Why not drop in and say hello to all the members out there. If you're new here and would just like to meet a new friend, or you just happen to be leaving this forum for good, go ahead and post here.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Hellos and Goodbyes

Super new to this type of game, and the game itself.

Postby Qili » 08/07/2016 2:32 AM

Hello guys!

I am very....very overwhelmed and confused on this game. I am reading up on it and researching but if there's any particular important tips or adive you could give... It would very much be appreciated :)

Qili
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 100
Donate

Re: Super new to this type of game, and the game itself.

Postby Mousen » 08/07/2016 2:50 AM

Hi, welcome to the site!

I'm a little confused myself, and this is probably because I just woke up so bear with me! By "game", do you mean Evelon itself, or roleplay forums/pet adoption site in general? I'm assuming it's both by the title of your post?

The general purpose of Evelon is to collect pets, like the Angst Ball in your post there and then RP them on the forum. If you wanted to know how this works/get a feel for it, feel free to look through some roleplays. The RP forums are anything under the EXPLORE (*BARAKKA*) and the EXPLORE (*LAMBASTIA*).

As for collecting pets, you earn KS when you roleplay which can be used to purchase pets, items for your pets, or other cool things. You can purchase these from the Marketplace or from other users in the Advertisesection.

Certain pets, kuhnas, lucain, soveris and paragon are breedable, and breeding them is another way of getting pets. This post goes over how it all works.

I'd also check out the rules and the help section. If you need to ask anyone anything you can either post in the help section or ask a member (like me!) directly! ^^

This is a pretty brief explanation, but I hope it helps!

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby Qili » 08/07/2016 3:29 AM

Hahahah thanks XD Good morning!

Several questions about zoo pens, so it's basically a thingy ma bob to put your pets in? .____. Do they level up or anything?

-Update-

It's okay I think I get it, basically your zoopen is where you put your "actors" in. When you role play depending on the type you can add your own actors or view the others persons zoopen/actors and contribute....

Am I along the right lines?
Qili
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 08/07/2016 3:36 AM

Pets can level up! Each time you make 5 RP posts with them, they gain a level (each post requiring at least 5 sentences). However, it's not super necessary to level them up unless you're planning on joining the war or participating in (very) occasional tournaments. xD  It's a little tedious but it's also kinda fun? You have to update the stats yourself, all of which can be found in the Pet Stats section. Also each RP area gives different buffs to certain stats, but the default is +1 to all stats per level.

Also, hello! :D

And yeah pretty much!! "Pets" is kind of a funny word; it's more like a database for all your characters that other people can view! So "actors" does make a lot of sense. ovo

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 499
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Qili » 08/07/2016 3:40 AM

Okay phewwww, finally got the actual like... foundation of this website lmao. XD Thank you so much <3 <3  :shy:  :shy:
Qili
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 08/07/2016 3:42 AM

It can be a little overwhelming!! Tbh I never update my stats until it's time to enter a pet into a battle, and then I just go back and count up all the posts they were in. xD It's good to keep track of which RPs each pet is in, kinda like I've done with my (new) pen? That way you don't have to worry about updating stats every 5 posts you make. xD

I'm glad Mousen and I could help!! <3

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 499
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...