A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Neverending sickness. (Moonling hunt)

Postby Kyrit » 11/05/2007 11:46 PM

(Other then myself and Random Event 2((if they happen to come)) I would like for only one other person to join me. I don't like being crowded.)

He shouldn't have agreed to bring the vixen out here. She was always weak these days ever since she had freed him from Basantha. Not to meantion that his very being there would probably run off any Moonling that came near. He was a rather large beast... but these little creatures were supposedly known for attacking just about anyone. "Are you alright back there?" his words called back to the demonic woman on his back, hearing her coughing.

Destiny gave a very small nod and spoke out, "Yeah.. Just a little tired..." Her body never grew now, meaning that it also didn't make more blood cells. Even tiny cuts that she received had to be bandaged quickly, for her body just couldn't heal itself. She recieved blood transplants often, and had to get someone to heal her wounds so they didn't get worse. "I just want to get a Moonling for Draiz... I've got you, but now that she's fighting with Idzuna she doesn't really have anyone. Not to meantion she's dreamed of getting a Moonling for a while now...."
(1-Will add to post count later)
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Postby Mojave » 11/06/2007 8:50 PM

Image Image
Mystiquotl & Yivki

The two raptors had been traversing the humid and dense underbrush for several days. They had felt some kind of connection at first meeting, but at the time, Mys had not been in any condition to socialize- he'd been at work at the Nox Cafe. Yivki had spent all her time since arriving at the manor reading and relaxing instead of competing for food, work, and space to breathe. However, they both felt at home in such conditions, and while their mistress and some of the family were busy with the war, they had decided to come home together.

"I hear something." The smaller female stated, her head swivelling about to try and pin point the location of the noise.
"I too. Coughing from the sounds." The male hummed. His robotic eye glowed in the semi-darkness, and the shiny metal that had replaced most of his body gleamed as well.
"You should hide." she looked up at him, concern in her facials.
"How?" he inquired, minimally sarcastic.

She looked away and left him standing there to get closer. Her natural green coloration helped her blend in perfectly, and she was able to get quite close. She inspected the pair for some time, trying to get and idea of exactly who and what they were. She was quite shocked to find it was a Hunter in Tengel.

M: 1
Y: 1
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 11/06/2007 10:30 PM

Rak'kal made nothing of the scent of gyrraptors, knowing that they were a common species to be found out in the rainforests of Tengel. It seemed as though they were one of the few beings that could thrive rather well there. Of course.. that was because they were built for this type of invironment, no?

Still... the feeling of being watched wasn't exactly the sapphire hunter's favorite feeling. "[i]I have an uneasy feeling... as though there are eyes praying upon us...[i]"

"Oh don't be a baby. What's going to attack a Hunter?" Destiny spoke, giving a soft smile. She spoke the truth. What in it's right mind besides something huge like a battleheart would try to attack them?
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 11/06/2007 10:39 PM

The mossdog female retreated back to Mystiquotl. "They seem lost."

"Should we help?" the larger male inquired. He tilted his head to the side, considering the options and possibilities.
"Are you able?" She countered. She knew that Mystiquotl's technology could go screwy any time. And she wasn't about to put him in danger- or let him put himself in danger.
"Maybe." he replied casually. He hated being handicapped, but it wouldn't stop him from trying to be a normal gyrraptor.
"Then let's go." She turned back toward the hunter and human, and together, Yivki and Mystiquotl stepped from the shadows.

It was at that moment that Mys malfunctioned. His robotic eye flashed brightly, and then went dark. He froze, one leg lifted midstep. As his body began to topple from his odd position, he came back to life. His eye flashed twice and then glowed red again, and he caught himself before he could crash to the ground. He shook his head, his robotic tail swaying dangerously behind him in his frustration.

Both male and female turned to look at the couple before them wordlessly. They both knew that this wasn't a good start to meeting people.

M: 2
Y: 2
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 11/07/2007 12:39 AM

The vixen's eyes widened at the sight of the two creatures. Yeah, there were Gyrraptor back home, but most of them stayed away from her. Not to meantion there had never been one like Mys. "H-Hello there." she stammered out, looking down toward the two of them.

Why did she sound nervous? Hadn't she just been bragging that nothing would wish to attack him? Besides, these things, although raptors, were feathered and reminded him of birds. What harm could be done. "Well I suppose we now know who had been watching us..." the hunter's voice spilled out.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 11/07/2007 11:24 AM

"Apologies." Mys chirpped in a friendly manner, dipping his head in greeting. "Hunters are a stranger here. We were curious."
Yivki bobbed her head in agreement, but soon turned her head to the side to get a better view of Destiny. "She is sick." She whispered to Mys.

Both raptors turned to look at the girl aprehensively. "Contagious?" Mys asked, worried that she might be dangerous.

M: 3
Y: 3
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 11/09/2007 12:28 AM

The vixen's ears gave a very small twitch and she let out a small chuckle. "No need to worry. My illness can not be caught, for it is just the price paid to save the life of another." Even though she felt horrible she smiled.

"I can understand you two being curious. Unlike me, many of my pridemates have been rather unlucky. They have not found one who will save them from the darkness." He could remember the green hunter that hadn't found a home, even though so many spoke to it. Such a sad tale...
(4)
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 11/09/2007 9:53 AM

((Nobody rescued the green one?!! *swears profoundly* I wanted him but gave up cuz he seemed to like someone else better.  TT.TT))

Both raptors relaxed and edged closer. "We meant no offense." Yivki explained, "Mys has enough problems without getting ill besides." Mys ducked his head in embarrassment and looked away from the others. As his tail swayed, a small creaking in the metal could be heard, and his metallic claw clacked on the ground nervously.

She watched the male's downcast reaction, and nudged him encouragingly before turning back to the others. "I am Yivki. This is Mystiquotl."

M: 4
Y: 4
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 11/10/2007 12:25 PM

(I know. It makes me so sad)

"No offense taken." Destiny said, trying to slide down to the ground without getting a cut. This cause a bit of chatter between her and the Hunter, for he seemed to say that he would be rather angry if she got hurt again.

Rak'kal looked over at the two Gyrraptors again and smiled. "Sorry. Pardon us... My name is Rak'kal and this lovely lady is Destiny."
(5)
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 11/10/2007 9:20 PM

Both raptors bobbed their heads in greeting, Mys clacking his claws in excitement. "It is nice to meet you. I am curious though, what has brought you here?"

Yivki nodded, and added, "Yes. Maybe we could help. We have nothing better to do at the moment so it would not disturb us at all."

They both seemed so excited to have something to do, it could make anyone wonder why the two gyrraptors had come at all.

M: 5
Y: 5
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 11/11/2007 8:55 PM

"A moonling." Her answer was short and simple. They were hunting for a moonling, and this was the one place to find them.

"To be more clear then her... We are searching for a Moonling, for the other lady of the house would like to have one by her side. No clue why. Such nasty little things." Rak'kal spoke up to make things a bit easier to understand.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 11/11/2007 8:59 PM

Mys shook his head in disbelief. "Yes. That they are. Why our mistress has one is a mystery to me."

Yivki, on the other hand shivvered and snarled in hatred. "Such creatures should stay in bogs and out of my beloved forest. The day they arrived was a sad day for Mossdogs indeed."

M: 6
Y: 6
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 11/17/2007 7:29 PM

Destiny shook her head. "No. It wasn't Draiz... surprisingly it was Idzuna who asked me."

Within an instant it was clear that Rak'kal didn't like Ida, for he grimaced. "Such a roughian... I highly doubt he wants to do any good with a Moonling at his side..." In truth Idzuna just wanted them out of his way. He knew they could never find the one moonling he was after. If Oimohe wanted to see Idzuna he'd come to him. If he didn't want to be found he wouldn't.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 11/20/2007 10:49 AM

Both Mys and Yivki wondered what sort of person this Idzuna was. At Rak'kal's reaction, they were sure he was no good.

Mys shook his head as his eye once again began to flash, "Maybe we should switch topics? This one seems to be a rather unfriendly one."
Yivki nodded her head. "Would you like some help searching for this moonling, then? We mossdogs are quite adept at handling them usually."

Next to her, Mys lashed out with his tail and broke a small tree in half. When his head turned back to them, the robotic eye was flashing rapidly and a screech rent the air around them. However, Yivki only turned to face him and clouted him roughly about the head with her own tail. Mys fell to the ground, groaning as he came round. "Sorry, dear." She nuzzled him tenderly as he stood up. Mys shook his head and nudged her back. "It's okay. Thank you."

Again, they turned back to their company, unsure of what to do. "This happens quite frequently." Was all that Mys said. He would leave it up to them weather or not they wanted him and Yivki to join them.

M: 7
Y: 7
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 11/22/2007 5:04 PM

Destiny blinked, quite confused by the rather odd sight before her and her companion. The vixen looked to the hunter, and once she aquired a nod from him, turned back to the others. "Company is always welcomed. Rather hard to find anything in these woods for me."

Rak'kal bowed his head slightly and spoke out, "We are greatful that the two of you would offer such help." The hunter always seemed so proper, so regal.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Next