While the waters close to the shore are tropical, Freighlei grows colder the further south you go. Very few areas are covered in ice, travelers are advised to watch out for icebergs. Because of the temperatures, the water is surprisingly clear! (+2 stat of choice)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Freighlei Ocean

How It Started... (Self, M:LV)

Postby Saahs » 04/01/2019 2:11 AM

The spaceship was on its way to a safe landing area. Another few hours and Jarf would be somewhere far away from war. Galaxies between him and all the nonsense with the Dominion and Exiles. He wouldn't miss a single person on either side-- after all, he was already in the company of the only people that mattered to him: soldiers, of both red and blue uniforms, gathered in a stolen ship to flee a war that no longer made any sense to them.

The only people in the entire galaxy which they had just left that could agree with one another on at least one thing. War was stupid. It was tiring. And it did none of them any good. A temporary fix to a permanent human flaw.
when that light goes out this eve,
some will run, and some will grieve.

if you have a reason, or if you believe,
in darkness we trust.

the whores and gentlemen, they lead,
trails of insecurities.

i am not a watchman, i do as i please.

in darkness i trust.

About/Journal | Zoo Pen | Documents | Wishlist
Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1122
Donate

Re: How It Started... (Self, M:LV)

Postby Saahs » 04/01/2019 2:14 AM

Across from Jarf sat a human woman. Or, more specifically, a Cassian woman. For some reason the distinction had always been important between the split human factions. Perhaps now, though, that didn't matter. For the most part, at least. There were some Cassians that were too Cassian to be called anything else.

Hanrael was not one of those people. She was stern, certainly, but lacked the superiority complex that came with the Cassian package. She kept her hair cut in a dark brown bob, bangs barely grazing below the brows resting over her ice blue eyes. The armour she wore was still the colours of the Dominion-- crimson, black, and gold-- but she carried an Exile rifle someone had kindly offered to her when she lost her own.

Peering across the way, she and Jarf made eye contact. A silent conversation between two silent individuals. They weren't safe and sound yet, but they were closer to peace than they'd ever been in their entire lives.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 04/01/2019 2:32 AM

No one said a word aloud, each person sharing a conversation with another through looks alone. No one wanted to break the peace and quiet they were finally experiencing. And who could blame them? Two weeks ago and they were melting each other's chests open, ripping face off with their bare teeth, hacking people in twain. Screaming. Howling. Crying. The silence was a blessing that none of them dared take away from each other.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Saahs » 04/01/2019 2:35 AM

And then a voice blared over the intercom. "ALERT: INCOMING THREAT! I REPEAT, INCOMING THREAT! PREPARE FOR ENCOUNTER!"

Heads snapped up and voices rose in already panicking murmurs. Jarf looked around, then back to Hanrael with wide, violent eyes. Had they been followed all the way out here? Was it the Empire? The Exiles? No, the Exiles didn't have the manpower to follow after a ship galaxies away from their main priority.

Then again, would the Empire make such an effort?

The ship rumbled as something collided with it. They were about to find out.

in darkness we trust.

trails of insecurities.

in darkness i trust.

Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer