Why not drop in and say hello to all the members out there. If you're new here and would just like to meet a new friend, or you just happen to be leaving this forum for good, go ahead and post here.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Hellos and Goodbyes

Hello, I'm new!

Postby llamapanic » 10/14/2016 9:08 PM

Hi, I'm new to this role play site, but not new to role play. I'm excited to learn how this role play works luckily I have a friend already on here that is willing to help me figure this out. Also looking forward to making new friends. If it matters  I'm a guy and I'm currently attending college.
llamapanic
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 100
Donate

Re: Hello, I'm new!

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/15/2016 1:57 PM

Hello, hello, and welcome to Evelon!

My name is Toxic! Well, no, not really, but that's what everyone calls me around here. <3 Do you prefer Llama, Panic, or something else?

It's always nice to see new faces! I'm not sure which lovely person is your friend, but I'm sure they'll be quite helpful to you. However, if you have any questions, feel free to throw them out there. You can ask here or in the Help! section, or even PM me, if you'd like. Most members are quite helpful, if you need anything.

There are some places that may be of interest to you, as a new user.

At the moment, Halloween is being celebrated in typical Evelon fashion. There is the Seasonal Specialties shop where your pets/characters can go trick-or-treating. You'll gain either candy or riddle pieces, which can be redeemed at the end of the event for new pets that will be released for this Halloween. The only catch here, though, is that it costs 15 KS per day that you go trick-or-treating.

Additionally, there is a Haunted House roleplay event. Participating will net you some prizes at the end, but you wont know exactly what you'll win until its all over. Prizes may include candy or riddle pieces, which can then be used at the shop, as well other seasonal pets.

There are monthly quests, which all users can participate in. It's a fun, easy way to net some extra KS, and there are opportunities to win other prizes, as well, which usually include different pets, among other things. All prizes for October are appropriately themed, including more candy, and Halloween pets from years past.

This shop awards new users with a free pet from the Seasonal section here, and has an entire section of free pets, as well. You can claim both one free Seasonal pet and one pet from the Free section, if you so wish.

If you're interested in a custom pet, a pet which you get to design, this shop has a special Newbie's Choice Custom Token that is sold at a highly discounted rate for new users. A Custom Token is what is used to purchase a custom pet.

There is also the Wishing Well. Which, just as it sounds, is a place to go to get wishes granted! There aren't many limitations with it. You can wish for new pets, both customs and existing species, KS or GT (the main currencies of Evelon), items, just about anything available on Evelon. The only hitch there is that staff checks to make sure you're active and roleplaying, so you'd have to stop by there once you've actually gotten started.

And, last but not least, lots of users like breeding. There are five breedable species, Kuhna (cats), Lucain (wolves/dogs), Paragon (dragons), Soveris (griffins), and Diosol (winged rabbits). Diosol are a bit special and are more price-y to breed, and take longer to be born than the others. However, as new users may not have pets to breed, users with no or few breedable pets can borrow pets to breed here, free of charge. You don't get to keep the pets you borrow, but you do get to keep the babies that are born after you complete a breeding. Like everything else, though, breedings cost KS.

All that said, KS is earned through roleplaying, at 5 KS per post. If you roleplay at bare minimum (5 sentences per post), that's 1 KS per sentence.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Re: Hello, I'm new!

Postby zapdragon555 » 10/16/2016 10:30 AM

Toxic has you covered!! But welcome to Evelon, friend! What's your major, if you've declared one? ovo

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...