Why not drop in and say hello to all the members out there. If you're new here and would just like to meet a new friend, or you just happen to be leaving this forum for good, go ahead and post here.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Hellos and Goodbyes

Haven't Been Here for a while, dunno how to start

Postby RiDragon » 01/22/2017 1:25 AM

Hey guys!  I mean, I'm technically not new, but I was a heck of a lot younger when I first made this account (2014??  oh my goodness...  I was a baby!).  I found this site again, and although there are some complicated parts and stuff I think I'd really wanna start becoming a part of the community and partake in stuff!  I don't think I was really part of the community before anyways.

Just really wanna know where I should start?  I haven't touched anything on this account yet.  I'm not even sure what I have on it.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless
I will give... I will take

I will feel the stars crash, crash down
RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 700
Donate

Re: Haven't Been Here for a while, dunno how to start

Postby zapdragon555 » 01/22/2017 1:50 AM

Ahh good to see you!! Glad you took my advice huehue welcome back! <3
I see Toxie in this thread as I type and she is way better at giving helpful links and tips than I am, so I will wait for her if she wants to do that xD  If you ever wanna RP, just hit me up!! As far as things that have changed, though, the breeding system got updated, and we have monthly quests now in the Contest Central area!

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/22/2017 1:58 AM

Hello and welcome back! I do recall seeing you around a little while ago, and it's always great when someone comes back around! Everyone around here calls me Toxic~

As for where to start, well, you can check all of your old posts here. You do have a few different pets recorded to your account. You'll be able to find out what you own by searching in the ownership lists. (You have a Sundae Kuhna, some retried pets, and some Chrismas Seasonal pets.) If you'd like, I can send you a PM with the codes for all the pets you own, though. I noticed that you don't have all of them listed in your old pen thread, so you're probably missing a handful of them.

Otherwise, going over the rules again might be a good idea. Checking update threads from the last month might be helpful, as well.

As for some features, well, here we go. I apologize for this wall of text.

If you REALLY want to jump into a roleplay right away, there is ONE slot left in this Christmas roleplay event. It's the very last one, and someone may claim it at any time, so you'll have to hurry if you want to join. It's hosted by one of our own users, with a bit of sponsership from staff. There are some great prizes available!

There are monthly quests, which all users can participate in. It's a fun, easy way to net some extra KS, and there are opportunities to win other prizes, as well, which usually include different pets, among other things.

This shop awards new users (users with less than 100 posts, even if your account is old) with a free pet from the Seasonal section here, and has an entire section of free pets, as well. You can claim both one free Seasonal pet and one pet from the Free section, if you so wish.

If you're interested in a custom pet, a pet which you get to design, this shop has a special Newbie's Choice Custom Token that is sold at a highly discounted rate for new users. A Custom Token is what is used to purchase a custom pet.

There is also the Wishing Well. Which, just as it sounds, is a place to go to get wishes granted! There aren't many limitations with it. You can wish for new pets, both customs and existing species, KS or GT (the main currencies of Evelon), items, just about anything available on Evelon. The only hitch there is that staff checks to make sure you're active and roleplaying, so you'd have to stop by there once you've actually gotten started.

There is an ongoing War event. Throughout the war, special, limited pets are given away, and you can also earn BP for posts in the war area. Once the war is over, you'll be able to use your BP to purchase limited pets, too, that will be released just for the event. You can purchase a war badge here, declaring which side you'd like to participate on.

And, last but not least, lots of users like breeding. There are five breedable species, Kuhna (cats), Lucain (wolves/dogs), Paragon (dragons), Soveris (griffins), and Diosol (winged rabbits). Diosol are a bit special and are more price-y to breed, and take longer to be born than the others. However, as new users may not have pets to breed, users with no or few breedable pets can borrow pets to breed here, free of charge. You don't get to keep the pets you borrow, but you do get to keep the babies that are born after you complete a breeding. Like everything else, though, breedings cost KS.

If you have ANY other questions or need any help, I am more than happy to be of assistance. c:

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/25/2017 1:22 AM

ToxicShadow wrote:Hello and welcome back! I do recall seeing you around a little while ago, and it's always great when someone comes back around! Everyone around here calls me Toxic~

As for where to start, well, you can check all of your old posts here. You do have a few different pets recorded to your account. You'll be able to find out what you own by searching in the ownership lists. (You have a Sundae Kuhna, some retried pets, and some Chrismas Seasonal pets.) If you'd like, I can send you a PM with the codes for all the pets you own, though. I noticed that you don't have all of them listed in your old pen thread, so you're probably missing a handful of them.

Otherwise, going over the rules again might be a good idea. Checking update threads from the last month might be helpful, as well.

As for some features, well, here we go. I apologize for this wall of text.

If you REALLY want to jump into a roleplay right away, there is ONE slot left in this Christmas roleplay event. It's the very last one, and someone may claim it at any time, so you'll have to hurry if you want to join. It's hosted by one of our own users, with a bit of sponsership from staff. There are some great prizes available!

There are monthly quests, which all users can participate in. It's a fun, easy way to net some extra KS, and there are opportunities to win other prizes, as well, which usually include different pets, among other things.

This shop awards new users (users with less than 100 posts, even if your account is old) with a free pet from the Seasonal section here, and has an entire section of free pets, as well. You can claim both one free Seasonal pet and one pet from the Free section, if you so wish.

If you're interested in a custom pet, a pet which you get to design, this shop has a special Newbie's Choice Custom Token that is sold at a highly discounted rate for new users. A Custom Token is what is used to purchase a custom pet.

There is also the Wishing Well. Which, just as it sounds, is a place to go to get wishes granted! There aren't many limitations with it. You can wish for new pets, both customs and existing species, KS or GT (the main currencies of Evelon), items, just about anything available on Evelon. The only hitch there is that staff checks to make sure you're active and roleplaying, so you'd have to stop by there once you've actually gotten started.

There is an ongoing War event. Throughout the war, special, limited pets are given away, and you can also earn BP for posts in the war area. Once the war is over, you'll be able to use your BP to purchase limited pets, too, that will be released just for the event. You can purchase a war badge here, declaring which side you'd like to participate on.

And, last but not least, lots of users like breeding. There are five breedable species, Kuhna (cats), Lucain (wolves/dogs), Paragon (dragons), Soveris (griffins), and Diosol (winged rabbits). Diosol are a bit special and are more price-y to breed, and take longer to be born than the others. However, as new users may not have pets to breed, users with no or few breedable pets can borrow pets to breed here, free of charge. You don't get to keep the pets you borrow, but you do get to keep the babies that are born after you complete a breeding. Like everything else, though, breedings cost KS.

If you have ANY other questions or need any help, I am more than happy to be of assistance. c:

Goodness!  Thank you SO much for all this info.  I am very excited to start up again now!  It'll take me a bit to get the hang of things methinks, but I think I can do it.

I would love to be PMed those codes, I remember I had written them all down myself but it was on my old broken computer.  Thanks so much for offering.  I can't thank you enough!

Oh also, I feel like I remember some descriptions on how pet coloration can affect their personalities?  does that still exist somewhere?  And how can I get a pet from  Khimera Industries, or is that closed now?  
I keep editing this to ask questions aha, but one more thing hopefully, how would I get pets that seem like they can only be found in certain locations?  Do I roleplay there?  I feel like I sorta remember you have to have "hunt" in the name of the thread or something, and maybe you'll find one?  I don't remember, aahh.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 01/25/2017 4:39 AM

I am glad to be of service! <3

I've sent over all the codes just now.

Since users have never had to use the pet or color descriptions, they really only existed to help with inspiration but can be entirely ignored, it's mostly been scraped. The list still exists, with some hunting, but it's not directly available on the updated version of the website. However, if you scroll over "Adopt," on the forum header when logged in, you can navigate to the website and see descriptions about different species. Though, again, you don't have to use them when it comes to developing a character, if you don't want to.

Khimera Industries, as an individual shop, has closed down. However, Khimeras (and all the other non-breedables, as well as Kuhnas) can be bought as customs in the shop I already linked you to. (The one that sells custom tokens.)

Hunting for wild pets was also recently revamped. It's more laid back now, in my opinion. You can submit almost any roleplay as a hunt; you don't need to mark them now. There is actually a shop where you go to submit threads as hunts, with the hope of finding something. (It doesn't cost anything to submit a roleplay, but you can only submit one every two weeks, and you CAN buy items that may help you find certain pets.) The details are better explained in the shop, with links to full hunting info, as well as a list of available wild pets.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/25/2017 2:53 PM

ToxicShadow wrote:I am glad to be of service! <3

I've sent over all the codes just now.

Since users have never had to use the pet or color descriptions, they really only existed to help with inspiration but can be entirely ignored, it's mostly been scraped. The list still exists, with some hunting, but it's not directly available on the updated version of the website. However, if you scroll over "Adopt," on the forum header when logged in, you can navigate to the website and see descriptions about different species. Though, again, you don't have to use them when it comes to developing a character, if you don't want to.

Khimera Industries, as an individual shop, has closed down. However, Khimeras (and all the other non-breedables, as well as Kuhnas) can be bought as customs in the shop I already linked you to. (The one that sells custom tokens.)

Hunting for wild pets was also recently revamped. It's more laid back now, in my opinion. You can submit almost any roleplay as a hunt; you don't need to mark them now. There is actually a shop where you go to submit threads as hunts, with the hope of finding something. (It doesn't cost anything to submit a roleplay, but you can only submit one every two weeks, and you CAN buy items that may help you find certain pets.) The details are better explained in the shop, with links to full hunting info, as well as a list of available wild pets.
Thank you SO much, I feel like I understand stuff a lot more now.  I'm super excited!!  Definitely saving this thread in my bookmarks for reference.  You've been super helpful, thanks so much!

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 01/29/2017 10:29 PM

You mentioned that I can only submit RPs as hunts every two weeks, does that mean I can only find a wild pet every two weeks?

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate