The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

You Got A Friend In Me [P, M?]

Postby Saahs » 11/16/2014 12:25 AM

The evening light illuminating the tops of the caving ceilings and uneven ground gave the slums a strange sense of beauty. It was by no means enough to cover the fact that this mud was possibly a mixture of dung and a cannibal's pie filling, of course. Perhaps a more fitting term would be, easier on one's eyes. Not for Vinser. His emerald eye squinted in protest to the bright light, wings tucked against his back and tail twitching with annoyance.

This was a man of average height and a lithe build, skin a healthy tone of sepia. The surface of his skin, however, bore marks that resembled cracking ice, the edges of the "cracks" glowing with a faint yellow-green. Shoulder-length midnight-blue hair was pulled back in a tight ponytail, and two obsidian noserings were settled in his right nostril. His attire wasn't his everyday ilk, not as well made, easier to replace, but not shabby. Hands slipped into his slack pockets, where he could feel thin blades hidden in the fabric for him to swiftly grab, and flat throwing blades pressed snug to his torso between a black vest and brown button-down shirt. The biggest difference were the dark leather boot, more fitting for muddy roads. And chasing prey. While he had a posture of a calm, perhaps even agreeable man, the chill of evil ran up the spine of most whom he passed by, leaving behind a scent that at first was enticing, until one realised it reminded them of death.

Vinser wasn't fond of visiting the slums, if only because of the smell and the number of thugs he countlessly had to teach a lesson. Someone, however, had been following him. Not closely, but he'd noticed their presence a number of times the past few days. If they wished to close the space between themselves and Vinser, bodies were easier disposed of here rather than a well-off city. Plenty of vagabonds he could pin the evidence to. But, hopefully, neither he nor his secret admirer would resort to bloodshed. Given his occupation, sadly, the chances were slim.
when that light goes out this eve,
some will run, and some will grieve.

if you have a reason, or if you believe,
in darkness we trust.

the whores and gentlemen, they lead,
trails of insecurities.

i am not a watchman, i do as i please.

in darkness i trust.

About/Journal | Zoo Pen | Documents | Wishlist
Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1122
Donate

Re: You Got A Friend In Me [P, M?]

Postby FrostyRae » 11/16/2014 5:19 AM

The Slums were a peculiar place for the Deimos as it served a dual purpose. It made their hideout oblivious to the average citizen and jobs easier to slip past the authorities. The lesser known purpose was that the location also gave the leader an opportunity to get closer to their customers or recruits without appearing too posh. After all, the Deimos had a reputation to hold up against their competition, the Amaterasu.

Today the focus was on a possible recruit that the Deimos leader found intriguing. He had kept track of them for the last few days, but now was the perfect time to see how they really were. From a dank alley, a man slowly came out covered in dampened cloth and looked around, shivering for a moment. The distinct slosh of water and tap of footsteps rushed into his ears and he smiled slowly. Perhaps it was time to present himself to the unknown company.

"Greetings, young man. I hope you wouldn't mind helping a man find his way around. Or perhaps you're here on other business?" The words slipped off his tongue with an eloquent tone to them, revealing this man wasn't quite as helpless as he portrayed himself to be.
FrostyRae
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Re: You Got A Friend In Me [P, M?]

Postby Saahs » 11/16/2014 9:51 PM

Vinser halted before the stranger had even stepped out of the alleyway. One look over the man, he could pick up a few things: first, that the man was blind. And second, that it didn't hinder him near as much as he performed it to. This was the one. The person who had been behind all the stalkers. The revived man retained his calm demeanour, his expression ever static.

His eyes never peeled from the other man, vibrant green against pale silvery blue. The sightless man's word only solidified Vinser's suspicions that he had ulterior motives. Be that of ill intent or otherwise, he was going to find out.
"Anyone who comes through here is on other business," was the response, his voice simultaneously smooth and akin to crumbling ice. "What is it you're looking for, nonetheless? I could perhaps be of help." While the offer itself, should the man truly mean no harm, was genuine, the underlying threat was tangible if one only sought for it.
when that light goes out this eve,
some will run, and some will grieve.

if you have a reason, or if you believe,
in darkness we trust.

the whores and gentlemen, they lead,
trails of insecurities.

i am not a watchman, i do as i please.

in darkness i trust.

About/Journal | Zoo Pen | Documents | Wishlist
Saahs
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer