Why not drop in and say hello to all the members out there. If you're new here and would just like to meet a new friend, or you just happen to be leaving this forum for good, go ahead and post here.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Hellos and Goodbyes

well, look who's back (warning, cheesy and emotional)

Postby ShadowStitches » 01/14/2018 5:16 PM

Holy moly.

It has been a while. Like. a LONG while.
Some of you might not even know me. I've been super inactive for a while before, and then just vanished mid 2017 I believe, due to...just quite a bit in life going down the drain.
BUT. and I said that before, BUT(!!) for real this time. I'm back.
I might not be super super active, as I recenty (november 2017) started my life as a (more or less voluntary) full time freelance Concept artist/illustrator. and so far, jobs have been slim to none excistent, and I have to do a lot of social media-ing to kind of get a foot in the door (and I'm not good at it yet, and things are just a little scary atm).

You might ask: but if things are so stressfull right now, why come back ?
Because: I really missed this. I need a bit of a safe space to return to and be creative in writing (aside from the comic projects I'm working on). even though I was never the super 'popular' or active in chat one, I do consider this forum and you guys a piece of online home. And sometimes one needs to step back and leave for a bit to really fully understand what you had before.

One small disclaimer: I will pull off the 'blanke slate' stunt (again). Most of my characters are...not to my liking anymore, and I have new ideas. That, mixed with a desire to just start from zero. so what will happen now is this:

I will scrap all of my characters (or...almost all, with exception for maybe one or two) UNLESS some of you are in a RP with me and some of my characters. If you want to continue said Rps, please message me or write me here. Its been a long while, so I'm not sure who would be still interested in picking the old-as-hell threads back up. just be aware that I will most likely scrap my characters after we finished our respective rps.

now. with that said, that also means that there will be probably a big sale coming soon.
I might not be posting up a storm right away, as i said, I am very busy, but I'll do my best.
I hope anyone who I might have left hanging in the air will forgive me for me just...up and leaving.

for now, I'd like to just say
I'ts good to be back

Shadow
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Re: well, look who's back (warning, cheesy and emotional)

Postby zapdragon555 » 01/14/2018 6:33 PM

Welcome back, you familiar face!! You'll always have a safe place to be creative here, for sure. It's great to see you back! I'm sorry to hear things haven't been going super well in your corner, and I really hope things look up for you soon ;0;

We do most of our chatting now on Discord, if you use that! I can shoot you an invite to the channel via PM if you'd like <3

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby ShadowStitches » 01/15/2018 2:48 AM

Thank you Zap! much appreceated :D And great to see you :D
and I'm sure things will look better soon ish, at the moment, its just a little all over the place.

I have not used discord yet, buuut I wanted to get into it anyway, would love to join you guys in the channel!

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 01/15/2018 3:22 AM

Shadow~ Welcome back again! :D I'd love to pick up our RP with my runaways and your group, though I understand if you're no longer attached to those characters. If not, let me know and I'd like to work out a summary of their story. c: Keep your chin up and I hope you get some great jobs in the near future!
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/15/2018 3:03 PM

Hey Shadow,

Long time no see :D Good to see you back, and the best of luck with your freelancing career!
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2056
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 01/16/2018 5:01 AM

@ Mojave: Heyo! Of course we can continue the rp :D like I said, I do not mind finishing already existing ones.
as a matter of fact, at least Oz actually might survive the initial 'purge' of my den anyway, as he might fit into
some storyline of planned characters of mine quite well. so no worries :D I'll get to responding today (taking this day of, since I had no weekend :/)
and thanks a bunch ! <3

@ Toxxic: Hey! good to see you again too! great to be back in the old stomping grounds and still see almost everyone around. And thank you :) These things just take time, but I actually might have one intersisting project to be part of soon ish. fingers crossed!

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate