If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

this will be a cool title soon! (P, Pickle and me)(M!)

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/09/2014 6:10 PM

Aspen, Played in human form

//Aprox 2 years ago//
Aspen stood on the second level of an old, obandoned and half torn down office building at the outskirts of the city. It lay there, rotting and forgotten, and had a strange sense of peace about it. He leaned in a crackled doorframe, seemingly enjoying the view possible due to the missing wall, but actually scanning the area.
He lived in this city for quite some time now. It seemed innocent enough, but where there was a harbour,
there was rats. Jawan was actually a hub for criminals and shady deals, you just wouldnt notice it unless one looked a little closer.

He was supposed to meet up with someone here. The Spade gang hired him to  help one of their
Hit men with his target, mainly giving him a guide and a bit of inside information about the city and its 'more interisting' inhabitants, plus..well helping with the actual job. Not his usual job, normally he worked alone. but...he was paid well, and he would not complain. or ask too many questions for that matter.

His pose shifted slightly when he saw something or someone move through the rich forest surrounding the ruins, focusing on it. When he was quite certain, he made his way down to very cautiously aproach the newcomer. "Are you Warden?" he asked calmly, keeping a respectfull distance at a tactically good spot, just in case something happened.

(hope this is okay?)
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

[1.1]

Postby Remedy » 12/09/2014 9:21 PM

Warden, male Gambler Gallizar, role played in human form.

A tall figure approached the decaying office building.  He was surprisingly normal looking in his attire and stance, though emerging from the forest as he was may seem slightly suspect.  He certainly couldn't pass as a hiker; if anything, his outfit suggested a businessman of sorts, complete with a briefcase.  He was very steadfast in his movement, as if he knew the area well.  In reality, he'd never been here before.  However, he did take some time to study a map of the surrounding area before arriving.

He approached the building quickly and cautiously, dark eyes scanning the area for movement.  It didn't take long for him to locate the man he was sent to meet.  The other fellow was quick to question him, and he was quick to reply.  "Yes sir.  I'm guessing you'll be my 'tour guide' during my stay here?"  He had little to no qualms about the stranger by him; if Charlie approved of him, Warden assumed he would get along with him as well.

((Looks good to me!))

I think back to the time when my search first began,
I left behind those shores of sand
For the endless everlasting world out there.

I know that with this burning passion driving me
Someday, somewhere I'll finally see
The light I have searched for everywhere!

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

HomeLogWishTradeImp. Docs
Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1982
Donate

Re: this will be a cool title soon! (P, Pickle and me)(M!)

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/10/2014 7:20 AM

Aspen relaxed a little once he confirmed that he was indeed his contact. He was quite certain that the newcomer posed no threat to him now, simply because Warden would have absolutely no use in trying something. "That is right. My name is Aspen" He nodded in greeting.

He decidet to cut straight to the point. As far as he was concerned, the earlier they got things rolling the better.
"I would suggest we go the 'HQ' first, where you can load of any extra equipment, and then we can head of and I'll show you the most important locations" The 'HQ' was a separate, small apartment he rented on the outskirts of town. Not really his home of course, but a useful investment none the less, for parking equipment, possibly an interrogation room(should that ever become nescesary), and even housing for someone from outside.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

[1.2]

Postby Remedy » 12/12/2014 9:54 PM

Warden nodded and considered offering his hand to shake, but then decided against the act.  Despite the fact he had no qualms about Aspen, he was still hesitant to trust him completely for the time being.  Not that he didn't trust him, of course, just... best not to get too comfortable upon the first meeting.

"Sounds good," Warden confirmed, though he carried nothing more than the briefcase in hand.  All his applicable weaponry was already concealed on his person, as were other miscellaneous items that may come of use.  In the brief case was a very compactly folded casual change of clothes, should they become necessary, and a plain manilla folder containing all the details about the operation that was to be carried out.  He highly doubted he would need to leave anything at the HQ, but it would be best to learn the location at the very least.

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/13/2014 2:10 AM

Aspen nodded "Alright then". He looked at the man opposite of him, before starting to lead the way away from the old building and to the general direction of the city. "Its not too far". He tried to puzzle together a picture of Warden from is first, short impression. Not a beginner, and he seemed to be rather professional. of course, that could only really be judged once he saw him in action...

Aspen walked in front of the other, turning his head back ever so slightly. He was not someone of many words, but he at the very least wanted to know what they where about to deal with here. And...to get to know the guy a bit better would not be bad either. If they where about to work together, they would have to rely on each other. He'd much rather have a general idea about the guy before they got started. Not...trusting him of course, he rarely trusted anyone really. But he was sure the other one would prefer to not work with a complete stranger too. "Is there any information you can already give me on our operation?" he asked almost casually.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

[1.3]

Postby Remedy » 12/14/2014 2:19 PM

Warden, as well, was a man of little words.  He tended to learn more from others by their behaviorisms rather than just their speech, though both attributed to his view of another person.  As soon as Aspen began leading the way, Warden was quick to follow.  He was expecting the walk to be in silence for the most part, but didn't mind a start to conversation when Aspen offered it.

"Well," he began his reply, "Charlie would like us to do a bit of... outsourcing in this area.  We don't exactly have a pristine track record with the group we're dealing with here, but it would be extremely beneficial for our business if we repaired the trade relations we had within this city.  Of course, Charlie's always been very realistic and understands that things might go awry, which is why he sent me.  He's always been optimistic about things like this, but he never overlooks the risks."

He paused for a minute before continuing, "I can give you more details on the entire plan once we get to your HQ; I have a folder that lays everything out directly, details and all.  I can assure you I will do all I can to ensure your safety during your time assisting me, though I cannot assure you I will succeed."  Warden was never really one to beat around the bush, and always considered it best to be straightforward with things such as this.

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/15/2014 3:23 PM

He listened intently on the information Warden gave him.  "A wise choice" he only commented on Charlies decision. And it was true. the last few months there was a big increase in criminal activity around the town and docks, and more and more smaller or bigger gangs trying to nestle in and fight for territoriom to start their business. For Aspen, that usually ment more jobs for him, given that the gangs where highly suspicious of eachother and wanted to see eachother dead for the most part. It also ment that this particular job could get quite tricky...they could hardly predict that now tho.

He nodded at the other mans last comment. "I am...prepared should things go downhill." he stated, before adding "Thank you for the disclosure tho". So far, Aspen was pleasantly surprised. If he was honest, he was kind of afraid that he would have to babysit a rookie when he took the job, having never worked with the Spade gang before. This man however seemed to know his stuff, and his honesty did earn him his respect.

A short time later they arrived at a small aparment complex at the outskirts of the city. Locking up one of the units, Aspen took a routine peek inside before opening the door for Warden. It was more of a habit then a real fear that someone would hide in there, but one could never be too carefull in this business. The apartment was rather small, but tidy, almost sterile. there was little furniture and no deoration whatsoever, proving that this truely was a purely a functional apartment. He motioned at the table with the two chairs in the could-be living room. "please, make yourself confortable" there wa a small, almost undetectable hint of humor in his voice, knowing fully well that the envyronemt was...less then confortable, to say the least. It did serve its purpose tho.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

[1.4]

Postby Remedy » 12/20/2014 1:06 PM

Warden felt no trepidation as they approached the apartment complex.  He'd already established in his mind that this man was trustworthy.  If he were to be proven wrong, so be it; he would deal with the conflicts as they came.  Thankfully, there was no awaiting ambush as they entered the building and the room.  Warden was pleasantly surprised to see Aspen check inside before allowing him in.  To him, this indicated an air of professionalism, which he greatly admired.  It was nice to be working with someone who took the necessary precautions as seriously as he did.

As they entered, Warden didn't laugh or scoff at Aspen's comment.  He never really was too talented at picking up on humor unless it was blatantly obvious.  "Thank you," he replied instead, taking a seat in one of the chairs.  He placed his briefcase on the table, deftly opening both latches and revealing its contents.  On top of a neatly folded pair of clothes lay a manilla folder, which he removed before closing the case.

"In here are the details about our operation," he informed Aspen as he handed the folder to the other man.  "I've already studied it in length, so if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask."  He wasn't one to judge another's questioning, no matter how ignorant the questions might be, as long as it gave each party a clear understanding of the events to happen.

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/26/2014 6:22 AM

(just a short one today. man...holidays are busy XDD)

Aspen nodded when handed the envelope. He opened it and started to read, taking enough time to make sure he did not miss anything. There was no use in him hurrying through it and missing any details. even the most minor ones could prove crucial and sometimes desasterous if ignored. It seemed quite straight forward tho,
and much to his delight very clear and to the point. Most of the day would be spend with him showing Warden location and important dealers and gang territories, and at around 3 am they would rendevouz with their contacts of the gang, where they would try and establish a business relationship in a way. Aspen knew that these kind of deals where notoriously tricky, because neither side knew the other one in most cases, or, maybe had some sort of previous problems, and thus everyone was quite...twitchy.

"looks okay to me" he finally said, handing the envelope back. "just one little thing  it could be nothing, but I think I should mention it. The place where we meet our contact is tactically very bad for us as newcomers, because there are a lot of containers and old sheds that can be used as hiding points for backup or sharpshooters." It was not really a warning just something Warden had to be aware of. \

(hope thats okay, kind of uncreative today :/)

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate