If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

~+ Distant Fields [P] +~

Postby Atoli01 » 09/26/2014 12:57 PM

Hate. I really hated this. Would the me of then have been proud?

These thoughts violated my entire being, tainting my already fragile psyche and vacillating self-confidence. These thoughts had already claimed my mind as their rightful place of residence. They were creatures of habit.

Alas, such thoughts had become the norm. A rock that had been unfortunate enough to cross my path, falling victim to my restless feet, was my only distraction from these thoughts. But even that was the norm. It was curious how so many things had found themselves labeled as "norm", when the public assumed I was a perpetually interesting (and fortunate) busybody. Finding myself making my nightly trek to the local convenience store (it could only be called a miracle that the employees there had not recognized my face), I only wish I had brought my dog with me.

Bijin was my comfort on nights such as these, as I walked through dimly lit neighborhoods and crossed streets nearly devoid of traveling vehicles. Taking into account my status as both a famous figure and a young woman, wasn't it only natural to be on my guard? Yes, I'd remain on my guard until Hell froze over.

I pulled my oversized scarf higher on my neck.

A beautiful moon shines above again tonight,
And it sheds light happily over the world.
As for me, I'm just worthless, good for nothing,
Dreaming at daybreak, creeping at dawn.

Still I'll scream into the sky, hoping that somebody will find me.
I want to run, but there's no way out--
No bright future in sight.
But I still fly up like a butterfly, hoping that you'll find me.
A crescent moon, ugly children of the stars, flying with broken wings...!

Home | Imp. Docs. | Sales | Listing
Journal | Wishes | Roleplays
Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1035
Donate

Re: ~+ Distant Fields [P] +~

Postby zapdragon555 » 09/30/2014 10:25 PM

It was a fairly chilly night, Cyril thought, from his place beneath a streetlamp. He stood half-leaned against it, happy to let the harsh light and resultant dark shadows mask his face and figure as he looked at the screen of a phone in his hands. He breathed out slowly, an almost lazy movement to his eyes as they flicked over the clock. Eleven minutes to eleven. He could have laughed at the neat little occurrence, had he not business that night, had he not needed to remain quiet and hidden.

But it wasn't as if it was difficult to track a particularly prominent celebrity's nightly rounds to a simple hovel of a convenience store.

Cyril's smile widened over his face, and he pocketed the phone. It would be soon enough, he decided, his icy blue eyes scanning the street, his breath puffing out in light clouds of steam as he watched. He was comfortable with his current vantage point, for he'd frequented the place every other night for several nights, now. If there's one thing that Cyril prided himself in, it was his research. And his ability to make a clean incision even in a dark basement with a, frankly, very restless target. Okay, so two things.

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Atoli01 » 09/30/2014 11:36 PM

The light of that lonely convenience store was, to me, akin to that of a street lamp's to a moth. I dashed across the street and into the store. The shopkeepers were amused (if not slightly concerned) at my seemingly odd, jumpy habits the first several occasions in which I came to the store, though they had quickly grown accustomed to it and delivered only a slightly alarmed, exasperated smile whenever I arrived. As per the norm, I waved in response. (After catching my breath, that is.)

My goal to try every flavor of drink carried in these silly vending machines had long since been accomplished; even so, I decided to go for the outlandish blueberry flavored soda. It didn't taste too bad, as I recalled, despite the odd sound. I wanted to get back home. I don't know why, but I really, really wanted to hurry home.

That was the last thought I had before I found myself across the street from the convenience store. Got to hurry. Got to hurry. Why was I in such a rush...?

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 09/30/2014 11:53 PM

The streets were quiet when Maki dashed out of the convenience store, and it was about as inviting as any old dark street full of tight alleyways and flickering streetlamps could be. Her shoes made echoing noises on the asphalt, echoing soft and echoing in such a disorienting manner that Cyril himself had to actually focus on where on earth her exact location was.

Interestingly enough, Cyril was no longer at his watch post.

And as Maki passed by one of those particularly dark, thin alleyways, an arm suddenly shot out and grabbed her roughly by her jacket sleeve, tugging her into the alleyway. Almost instantly a cloth was clamped over her mouth that smelled sickeningly sweet. "Hello, princess," a smooth voice came from behind her, far too close for comfort.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Atoli01 » 10/01/2014 12:15 AM

Terror. Pure, unadulterated terror. Fight or flight kicked in, though not quickly enough to escape that man's grasp. I tried to kick him, I tried to punch him, I tried, but even screaming was an option made unavailable with the addition of that sweet, almost candy-scented cloth.

Bijin. Bijin. Bijin. Aisha. Mother. Father. Granny and Gramps, too. Everyone. Fate was a cruel thing; I couldn't even cry as I felt the fumes from that cursed cloth rendering my body nothing but a puppet, a marionette whose strings were were impossible to snap. My fingers scrambled, instinctively searching for anything which they could grab a hold on. Was it his sleeve? His arm? The wall? I hadn't the slightest clue what my fingers had grasped as the last shards of my conscious-- now shattering into a thousand pieces-- left me.

I didn't want to die. I just wanted to sing. I didn't want to die.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 10/01/2014 12:22 AM

Cyril had caught her easily as she crumpled like a doll, and he gently lowered her to the ground for the time being, straightening up to slip his jacket off. He bent down and scooped her up in the black cloth, concealing her for the most part from anyone who wouldn't bother to give one glance, and he walked in the shadows of the alleys, keeping to the wall, keeping out of sight. It wouldn't do to be caught now. It would cause unnecessary complications, and while Cyril was far from adverse to the idea of getting his hands a little dirty, extra bloodshed would only require more cleanup afterwards.

Before long he located his car about a mile out of the vicinity, and Maki was laid with an uncharacteristic care in the backseat, the cloth pressed once again to her nose for another dose of the candy-sweet malaise. He laid his jacket over her and shut the door, climbing into the driver's seat, and starting it up. And just like that, quite easily, he'd spirited away one of the most popular idols of that time. To be honest, Cyril was rather pleased with himself. This would certainly cause a stir.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 10/01/2014 12:41 AM

The rumble of a car. I had fallen asleep again, hadn't I? Oh, work was always so tiring... So... tiring... I needed to apologize to my manager... He was always working so hard, and here I always fell asleep in his company. Oh, haha, I'd love a nice, cute idol keeping me company. So wasn't it a little unfair that I never kept him...

"Makoto..." I didn't take note of it at the time, but my words were muffled by that poisoned cloth. My hand reached out feebly in an attempt to grab the driver's sleeve.

But no, it wasn't Makoto. My heart raced. It pounded, as if a sledgehammer was being beaten against my chest. I wanted to scream. Once again, I wanted to scream. I wanted to tear that cloth away from my face. I tried too-- but it just wasn't enough as I felt my consciousness begin to seep into that gaping black hole once more.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 10/06/2014 9:19 PM

"Hm?" Cyril blinked as he felt a tug on his sleeve, and he glanced back at the girl in the backseat, frowning slightly. Had he really not applied enough chloroform? Surely he had... of course, he didn't want to kill the girl. That would defeat the purpose entirely, and she was such a pretty thing that it would be a waste. Besides, if there was one thing Cyril was, it was a gentleman. And a gentleman never brutishly harms a lady.

Cyril blinked as the hold on his sleeve fell away, and he stared at her for a moment before smiling and looking back to the windshield. It took around an hour, driving at a pace that would look nonchalant enough to any onlookers that they wouldn't be suspicious of the black car prowling through the streets, to get to his destination, a small house in the ghetto area of the city with two small, dirty windows that looked like they might shatter at the slightest gust of wind. "And here we are," Cyril murmured in a singsongy voice, parking the car behind the house, a tight squeeze, given that the houses were so close together. He unlocked the doors and slipped out, then went to open up the back seat, swiftly hoisting the girl into his arms bridal-style, his jacket still covering her as he walked towards the back door of the house.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 10/06/2014 10:06 PM

Too weak to move... Even my subconscious, by now, knew that this wasn't a dream. That poison... My thoughts gathered in my head as fragments, each one shattering even further as time continued on. I wanted to run. Please, someone save me! I wanted to scream that at the top of my lungs. But I just didn't... Have the energy. I couldn't manage a thing save for laying limp pathetically. I was groggy and everything around me was foggy and blurred. I could feel my body bouncing lightly. Footsteps? He was walking.

"Stop..." I finally muttered. It was miniscule, it was tiny, it was quiet. A mouse's squeak could have impacted the air's soundwaves more drastically than that single word could have. My limbs still immobile, but second by second, my body was starting to fire itself up again. My eyes fluttered open to gaze upon nothing but darkness, but I felt another single word rise from my throat--

"Why...?"

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 10/07/2014 12:36 AM

Cyril paused on the back porch of the run-down house as the girl in his arms spoke, and he barely shifted, looking down at the bundle of jacket over her. "Mm, you're not supposed to wake up yet. Sleep just a little bit longer, dear, won't you?" Cyril cooed softly, then smirked and unlocked the door with some difficulty, shifting her in his arms until he could get a proper hold on the key. He pushed the door open with his hip and ducked inside, then closed it with a foot, humming to himself.

"Oh, I really should clean up a bit," he mused, looking around the dark, dusty room with a distasteful glint in his eyes. It was chilly, inside the house, and despite the smallness of it, it was rather spacious, given that there was almost no furniture at all in the biggest room, just a stool. Boards were nailed over the front door, blocking that exit, and there was another room that was pitch dark connected to the main room. All in all, not a very fitting hideout for someone of Cyril's caliber. But then Cyril decided his own caliber; the hideout was fine, if not what he was sure would be somewhat disagreeable to his new guest.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 10/07/2014 1:12 AM

"Who are..." Finishing the sentence was a task that had been deemed impossible by both my current mental and physical state. "...me down." I'd still try, though. Eventually, I knew, I'd regain my strength. I'd regain my strength, assuming he did nothing to me before I in fact did. My heart had already kicked into full gear, at a speed which made it feel like my chest would explode.

The fabric--whatever it was, I couldn't quite make it out--draped over me made for a scarce supply of oxygen. Maybe that was the reason I wasn't up-and-at-'em yet. I had to focus more on breathing than anything else... Breathe in, breathe out. If breathing wasn't something I had to do to survive, I'm certain that my body wouldn't have had enough strength for something even that simple. If only he'd put me down. If only he'd free me of this cursed fabric.

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 10/11/2014 12:11 AM

Finding it was going to be difficult doing what needed to be done with a waking captive and full hands, Cyril kept the jacket over her head for a moment longer, and with a grunt of effort he hoisted her over his shoulder, holding onto her torso with one arm as he went to drag a wooden chair out of the dark room. "Be patient, princess," Cyril muttered, a little irate that she was already waking up. That just completely ruined the surprise, the art of it! It really set his nerves on edge. He walked steadily with her draped over his shoulder, and he began fishing through a drawer for any twine he might have. "Ah, there we are," he purred, finally locating a roll of the stuff and carrying it back to the chair. "So, princess," he addressed her in a much more polite tone as he set the twine down, carefully balancing her. "Do you know why you're here?"

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 10/11/2014 2:49 PM

Princess? Did this man know who I was--was this planned--or did he only possess a sickeningly cruel sense of humor? Either one seemed to be plausible. Oh, why couldn't I have just stayed home tonight? Why couldn't I have had enough sense to bring Bijin with me? At least I fed him before I left... But if I'm gone, who will take care of him? He couldn't become that old stray on the streets again. Right? Oh god, that thought scared me even more than my own death.

Curse my feigned confidence. If only I had acted with caution, as I always did, I'd be curled up on the couch with a blanket, a horrible comedy show on television and a half-empty bottle of blueberry soda sitting on my coffee table rather than having found myself in some place I didn't even know and slung over some stranger's shoulder. In response to his question, I only cried out one short word. "No..."

Why would I?

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 10/23/2014 11:06 AM

Cyril smirked, then shifted her in his arms to sit her down in the chair with a delicacy that was uncustomary to the situation. "Well, then that's just fine, dear," he murmured, maneuvering her hands with an icy grip to the back of the chair, where he began to tie the twine around her wrists. "I think it's better if you don't know. I intend to make you comfortable here." His voice was light, but it held back a softness that seemed to blanket the entire situation, the gravity of what he was doing. He was kidnapping someone, and a famous someone no less. An excellent prize to be sure, but Cyril wasn't one for special treatment, beyond the fact that this was a woman in his presence, and not a man that he could play with more roughly. So, delicate he was.

"Too tight?" he asked, glancing up at the dark drape that was his jacket covering her head still. "Just say the word, dear, and I will deliver."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 11/17/2014 8:53 PM

When the rope came into contact with my skin, a sudden, sharp gasp escaped my lips. I only I could see what he was doing... If only I could see my surroundings... I wanted to know where I was, I wanted to prepare myself for... whatever he had planned. The rope was the perfect example; I was going to go insane even faster in this this way. The rope cut into my wrists--probably tight enough to leave red marks--but it wasn't an unbearable feeling. Even still, if I could...

"Tight. Too... tight..."

I felt groggy; even the adrenaline coursing through my body was enough to barely keep me conscious. As such, no "tender" words or "sweet" talk could make me any more accepting of my current position. Rather, it was frightening to think of what such a man like this was thinking... I didn't want to die yet. I wanted to go home.

"Let me... see..."

Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next