If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Missing Memories [Self] L

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 10/30/2015 12:02 AM

A heavy jerk and a whack on the head brought Rhona to consciousness. Blinking several time she still couldn’t focus her eyes due to it being completely dark. She was confined to a small area that was moving, another bump had her hitting her head on the top of a car trunk. The side of her face hurt and her wrist was sore. Trying to move around she felt something in her hand, it was a slip of paper but it was too dark to read so she stuffed it in her back pocket. Rhona let out a deep breath and tried to focus even with her head pounding. Trying to wrack her brain she couldn’t come up with any memories that would help her figure out how she had ended up in the back of somebodies trunk. It definitely wasn’t her first time so after another minute of wiggling around she had her foot thumping against where the back brake light would be. A beam of light that shone into the truck let her know that she successfully pushed it out. With the ability to see she easily popped the trunk open, again this wasn’t her first time. Gathering her bearings she hopped out and rolled out to the road. As quickly as she could she took off and out of sight into the surrounding woods.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1248
Donate

Re: Missing Memories [Self] L

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 10/30/2015 12:04 AM

After walking a little ways hidden by the forest she discovered that she wasn’t far from a small town. Stumbling into a small coffee shop she made her way to front counter and asked if she borrow their phone for a minute. When the lady behind the counter obliged she dialed a number without real having to think about the numbers due to how many times she’s had to dial it.

“Marty is that you?” she asked as soon as someone answered.

“Rhona! Where the hell have you been? I’ve been worried sick about you, don’t just disappear without mentioning where you have went,” a woman scolded from the other end of the line.

“Marty I’m truly sorry but right now I need you to trace the location of the phone I’m calling you on and then come and get me…” she scanned behind her to see if there was any suspicious people lurking around, “and don’t take your sweet old time either, this is serious.”

“Okay give me a sec, don’t hang up yet… why are you-” Rhona swiftly hung the phone up and made her way out the back door just as two very large, very angry men entered the establishment.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 10/30/2015 12:05 AM

Waiting calmly by the back dumpster she pulled out the slip of paper and finally read it: 1:30 am, the 12th on the corner of Cropper and Maple rd. “Come on Rhona what did you get yourself into?” she asked herself as she tried to rack her brain for anything, only to draw a blank. She rubbed her temple wishing the headache would go away so she could concentrate. Maybe instead of trying to remember how she got in the trunk she should focus on the last thing she did remember. She had gotten a call from someone asking for help to prove their innocence. The pounding in her brain increased and she became faint. Closing her eyes she grabbed the side of the dumpster to stop herself from falling over. Her vision went hazy and the last thing she remembered was sliding onto the ground and her head hitting the cement with a sickly thwack.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 10/30/2015 12:06 AM

Coming to for the second time that day she was thankfully on a hospital bed and not crammed into the back of a trunk. Placing a hand on her forehead she slowly sat up. “Easy there tiger, lay back down you’ve got yourself a nasty little bump on your head,” someone told her from beside her.

“Where am I?” Rhona asked.

Marty spoke up, “you’re at one of the agencies trusted underground hospitals.”

She let out a groan and then attempted to sit back up ignoring the doctor's protest to, “we weren’t followed were we?”

“No, not that I know of. Do you think you can answer the question as to why you were on the ground passed out by a dumpster?” Marty sat straighter in her chair expecting the whole story.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 10/30/2015 12:07 AM

“How long have I been out?” Rhona answered with another question.

Marty let out an annoyed scoff, “only a few hours why?”

“No reason, anyways earlier today I woke up in the back a trunk. I had a slip of paper in my hand and no memory of how I got there. I escaped and made to a small coffee shop, I proceeded to call you when I spot two suspicious men coming near the shop. I made it out back and that’s when I passed out and I guess where you found me,” she finished.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 10/30/2015 12:08 AM

Marty furrowed her eyebrows in thought, “what did the slip of paper say?”

Rhona dug around in her pocket and pulled it out, handing it to her friend she noticed her are in a cast, “what the hell is this?”

Marty looked up from the cast confused, “it’s a cast.”

“I know that but why do I have one?” she replied with attitude.

“Because you fractured your forearm in three different places near the wrist,” Marty rolled her eyes. Rhona sulked in silence deciding that not talking was her best option. “So what’s that last thing you remember before waking up in the back of a trunk?” she asked breaking the silence.

“Uh…” Rhona racked her brain, “I remember getting a phone call… about a case. It was about… about some… ugh,” she growled, “I can’t remember.”
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 10/30/2015 12:08 AM

“Alright maybe we need to check out what’s happening on this piece of paper you mysteriously have,” Marty watched as Rhona struggle to remember. She knew her friend was having a lot of trouble with this because she normally prided herself in remembering all the facts that’s what made her such a good private I.
“What time is it now,” Rhona asked searching the white room for a clock.

“It’s almost seven, we’ve got several hours until the meeting spot. I suggest we get there an hour early so we can set up,” Marty was already dialing her phone to get Jem to come pick them up.

“Good idea, we need to head back to the house so I can grab some new clothes and something to eat,” Rhona was already attempting to get out of bed.

“No, no, no, you cannot be moving around so soon. You have a minor concussion and must lay down,” the doctor tried to direct her back to bed but she wasn’t having any of it and continued on out of the room closely followed by Marty.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 10/30/2015 12:16 AM

Marty shifted uncomfortably in their hiding spot. They had been there for a little over half an hour and she was starting to get cold. Crunch, crunch, crunch, “Rhona what are doing that’s making that noise?!”

“Nothing,” she answered with her mouth full.

Marty turned slightly to look at Rhona, “why did you bring taco’s?!”

She held up a bag, “I actually brought four tacos, you want one?”

“Oh I’ll take one since you both decided to drag me into this,” Jem reached over and snatched the bag.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 10/30/2015 12:17 AM

Marty impatiently looked at her watch, “we’ve been here for almost an hour where are these people?”

“Marty calm down, we don’t know what’s going to go down or who is even going to show up. For all we know it could be a trap to capture me again,” Rhona snapped as she shifted in her spot.

“Shh shh, look someone is pulling up,” Jem pointed.

All three of them went silent and watched as a car pulled into the clearing under the streetlamp. A man got out and calmly walked to the front of the car and pulled out a gun. Rhona’s arm hair started to stick up and she got this awful feeling in her stomach that she doubted was because of the tacos.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 10/30/2015 12:18 AM

The pointed the gun straight at the spot that they were hiding and right as a shot rang out Rhona shoved Marty and Jem onto the ground. “Go, go, go!” she yelled as tried to shove them all back towards the car. Taking one last glance over her shoulder she spotted the man getting back into his car and heading straight for them. “Into the car now!” she hopped into the passenger seat as Jem took his spot in front of the wheel.

Marty got into the back seat and turned around the look out the window, “oh crap he’s right behind. We need to get out of here!”
“Alright I’m going,” Jem switched the gear to drive and peeled off making a squealing noise. Another gunshot went off and Jem swerved the vehicle violently in attempt to miss it.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate