Why not drop in and say hello to all the members out there. If you're new here and would just like to meet a new friend, or you just happen to be leaving this forum for good, go ahead and post here.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Hellos and Goodbyes

Third time's the charm?

Postby PseudoMon » 06/18/2016 2:50 AM

Hi there!

I've actually been in Evelon for a very long time. I already had a different account before this one, tho it was ages ago, it didn't last for very long, and I don't really want to have anything to do with it anymore. And then there's this account, which I made about two, three years ago? Has it already been three years ago? Wow.

I didn't last for long then; have only managed to get a few characters written up in the zoo pen. But now I find myself with lots of free time and not a lot of ways to use it and I thought, hey it's been years since I last RPed. I wonder if any of the old places still exist.

I was genuinely surprised to see that Evelon is still running fine, and with plenty of active players too. Congratulations, guys.

Soo...

How are you folks? Anything nice that's going on? This is my third time starting here, but I think, with the holidays still stretching out to fill the horizon, that it'll last a bit longer. I hope it can last longer. You all seem really friendly.

I've already been playing a bit by myself, but is anyone up to roleplay together? And how did you guys get so many cool pets? I've only been adopting the free pets so far, which are nice, but I'm getting kind of intimidated with all your rares and customs.
PseudoMon
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 155
Donate

Re: Third time's the charm?

Postby Moofius » 06/19/2016 5:00 AM

Hey! Welcome to the site (again)!

Things are alright on my end, that's for sure. c: Evelon's been chugging along, highs and lows, ups and downs, and lots of changes because if you don't change you die. So Evelon's been pretty on top of that, especially recently! The staff has been working super duper hard.

I'd be up for trying to do a RP, might be slow though, can't make any promises. As for cool pets, well, I've been on Evelon for almost 10 years I guess so... :'U I've had LOTS of time to collect pets! We get them from buying from the events (pets are released via holidays and are sold or obtained in other manners through the holiday gift shop when it's up and running) and by spending RL moneys, or winning pets in contests etc. etc.

Lots of people sell and trade their limited pets and~ the Equal Pet Exchange is a good place to pick up a few limited pets for free (because some limited pets are actually pretty common).

Also a custom or special event pet doesn't have to be worth more, in terms of RP, than any other. Many of my favourite characters are unaltered common pets! Lusrd, Sori Lionel, Hanone, Moofius, and Zed, just to name a few!
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1098
Donate

Postby PseudoMon » 06/19/2016 11:11 AM

Ten years, wow! I can't even think of another purely online community that has lasted that long. Or even if they do, the people in it seems to change a lot. Pretty amazing that Evelon's still running this well, especially with the rise of social media and all that. I'm seeing some decline in message board communities, and but that might just be me.

So... I guess I'll hang around and see what happens. I'm already having fun making some characters. My zoo pen might become more word-heavy than my proper roleplays. Whoops.
PseudoMon
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 155
Donate

Postby Thunder » 06/20/2016 11:00 AM

Welcome back! I think I vagueeeely remember seeing you around xD; Lots of things have changed and moved around in these past few years, so don't hesitate to ask questions if you're ever confused about anything!

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate