The slums are a rundown, old heap of a town tucked deep in the jungles, with townsfolk consisting mostly of poachers, black marketeers, thieves, and fugitives. While the ideal tourist spot, some travel to the Slums to make use of the black markets. (+2 Defense, +2 Speed)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to The Slums

The dead, the queen, and the Paitent {Private/Pg-13}

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 11/01/2008 12:45 PM

"Wow...  This place is slimy, Spellcree," said the Dreamsnare HollowHeart, as she touched the goo with her tail.  "Well, at least we're trying to do something to past the time, Niore," said Spellcree with her dark aura of the chaos glowing as she meditated in the air.  Her eyeswent from red to white and a ghost came out.  A Harpie to be exact.  "What the hell are you doing Cree?" asked the confused and serious Niore.  "Shh.  Just wait, she's about to speak," said Spellcree, but the Harpie dissapeared.  Spellcree's eyes returned to normal and she looked at Niore.  "Damn you!  I was so close to talking to the dead!"  Spell cree charged at Niore and the two girls started a cat-fight.

{1}{1}
Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 220
Donate

Postby Feint » 11/01/2008 1:03 PM

Ilektriki sauntered down the alley of his beloved Slums. He'd been clear cross the world to earn the right from his Master to stay here, live here. It had taken years, and to him it was about time. He meandered onto a main street to find someone had plugged the sewer, coating the gravel with goo. "Oh, gross." Everywhere he stepped his huge talons landed in a huge puddle of unknown substance. Cursing under his breath, he comforted himself by promising he would wash his feet for hours when he got to his new apartment. Ilektriki rounded a corner and came almost face-to-face with a quarrelling Hollowheart and Tali. He jumped in suprise. "Sorry!"

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1254
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 11/01/2008 1:32 PM

Niore and Spellcree stopped fighting to see the Garudor.  They let go of each other and laughed a little.  "It's alright.  We weren't fighting, right?" said Spellcree.  "Right," said Niore.  They giggled and glared at one another.  "Anyways," said Niore.  What's your name?" asked Niore.
{2}{2}
Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 11/01/2008 2:07 PM

Ilektriki shifted nervously. "I don't like giving my name away like candy, you could be tracked across both worlds by a name, you know," he warned. He glanced over his shoulder and gave them his given name anyway. "What brings you two out here? Gambling, the arena. . . ?" he inquired. "I live here, so I'm just curious," he added quickly.

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 11/01/2008 2:19 PM

Niore and Spellcree told their names and then looked confused at that question.  "We aren't here to gamble," said Noire.  "Or the arena," said Spellcree.  "We're here for a certin item," they both said okwardly.  "I'm here for dead calling," said Spellcree.  But Niore hit Spellcree on the head after that.
{3}{3}
The heart wants what the Heart GRIEVES FOR
And that's the TRUTH
Though it may hurt, I give what they DESIRE
What they Desire is my own IMITATION
The reality is, my mind thinks FICTION

Musa-The Storytelling Likuta

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 11/01/2008 2:26 PM

Ilektriki chuckled at their antics. "What would you be looking for? May I assist you in finding it?" he asked politely, but only politely. He pulled a loose feather from an enormous wing and let it drift to the sludge-covered street. It sank. "Should we walk to a street that's less. . . dirty?" Ilektriki asked, watching the feather in disgust. A large bubble replaced the sunken feather and popped. He gagged.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 11/01/2008 2:38 PM

Spellcree and Niore gagged at the swamp road.  "That probably might be a good idea, "said Spellcree.  Niore nodded in agreement and flapped upwards.  Spellcree levitated off of the gunk.  "You can lead the way, Ilektriki," said Spellcree.  
{4}{4}
And that's the TRUTH

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 11/01/2008 5:26 PM

ooc-- whew! back online! X_x

"Sure, there's a small shop five alleys over with some illegal trade. You might find that object you were looking for," Ilektriki said. He had an odd gait, a sort of swagger that found him in trouble by people who didn't understand his walk. He swaggered down the swampy street and into an alley adjacent to it where the sludge hadn't traveled. He walked the way he did because his talons were too long and needed trimming. He would fly, but his large, heavy wings were never meant to fly so low to the ground. So he walked. "Here we are," he announced at the front of what appeared to be a tiny pub. The door was left open, revealing the inside to be rather spacious, in fact, it took a whole block. Ilektriki motioned for the two to go ahead in.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 11/01/2008 5:40 PM

Spellcree and Fiore looked at the shop in strangeness.  "Do you think the Saphire's here?" whispered Niore.  "Don't know.  But we migght as well look and see," said Spellcree and went in.  Fiore sighed and went in along with her.  Fiore saw a gem the size of a hand and looked at it.  Spellcree looked at the pottery to check.  "Do you think it's at somewhere else?" asked Spellcree.  "Don't know, but keep looking for the Saphire," said Fiore.
{5}{5}
And that's the TRUTH

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 11/01/2008 8:32 PM

Ilektriki followed the pair in and glanced around the large bazaar. "It's changed rather dramatically since my last visit," Ilektriki mused sadly, counting the years. The shopkeeper noticed him and waved, promising he'd found something great and would you like to go see? Ilektriki replied, yes, thank you, I shall go and look. A gem of monstrous size was presented, for the lowly price of 1000ks. Ilektriki sputtered. "One thousand! What are you planning to do, buy a Panzer?!" he shook his head in disbelief. "I don't even know what kind of gem that is. I'm not taking it." He regained his composure. It's a sapphire, the shopkeeper said, sold to me for twice the price. It's a rather nice gem, he said with a toothless grin. Ilektriki swaggered away, annoyed.

{5}

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 11/01/2008 9:01 PM

Fiore and Spellcree looked as soon as Ilektriki yelled the price.  Both of them looked at the gem and glared at the shopkeeper.  They cracked their paws in ready for a fist fight.  "Why the Hell would you sell a Soul Saphire for that much of a wasted Keystones," Yelled Spellcree and charged at the shopkeeper.  But Fiore kept her away and looked at the shopkeeper..  "We'll give you 100Ks for it.  Done?" asked Fiore, still holding back the pissed off Spellcree.
{6}{6}
And that's the TRUTH

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 11/01/2008 9:11 PM

Ilektriki stared in shock. He had less of an idea what a Soul Sapphire was than a plain old sapphire, but from the impression he was getting from Fiore and Spellcree it was pretty darn important. Ilektrki cleared his throat, turned back to the shopkeeper, and promptly ripped the gem out of his hands. He put it in his beak and "handed" it to Spellcree, who apparently wanted it more. "There," he said, "You can have it for free." he spread his wings to usher the two outdoors before the shopkeeper got over his shock and called an assassin.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 11/02/2008 6:19 PM

Spellcree looked at it and left the store with it.  Fiore looked and glared at the shop keeper one last time with a hypnitised spell.  "From now on, every time you see me or Spellcree, you let us have whateverwe want."  She left the store and went outside.  "Wait until I have all seven," said Spellcree.  Fiore knocked some sence into Spellcree.  "Don't you remember what Toon wanted us to do!?  Find all seven and meet her in Nori Volcano for the final treatment of Alicia, Elk, Jet, Moon, Misoka, Mahiru, and Igasa be recovered," said Fiore in discust.

{7}{7}
And that's the TRUTH

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 11/02/2008 6:39 PM

Ilektriki hurried out the store with them, flustered. "Kindly, what's going on?" he asked breathlessly. Their sudden outbursts startled him, especially in the town of his birth, where child and adult alike knew better than to stand out anywhere. Loud children rarely left the safety of their homes unless they had no parents, which then became  vunerable to random kidnapping or forced labor and lovely things like that. The garudor kept an eye on a shady character who had followed them out of the shop. "What is that gem?" Ilektriki asked, understanding upon him at the importance of the jewel.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 11/14/2008 8:55 PM

ooc-- I need to pull this feller for training. Let's start another RP sometime.

Ilektriki shook his head, suddenly calmed. "I have no idea what that is," he started, "But if I don't have all plumage into the apartment complexes in ten minutes I will lose my home. Terribly sorry to bail on you--I hope you complete the quest you were sent for," he said earnestly, looking at each of their faces to try and drill his sincerity into them. Ilektriki turned into the gravel street and swaggered up the alley, then around a corner and into the next.

He knew his way around the street well, even though it had been years since he was here last. Within ten minutes he was there, his new tenth-floor apartment, with all his things totally soiled and waiting for him to clean. His audible bird-scream of anger could be heard miles away, officially out of the lives of the bearers of a Soul Gem.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Next