The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

What were you thinking?!(Closed)

Postby Kyrit » 12/15/2007 3:35 PM

(Okay.. so this is a really, really old roleplay. I'm transferring it over from the old forums for the same sake that Kodai brought Return of a Monster over. This was the begining of my travels with Ida, so I want to keep it around as ref. No posting!!! This has ended.)

Menmou stood up, making a face of pure disgust. His red, white, and blue fur was covered in mud and who knows what else was laying about in the back allies. He shook himself off, getting as much of the gunk off as he could. What had he been thinking, running off like that? He had just been a bit upset when he heard of Shotou's breeding with Kismet.

Draiz scrunched her face, now hating the face that she just wore bounding cloth around her legs instead of shoes, but then again what kind of shoes would fit on a fox humanoid? Mud and trash were covering her soft black pelt, much like it was doing to Menmou. "Why would anyone want to come here of all places..?" she muttered, looking down at him. "I know it's a good place to find things.. But this is nasty..."

The Kuhna looked down at the ground, as if he was quite ashamed that he had caused his owner such trouble of coming after him. Still, maybe they could turn this trip into something.
(1)
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/15/2007 3:36 PM

Ida followed not far behind his master, shuddering as he felt the grime and muck slosh around his paws, even getting inbetween his toes. He had tagged along with Draiz as her protector, just incase some stray evelonian or someone wishing to mug her tried to attack. 'I'm going to have to spend weeks on my pelt after this...' he thought to himself, waiting for the other two and staying right outside the alley.
(1)
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/15/2007 3:39 PM

Draiz picked the feline up, holding him in a vest that she had taken off of herself. She looked back at the temple fellox and said, "I guess we can spend some time checking this place out. Sometimes great things can be found in the worst places." She began to walk once again, her tail and ears drooping in the pure though of how hard it would be to get the mud out of her fur.

Menmou nuzzled up against his loving owner, happy that she was carrying him instead of forcing him to walk through the mud. He still felt bad for causing her to come out here after him, but it was good for her to get out of the house. The common kuhna looked out at the semi busy streets as he enjoyed being carried in the vest of fur.

Idzuna followed as his master's heels as she traveled deeper into the alley. His tails flicked back and forth as his eyes darted about. His plush ears twitched atop his head, listening for the noise of anything that could possibly harm them.
(2)
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/15/2007 3:39 PM

There was something about the damp, confined alley that Ida didn't like as he walked with his head drawn down low, the fur on his back bristling. Were it not for his eyes being naturally adjusted to the dark he wouldn't have even let Draiz travel deeper into it. As his master ended up stepping on a rat, screaming and jumping back, the temple fellox rushed forward, his fangs crashing down on the poor creature's spine. Being on edge already, he would attack anything that spooked her.

The vulpine didn't release his hold on the rat's limp body until he knew for sure that it was dead and was sure that Draiz had calmed down. Blood ran down his black pelt as he tossed the rodent out of the way. Hopefully she'd learn to watch where she was going so small mistakes like this wouldn't be made again.

Menmou's fur frizzed up as the fox humanoid's scream rang through the air, turning him into little more then a ball of red, white, and blue fluff. His claws dug into the plush vest, better it then her arms. Now, even after Draiz had calmed down, he could feel his heart racing so fast that it felt as though it wished to jump out of his chest. The small feline tried to calm himself, his fur slowly going back down.

Draiz leaned against the wall of the alley, resting one of her hands on her beating heart. "I'm sorry guys... I guess we're all a bit jumpy..." It had just been a small rat. What was her problem? Back home Keba was always bringing home dead ones as trophies to show her how well she could hunt. After a few moments she pushed herself off the wall and continued walking.
(3)
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/15/2007 3:41 PM

Thunder_Blade wrote:A Venom Carpetfang slid on the damp, muddy ground. She didn't care if she got all dirty. She was used to it. Her section in her pen was basically a sewer. Toxica was just out for a little "stroll"...and she heard a scream. She lifted her head slightly and scanned the area. Where did that scream come from? She could sense heat, faint heat. Her senses were so sharp that she could feel it from miles away...but where was it?

Feeling for the warmth, Toxica went along, searching for whatever it could be...
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/15/2007 3:42 PM

Idzuna's fur began to bristle, sensing an approaching presence. He couldn't quite tell what it was quite yet, but he knew something was on it's way, and it wasn't exactly as small as his furred friend being held by his owner. He moved closer to Draiz, his gleaming orbs looking about for anything.

Menmou began to squirm in the fox humanoid's arms, knowing how uneased the temple fellox was. Draiz held onto him tighter, knowing that he'd run at the first sign of danger. Why did he have the habit of running from everything?
(4)
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/15/2007 3:43 PM

Thunder_Blade wrote:Toxica sensed fear and uneasiness in the air. As she slithered, she could feel even more warmth. Perhaps it wasn't only on living thing, but more. Soon, she could even feel vibrations, like footsteps. She was definitely getting nearer. Toxica pressed as low to the ground as possible and peered through some plants, he color concealing her.

She saw a Temple Fellox, and a Kuhna. With them was a fox-human, maybe their caretaker. She grinned, showing pointy fangs. She was allowed to run about all she wanted, only if she swore to return to her pen after a while...she hissed softly, her version of a laugh.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/15/2007 3:44 PM

Ida's ears twitched, listening to the rattling of the hissing. He looked over toward the plants and crouched down, his fur bristling. He let out a rumbling growl. 'come out from there right now beast... What is your reason for being here?' The fellox's tails moved two and fro, his knees tightly locked and his fangs bared.

Menmou heard the hissing and cowered back into the vest, hiding his crystal blue eyes within the soft pelt. Draiz wrapped it all the way around him as her eyes traveled over toward the plants as well. She took pride in being able to understand her pets, especially her group of fellox, because of her body being more animal like then human.
(5)
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/15/2007 3:44 PM

Thunder_Blade wrote:Looks like I've been found, thought Toxica. There's no point in hiding, then... "My reassson?" she laugh-hissed. "I'm just out for a walk..." She pushed her green maned head out so it was visible. "My name is Toxica...a Carpetfang, as you can sssee..." She examined the Fellox. "I won't hurt you...unlesss you get on my nerves..." Her eyes twinkled. "Anywaysss, who are you?"
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/15/2007 3:45 PM

Idzuna calmed down slightly, his fur going back down and his posture not so locked up. At least it wasn't someone that was going to try to mug them or something of the like. "I am Idzuna, my owners temple fellox. Behind me is my owner, Draiz, and wrapped up in the vest is the furball of a kuhna named Menmou." Even though he was more relaxed his eyes never left the carpetfang.

Menmou was listening from within his shelter of the fur. He turned about and slowly poked his head out, looking down at the reptile. He gave a small shudder. Oh how he hated such large creatures. They could easily eat him within one bite if they wished.

Draiz examined the being, still standing behind Ida. She herself owned a few carpet fangs, but they tended to stay away from everyone else.
(6)
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/15/2007 3:49 PM

Thunder_Blade wrote:Toxica glanced at Menmou. The litle kuhna seemed very frightened. "Don't worry..." she hissed softly. "I'm not going to eat you. Besides, I've heard kuhnas tassste awful..." She got a little further out of the plants. "Nice to meet you, Menmou, Draiz, Idzuna...What are you three doing in the Slumssss? I know few would really consssider going here..."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/15/2007 3:50 PM

It didn't matter what Toxica said to the young kuhna. Just even hearing her voice made him shudder, thus he buried himself into the vest once again. Draiz patted his back and looked over at the carpetfang. "Don't mind him. He's a bit of a baby when it comes to anything that's bigger then himself."

Ida gave a nod. "He's the reason that we are here. Draiz ran after him when he ran off from home. I can't let her walk these streets alone with that coward since someone might try to hurt her." The fellox was rather protective of his owner. He hadn't been with her long, but she showed him kindness when no other would.
(7)
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/15/2007 3:53 PM

Thunder_Blade wrote:"I can sssee that..." Toxica looked around. "Well then, I think I ought to be going right now. My owner expects me back sssoon. Perhapsss we shall meet again sssomeday...You never know when I might turn up." Toxica smiled at them, and retreated back into the plants without another word. Her first opinion of them was that they were a troubled group, but now she knew that they had quite a few strong points...
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/15/2007 3:54 PM

Menmou heard that she was leaving and relaxed a bit. His fears were pulled back up when Draiz called out, "Feel free to visit us any time you wish to back at An'unteimei plains. There are even a few carpetfang there if you wish to talk with a few of your own kind." The fox humanoid gave a soft smile. It seemed as though not only bad came from visiting the slums. Who knew, maybe they'd meet a few other agreeable beings.

Idzuna didn't mind seeing the reptile leave. Sure, she seemed nice and all, but just being in this place made him feel as though he shouldn't trust anyone, even if they didn't give them trouble. "Perhaps we shall meet again some day... and in a better place then this." He replied, watching her go.
( 8 )
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/15/2007 4:00 PM

Now with the venom carpetfang gone Ida looked up at his owner and said, "Come on... We must get going again. I don't like this place one bit." Placing one paw infront of the other the male fellox began walking again, his ears tentively listening for any noise. "She didn't seem too bad... but I have a feeling much worse will soon come..."

Menmou gave a small nod and finally spoke up. "Yeah... If we don't hurry there's no telling what foul creatures lurk around here." His voice sounded like that of a child's. He stuck his head out of the vest and looked around, happy to see that Toxica was no where in his sight.

Draiz gave a nod and began walking again. "Don't worry... We'll make it back home safely." The only thing that she didn't know was that lurking in the shadows ontop of a building a figure looked down upon them, watching intenetly.
(9)
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Next