horror.)

There had been something about the south that had called to Mor'val. She couldn't tell whether it was benign or malevolent, but either way... she could tell it wanted something from her. But was she willing to give it away, whatever it was? As she had traversed from the temple where she'd been staying, towards the shores far south, the paragon decided that her caller would get one of two things:

Either, what they wanted from her, or, a spear through their neck.

Her wings, much larger in her draconic form than they were in her humanoid form, carried her high over the humid lands below. Days passed before she needed a breather down on the ground, but even then she could just about see the outline of Freighlei in the distance as she soared towards land for rest.
when that light goes out this eve,
some will run, and some will grieve.

if you have a reason, or if you believe,
in darkness we trust.

the whores and gentlemen, they lead,
trails of insecurities.

i am not a watchman, i do as i please.

in darkness i trust.

About/Journal | Zoo Pen | Documents | Wishlist
Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1122
Donate

Re: They Are Drawn To Us {Self|Quest} [M:L,V,G?horror?]

Postby Saahs » 07/20/2017 5:25 PM

(Warren/Leksa, humanoid form.)

Leksa tilted his head up slowly, letting it lope to the side limply after a moment. A grin spread wider and wider on his features, metal canines bared ever more. Clad in tattered leathers, robes, and chains, the eldritch-possessed man stood up from where he'd curled up in the cool sands along Ferighlei's shores. The sea was always calling, always beckoning those that carried the Laws on them-- whether that be in the stone... or in the flesh.

And the Law carved into his forehead, exposed for the world to see, was telling him that another one was drawing near.

As he stood, Leksa hoisted up the glaive he'd picked up some time ago; a part of its head had cracked off, but it was much more useful than the axes he'd left behind well over four years ago that had gotten stuck in some unfortunate walls. And, of course, some unfortunate people's heads. Maybe he'd have to pry this glaive out of someone's head, soon? He hoped so.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 07/20/2017 6:20 PM

Mor'val landed past the outskirts of the Tengel forests, eyes perpetually drawn towards the southern shores. As she looked around, the paragon's acute sense of eyesight landed on something near the beaches. The swamps were just off to the west enough to not hinder Mor'val's gaze. Her head slowly tilted to the side, eyes squinting to narrow, vibrant slits as something far off caught her attention...

Was something along the shores giving off a teal glow?

At first, she shook her head. There were plenty of bright things that could have been caught in the waning sunlight. But, even as she lowered her head for a few hours of rest? She couldn't help but feel like she needed to be at that light.

So her rest was fitful, restless. She could not get comfortable, and any time she opened her eyes, she looked straight to that glow. ... It had moved. Not closer, not father, but almost pacing. It was waiting for her. It knew.

And that fact made her wonder if she should even be here.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 07/20/2017 6:26 PM

Hours passed, both flying past Leksa faster than he could turn his head and look back at anything he'd done while waiting, as well as so slowly he could almost see what he had yet to do, see the wilting of the flowers off the coast as the sunlight bled out of view. It was frustrating. Where was his company? Why had it stopped approaching? He had almost been able to see it up in the sky, far off over Tengel. But now? He could only feel it, so close and yet so infuriatingly far. His feet dragged him along the shoreline as he paced, eyes never leaving the direction where the feeling came from.

And it was a different feeling from the constant tingle and itching in his forehead. Where his came with the sensation that his skin around the mark was rotting, this feeling, that attached to his forehead and gently tugged, was that of like ants chewing their way just beneath the surface of the skin. He wanted to feel that in full, to be satisfied at last at being burned away from the inside. Leksa wanted that mark that felt so disgustingly wonderful.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 07/20/2017 6:47 PM

The next day came around, much more slowly than Mor'val had hoped it would. She cracked open an eye-- and instantly, her attention was drawn towards that glow. Even in the fresh morning sunlight, that teal light seemed to gently tear through from the distant coast. It had waited all night, and was waiting for her still.

Which, somehow, frightened her.

The paragon rose to her feet, stretching out and readying herself for a moment before taking to the skies. In the direct opposite way that she had intended to go. Away from the light. Away from whatever was over there, waiting for her to arrive. Her lack of common sense finally broke apart, and she was left with nothing but her instincts screaming for her to get away, as far away from that thing as possible. And she was, now, more than thrilled to oblige.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 07/20/2017 6:56 PM

Leksa tipped his head up as the sun rose back into the sky... along with his quarry. What was it doing? No, no! It was supposed to come to him, not flee! The shores had told him to wait, and wait he did, and this was what he got in return? NO! He refused to accept this as his reward for such patience. He was only patient when he pretended to be normal, pretended that he wasn't blessed with the power of truth. The power of All and Nothing.

No, he would get what he'd waited for. He would get that sigil this other creature was carrying.

Standing, he braced himself against his broken glaive. "M--..." He squinted to get a better look at the creature flying away in the sky. He had to focus, he had to look at nothing but that which he wanted to affect. Finally, he got a good view of the fleeing paragon, and uttered words in a tongue he both understood clear as glass as well as felt like he'd never heard before in his life. "Mi hra'a la'e natal."

His forehead tingled, then let forth a shudder of static electricity that brought Leksa down to his knees. He both cried out and laughed madly at the pain spearing through his head.

Language: fictional, based off of Lapine from Watership Down.
Translation: Your fleeing is nonexistent.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 07/20/2017 7:37 PM

Suddenly, Mor'val felt for a split moment, that she wasn't real. Her existence was being pulled apart then weaved back together, burning and itching as if endless insects were crawling under her skin though her muscles, veins, organs, and bones.She gagged, choking on insects that existed just as much as she did at that second. Which... no she didn't, she realised. For an instance in time, her existence was no more than a ball of clay that someone else was moulding.

And then she was real again. And standing in front of someone along the Freighlei coast. Right where she did not want to be, in any way, shape, or form.

They were small in height, most of their form shrouded by tattered clothes and old leather armour and chains. A broken glaive was being twirled in their hands behind their back, and they hummed a chipper little tune just barely off key. The teal glow that emanated from this person flushed back into a strange rune on their dark but greyed face, and it took every fibre of Mor'val's being to not look at it directly. She didn't want to know what it was, or what it could do.

"You..." She drew her own spear after shifting into her humanoid form, brandishing it. Her face twisted into an awful snarl, mandible limbs clicking threateningly. "What did you do to me, fiend??"

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 07/20/2017 8:19 PM

"Aww, 'fiend', now that just isn't a nice thing to say," Leksa chimed, pouting his lower lip out in a faux hurt expression. The paragon stood in place as he paced around her, glaive now being twirled at his side. He loved it when his prey let him stalk them from up so close. It was funny.

For a little bit, he hummed a small tune he'd picked up from some children in a town not too far away. "But, what's it matter how I got you here?" He raised his hands and glaive up in a welcoming gesture. "You're here now! And that's one of only two things I can ask for." His metal canines were bared in an awful grin, and he snickered. The sound was similar to a hyena's laugh, and it meant just about the same thing: do not cross me.

"Now, for the second thing I can ask for--" Leksa cut off his words with a swipe of his glaive, pointing the jagged end in the paragon's direction. While his mouth remained in a wide grin, his brows were drawn down and his eyes glistened in a threatening scowl. "You have something that belongs to my masters. And it would be a shame if they didn't get it back, they miss it so." That foreboding look on his face only got worse. "And so do I."

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 07/20/2017 8:41 PM

There was something... off, about this person. Mor'val couldn't identify what was causing it, but he seemed outside of himself, like something else were pulling the reigns or leading him about. His gaze was never fully focused, and despite the wide grin on his face, it felt empty and despondent. Far away. But she couldn't put a claw on what was making this young person as distant from reality as he clearly was.

But either way, a weapon pointed at her was a weapon pointed at her, and she would respond to threats in kind. "Put that glaive down and we can discuss what it is I have that you want so desperately. There is no need for bloodshed." And yet she could already tell there probably was going to be.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 07/20/2017 8:59 PM

Let them come to us. Wait. Let them come. They are drawn to us.

Leksa's expression softened, and it fell away into a distant, sombre frown. Complying with the shores whispering throughout his thoughts, he inclined his head down in a single nod to the paragon. "Alright, let's talk this through like civilised people, hmnn?" He lilted his head to the side, looking her up and down.

She looked strong, agile, and smart. Traits the shores loved to drag under their waters. Of which, now that he was listening, were whispering to him yet again. Let them come to us. Let them come to us. Wait. They will submit on their own. They always do. Much like, perhaps, himself? He couldn't help but giggle at that fact. This paragon was going to be like him very soon. She would belong to All and Nothing.

Kneeling down, Leksa kept his head tipped back to stare up at her. He leaned forward, taking in a deep inhale through his nostrils. "You have one," he breathed, eyes fluttering open and peering back up at her. "A stone. The stone. I need it. And I will have it." He flashed his teeth in another smile. "That civilised enough?"

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 07/20/2017 9:10 PM

Mor'val leaned back away from the man as he knelt down and sniffed her. This was not natural. He was not natural. Whether that was because of his supposed ailment, or just him, she wanted nothing to do with this being. She could tell he was human, at least once upon a time. But now, young he may have looked, he felt like both a child and an ancient entity stuck within the same adult.

"I may have something made of stone," she responded carefully, taking a step back. "I have several pieces of jewellery and protective stones. You'll have to be specific, child."

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 07/20/2017 10:48 PM

Any fake semblance of patience Leksa had managed to uphold to this point shattered away, and his face went completely blank as he screamed, "THE PENDANT! YOU HAVE THE PENDANT OF MY MASTERS!" The air around him crackled with static electricity.

But, he reeled himself back in, refraining from reaching out with his mind to take control of the paragon's immune system. She would comply on her own. They always did, they always did. Slowly, he inhaled to ground himself, eyes blinking back open as he put on another smile. "The violet pendant, if you'd be a real charm., he murmured. The gentleness in his voice was as soft as a knife pressed to the throat.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 07/20/2017 11:20 PM

Mor'val shuddered as her very surroundings began to shift and crackle, her hair and feathers bristling against the uncomfortable static drowning out the air around her and the stranger. It filled her mind, and she found her eyes wandering towards the mark on his forehead. It consisted of a line that halfway formed a tear, with prongs that attached a shorter line above it, and a free-standing checked line within the main curve, and three little tick marks at the very bottom.

And gods, it was the worst thing she'd ever looked at in a long time.

Upon so much as glancing to it, her mind was thrown to a lightless shore, and yet she could still see the outline of creatures wading in the waters. They all turned their heads, eyes reflected by light that doesn't exist.

That was enough for her to snap out of the vision. Gasping, Mor'val looked down at the kneeling man. Hesitantly, she nodded her head. "Very well. You shall have it."

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 07/27/2017 3:10 PM

Leksa's mouth split wide open, lips scraping hard against his metal teeth before peeling back away from them in full. A small breath, then a giggle, escaped him. "That's better," he sighed, holding a hand out towards the Paragon in anticipation. Under his fingernails, pinpricks of frost began to creep out and encase his fingertips. It was so hard to control himself when he was this excited. And it had been so, so long, since he was ever this excited about something; today truly was a treat, wasn't it?

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 07/27/2017 10:53 PM

Slowly, Mor'val inclined her head downward to the maddened boy. "My apologies," she breathed, reaching a hand to procure the pendant in question, "for my in-cooperation."

The paragon began to extend her hand, offering the pendant out to Leksa. But then her wings spread out and batted as hard as they had ever in their life, and she took to the skies. Whatever this man wanted the pendant for, it was better if she dealt with the consequences rather than give it up freely. She had handled reprimandation before, she could do it again.

Tucking the pendant back into its hiding spot, she shifted into her draconic form to quicken her flight. She had to get this thing as far, far away from that boy as possible.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer