If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

I'll Treat You To Something Nice [Self]

Postby zapdragon555 » 10/11/2014 12:20 AM

[i don't think this will get M but how can i tell anymore tbh.]

Image .  Image

They were an odd pair, the two walking down the sidewalk. Awai, the smaller of the two, walked about a foot behind Laudanum, the taller, keeping a respectful, comfortable distance from the other individual. "Don't think this is because I like you, Gyoshi-kun," Laudanum grumbled good-naturedly, his hands in his wine-colored pockets. "This is just as thanks for taking care of Sencha. That's understood, right?"

Awai didn't respond audibly, and this was normal for them. They simply nodded their head up and down. It was fine that Laudanum was paying attention to Awai, but in reality, they were just a bit weirded out by it. They weren't used to it in the least. They kept quiet, as per the norm, as they listened to Laudanum chatter on, his high voice ringing in the bustling crowd that didn't seem to notice either of the individuals.

"We'll eat somewhere very nice, I think. I've picked up some good change, I have, and it will be more than enough for both of us. But not those mangey dogs of yours!" Laudanum suddenly snapped, whipping his head around to stare at the four doberman-looking dogs that hung back from the two, following at a sneaky distance. "Call them off! They give me the creeps!"

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Re: I'll Treat You To Something Nice [Self]

Postby zapdragon555 » 10/11/2014 6:17 PM

Awai glanced behind themself at the dogs, and something like a smile flickered over their face as they turned back to Laudanum and shrugged. Laudanum's scowl deepened, and he snorted, tossing his hair and walking in a more upright fashion. "Just make sure they don't come in the restaurant. I don't want to cause a stir."

Awai knew that was a lie. Laudanum lived for stirs. He might as well be a whisk. Stirs were his thing, how he got his kicks, and... admittedly, also how he survived. But the dogs would probably take away from anyone noticing Laudanum, so Awai glanced back at the dogs and gave a soft whistle, and one by one the dogs slinked off into the shadows of alleyways.

"There. Easy. I'm glad they at least listen to you, Gyoshi-kun," Laud said, his voice light again. "Anyway, you like spicy food, don't you? I think you said that one time. There's a place right up here that has really good curry..." Awai listened in silence, content to follow Laudanum at their slowish pace, their tail curled close to their jeans. Laudanum, however, lashed his tail in an agitated manner as he looked around. "It was definitely around here! Definitely!"

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Re: I'll Treat You To Something Nice [Self]

Postby zapdragon555 » 11/27/2014 1:49 AM

Awai glanced around, seeing if they could pinpoint exactly what Laud was prattling on about. They blinked as they spotted a small restaurant that seemed to sell dinner foods and alcohol, and they nodded in its direction with a soft 'mm' sound to get Laudanum's attention.

Laud blinked, glancing back at Awai, then squinted in the direction they were looking. Laudanum's eyes lit up, and he let out a triumphant laugh, his tail whipping excitedly. "Yes! Yes! That's the one, Gyoshi-kun! Come. I'm buying this for you, so you'd better act grateful." Awai fought down the urge to roll their eyes at Laudanum's eccentric rantings, and followed behind him across the street a few feet back, glancing at a car as it approached rather quickly.

"Rabenda," Awai's soft voice came out in a warning tone, and Laudanum reacted quickly, yelping and darting forward as the car blared past. Laudanum caught himself on the traffic light pole on the sidewalk, panting, and he shot a look in Awai's direction, scowling at them.

"I almost got run over, Gyoshi-kun! Did you see that!" he cried, his face flushed with indignance, and Awai nodded, the tassels of their hat bobbing as they approached Laud, stopping a couple of feet away. "Damn humans," Laud grumbled, turning away and stalking towards the restaurant. "So inconsiderate all the damn time..."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate