If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

[Self] Sweet Treats

Postby SpringsSong » 04/18/2014 4:40 PM

ImageImage

Vianetto -- 9e6436|| Aeridela -- c21b00

It was a warm, sunny day in the city of Jawan.  It was perfect outing weather, and two Kuhnas were taking advantage of that fact on this very day.  They'd known each other only for a brief period of time, but once they'd met, they had learned very quickly that they had a common interest--that of confections.

Perhaps it was a genetic thing--one of the Kuhnas was a Gingerbread Kuhna, and the other was a Candy Apple Kuhna.  Or, perhaps, it was simply a matter of having a serious sweet tooth.  It was no secret that both of the Kuhnas preferred sweets to any other food (some would say a little too much in the case of the Candy Apple Kuhna), or, perhaps it was neither of these things, and they just had an honest love of candy making.

There was some sort of a street fair happening on this particular day.  There were plenty of candy makers that had come for this fair, and the Gingerbread Kuhna had convinced his Candy Apple friend to come with him.

"Come on, Aeri; you know this will be a good experience for both of us," said the Gingerbread Kuhna.  "Besides, I've been wanting to ask around about a few recipes, you know.  Try and get feedback, and try to find some new things."

"I'm not in the mood for nicknames right now, Vianetto," retorted the Candy Apply Kuhna.  "Besides, these candy makers aren't our buyers.  They're just here, and by the end of the week, they'll be gone."

"I wasn't going to give sweets to the other vendors, Aeridela," Vianetto said, pointing to a currently-vacant table.  On it was a name card that read, Jawan's Seaside Sweets, and Aeridela glared at her friend.

"You didn't."

"I did," Vianetto replied.

"Why in the name of Yepha would you?!" Aeridela retorted.
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Re: [Self] Sweet Treats

Postby SpringsSong » 04/18/2014 4:54 PM

"Whoa, calm down there, Aeridela," Vianetto said, chuckling as the Candy Apple Kuhna took the stick she always had out of her mouth.  It was no secret that she had slowly sharpened that stick to a point, and she was not afraid of needing to use it.  That was, of course, back before she and Vianetto had met, but she still kept the stick with her.  She glared darkly as she held the stick out, the point clearly visible.

"Don't tell me to 'calm down', Vianetto!  There's no way in Yepha's name that we're ready for this kind of exposure!  I don't have any supplies with me!" she said, sticking the point of the stick under his chin.  "I can't serve people the caramel clinging to my fur!  That's not even hygienic!"

"Aeridela," Vianetto said calmly.

"And what would we even sell?  All of our things are back at the shop!" Aeridela continued.

"Aeridela."

"There's NO way you should be scheduling us for things like this!  You should have at least consulted me first!" she continued, the point pressing more into his skin.

"Aeri!" Vianetto finally exclaimed, shaking his head.

"What?!" Aeridela snarled, and then, she noticed that Vianetto was pointing to some crates that were behind the table.  When she realized what they were, her ears lowered and her tails sagged slightly.

"Oh..."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 04/19/2014 10:43 AM

"Now, are you going to help me set up this equipment, or what?" Vianetto said, laughing.  "Also, I would have consulted with you about this whole thing, Aeridela, but the manager of the fair came to me while you were out shopping one day, and she said that she needed an answer then and there.  To get invited to have a stand at the fair when we've only been open for a short time... it doesn't happen every day!"

"Oh," Aeridela said, frowning as she opened up the box that had a portable stove and a pot in it.  "Well, if you had told me that before, I would have under--"

"I tried to," Vianetto said, chuckling as he took out some cookies that he had baked the day before.  "You wouldn't let me, though."

"...oh.  I... I'm sorry, Vian," Aeridela said, her voice quiet.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 04/19/2014 11:11 AM

"Don't sweat it, Aeri," Vianetto said, chuckling.  "If I were in your position, I might have reacted in quite a similar way."

"Nah, you probably would've let me talk," Aeri said, pulling out a tray of apples that had sticks not unlike the one she held in her mouth stuck through their cores.  "You're the more level headed of the two of us; I think... I think that's why we make such a good team," she said, prepping ingredients for caramel.  She also took out another few pots and began to prepare various melting candies: chocolates in white, milk, and dark varieties, mostly.  While she did that, Vian took out some more cookies: these ones were gingerbread, which was a specialty of his.

"Think we can manage the cake pops?" he asked, and Aeri smiled.

"As long as you brought along some of our fudge that we've been working on.  Those have been popular as of late," she said.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate