If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Death on the Docks [Self | Mature] Done

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 12/22/2015 1:20 AM

ImageImage
[Caspian & Mala Tigher]

Caspian rolled over in bed to look at his sleeping wife and as if she could feel his eyes on her she stirred. Smiling she whispered, "good morning."

"Morning, are you ready to get up and go to work?" he asked laying on his side.

Her eyes found the clock, "I suppose so. It is already five."

Putting on a big grin he got out of bed, "good because I've already got a call this morning about a dead guy found on the docks."
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1248
Donate

Re: Death on the Docks

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 12/22/2015 1:21 AM

Mala rolled her eyes, "you are far too happy about a dead man."

Her husband turned to her, "and you're not?" he asked with a raised eyebrow.

Deciding to also get up she walked over to Caspian and gave him a peck on the cheek, "yes but I have the decency to not show it." She gave him a sly smile and embarked on getting dressed. Chuckling at his wife he followed her lead and quickly changed. With them both ready they headed out to the docks.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Death on the Docks [Self | Mature]

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 12/22/2015 1:22 AM

"Mr. Ms. Tigher?" a man in a yellow vest called them over. They had barely stepped out of their car before they were dragged into a frenzy of workers.

Caspian put on a professional tone as he addressed his employees, "have any of you identified the man?"

A guy pushed back his hardhat before speaking, "it Richard. We were finally able to haul him out and get a good look."

"Richard wasn't at work yesterday. I guess we now know why," Mala stated peering down at the dead man.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 12/22/2015 1:24 AM

Caspian watched as a worked pulled out Richard's name badge from his pocket, "what do you mean by hauled out?"

The same guy answered, "he was all wrapped up in netting. Took us almost a whole hour to get him free and identify him."

Mala pursed her lips thinking, "who found him. I want the whole story."

The pervious man came forward, "it was me."
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 12/22/2015 2:27 AM

She nodded, "okay come with us to the office." She turned to face the crowd, "and if any of you have vital information also come with us." Looking amongst the works and seeing none that came forward she turned and with her husband traveled to their office.

Once settled in they both looked at the man pointedly. He coughed and cleared his throat, "I was the first one to show up today and so I opened up the shop and decided to go check up on the new shipment that was meant to come in last night. I completely expected it to be there too." He shuffled uncomfortably under their gazes.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 12/22/2015 2:28 AM

"Keep going," Caspian urged.

"Okay but don't get mad at me. It was the night shift who wrote down that the shipment came in," he rambled off quickly trying to cover his ass.

Mala shook her head at him, "well? go on. You're not here because we want to give you an ear full about your incompetence."

"Well when I went to go and check it, some of it was missing. Instead there was a heap of netting and a dead man," he finished his story and wanting to leave as quickly as he could.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 12/22/2015 2:28 AM

Caspian seeing the man's nervousness dismissed him with a wave of his hand. Turning to his wife he let out a sigh, "should we inform Marma of what's happened?"

Mala took a seat at her desk that was opposite of her husbands, "no not yet. I believe we have some investigation to do first. We will contact her as soon as we find the culprit. I would hate to have her angry, it will be much better if we attend to this and get it all wrapped up before letting her know."
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 12/22/2015 2:29 AM

"That makes sense," Caspian agreed. "I believe first I must go and figure out what to do with the dead body before it causes too much suspicion with the authorities. Could you have our ten o'clock appointment moved to later. I have a feeling this is going to be taking up most of our day," he stood.

"Yes yes," she waved her husband away, "go have fun with the dead body." He grinned at her before exiting the office.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 12/22/2015 2:30 AM

Mala hung the phone up and scratched out the ten and rewrote five on the calendar sheet. It had been awhile since her husband left and she wasn't looking forward to going and hunting him down. However before she could even leave her chair the door reopened and Caspian stepped in. "How did it go?" she asked without looking up from her work.

"Well some workers found quite a bit of mud from around where the body was found. I took a look for myself and it's to thick to have been washed up from the sea so it came from somewhere else. Where I don't know," he retook his seat and started to shuffled papers around.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 12/22/2015 2:31 AM

Mala scanned the pages of an address book until she found the number she was looking for. As she dialed the number she asked, "and the body?"

"At this very moment being dissemble and bagged. Later today it will board a carrier ship and then be dumbed out into the ocean," he said nonchalantly.

His wife nodded in acceptance as someone picked up on the other line, "hello yes David, this Mala Tigher down at dock 12. We are in of your assistance and the matter is quite time sensitive." She grinned after a moment of listening, "yes thank you very much." Hanging up she looked at Caspian, "David will be here shortly to look into the mud affair."
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 12/22/2015 4:12 PM

A little while later they were both standing out by the death scene again. The sun had finally rose making all the frost glitter. Sadly though it had not given much warmth, the sea wind was strong and hadn't let up enough for anyone to feel the sun's rays. The gusts of strong wind kept throwing Mala's hair into her face and she would forcibly tuck it behind her ear again. Caspian watched his wife amused at her antics and she would send him death glares. Turning her attention back to the man squatting on the ground she asked, "how much longer will this be taking you if you don't mind me asking?"
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 12/22/2015 4:14 PM

He stood up and dusted his hands off. I have a good idea at where it came from but I'm going to take a sample and make sure. I'll be back shortly," he held at his hand to shake before realizing that was a bad idea. He waved his arm as he left.

Mala quickly spun on her heals and walked back inside before she decided to rip her hair out. "Next time you will be attending to anything outdoor related," she took a seat and was already searching to call someone else to the investigation.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 12/22/2015 4:14 PM

Caspian didn't get comfortable, he grabbed a hardhat and a vest to put on. Finding a clipboard he hooked a file to it and was about to head out. "What's that for?" Mala whispered to him since she was on the phone.

"I need to go and check what was expected to be in our stole shipment. Also I think a word with the who was on the night shift is in order," he informed before heading out. He popped back in and snagged his coffee before returning outside.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 12/22/2015 4:15 PM

Caspian walked into one of the large loading warehouses and called who was inside to him. "Okay I don't want to keep you guys too long but I need to know if any of you were on the night shift last night?" he asked.

"Yeah I was but I went home early. Before the stolen shipment even showed up. I am assuming that's why you're asking," a guy spoke up.

"Is there a reason you decided to leave early?" Caspian glared.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby CookingwiththeCobra » 12/22/2015 4:16 PM

"Yeah my five year old daughter had a fever last night and my wife needed me to go and pick some medicine up," the man defended himself.

Caspian dropped the hard look, "do you know who was suppose to close up?"

"Yeah Trevor was..." he looked around nervously.

"Go on," Caspian demanded.

"He was suppose to come in an hour ago but he didn't show," the guy spoke warily.

Caspian let out a sighed, "okay then," they now had something to go off.
CookingwiththeCobra
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Next