Possibly the rainiest place on Evelon, Baian stretches for miles along the southern coasts. Thanks to the moist soil rich in minerals, wildlife here have developed unique adaptations. To travel through this thick, muddy area, most either take specially designed boats. (+2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baian Swamp

Challenge 24 B - Lizard... Extracts... [DONE]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/13/2012 3:46 PM

Bane waited patiently at the kitchen table. Monday already, who would have expected? He drummed his fingers as he waited nervously, expectantly... It was time for another challenge, and after the last one, he dreaded to think what he would be made to do next. As long as it didn't involve moonlings, he was happy with it. He may not have been so happy if he knew what awaited him...
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2056
Donate

Re: Challenge 24 B - Lizard... Extracts...

Postby Kylo » 05/13/2012 9:54 PM

Talcen looked down at the address he had been given and grinned. He had been given to oppertunity to give someone a challenge and a challenge he would give. Quite a nasty challenge too, if he did say so himself. Marching up to the front door with a mischevious grin on his face he pulled the envelope out of his pocket and stuffed it under the door. He rang the doorbell then ran like mad. he didn't want anyone to find out it was him who had given Bane such a nasty challenge, afterall he could get in big trouble for it. The letter was as follows:
Dearest Bane,
I challenge you to within the nest twenty four hours to drink one eight ounce glass of lizard urine. Have fun and don't get too sick~

You can't wake up, this is not a dream
You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen
Low on self-esteem, so you run on gasoline

I think there's a flaw in my code
(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)
These voices won't leave me alone
Well, my heart is gold and my hands are cold

Are you deranged like me?
Are you strange like me?
Lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me?
Do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?
Pointing fingers 'cause you'll never take the blame like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 269
Donate

Re: Challenge 24 B - Lizard... Extracts...

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/14/2012 8:13 PM

Bane read the note, and sighed deeply. A glass of lizard urine... wait, do lizards pee? Like, actual liquid?

Bane went over to his computer, and typed in his question in the search engine. The results he got almost made him vomit right there and then.

"Lizards do not urinate in the traditional sense. Their bladder is joined onto their rectum, and the urine is expelled as a crystalline substance on the faeces."

Oh crumbs... so he not only had to obtain the lizard urine, he had to scrape the crystals off the...ugh, and then he had to dissolve it in water... This was not going to be a good day for him.

"Time to get started" he groaned, as he left the house.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

1st hour

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/17/2012 10:48 AM

Right, I just want to say I'm not happy about this one. Not one tiny little bit. I've already made arrangements to go to Medecai hospital straight after this is done, because I stupidly decided to read up on the stuff you can get from... drinking... this stuff, and it's nasty. I'll be lucky if I manage to keep it down.

I'm currently searching for some sort of reptilian which can be classed as a lizard, in order to actually get hold of some of it's expelled...well, you know what the task is. I need about a third of a glass of crystalline scrapings, so... Yeah, wish me luck. Gonna take a lot of lizards. Bane out.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

2nd hour

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/17/2012 10:55 AM

Nobody ever tells you how difficult it is to find a lizard just lying around, minding its own business, waiting for you to pick it up. I've been searching for two hours now, and I haven't found a single one that isn't smaller than my nose. I need a relatively big one, otherwise I won't be able to remove the crystals from its droppings... Ugh, just saying that made me want to unload my lunch.

I'm hoping to find something like an Icthysaur, or something around the same size anyway... Relatively big, but not too massive - I don't want to have to dig through too much dung. Bane out.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

3rd hour

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/17/2012 11:07 AM

...Wow, I didn't know lizards were so hard to find. I've been checking under rocks, and bushes, and in cracks in stones and still nothing. I've taken to doing this, because I figured that if there were any large lizards around I would see them - It's kind of hard to miss something the size of me, after all.

The fact that it's a swamp doesn't really help... I guess lizards don't particularly like places where they can get sucked into mud. It doesn't really bother me, but then again I have the mudpaw mark... i'm going to carry on searching. There has to be a lizard somewhere around here, right? Bane out.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

4th hour

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/17/2012 11:12 AM

Oh crumbs... let's just say I found my lizard. Well, less of a lizard, more of a giant freaking battleheart. I now have one of two choices, and I don't like either of them... I can avoid it, and hopefully find a smaller, less likely-to-eat-me lizard, or I can try my luck with this one. I don't think it would really appreciate me showing up and trying to take some of it's dung, but... Four hours searching, and this is the first lizard I've seen that I won't need a microscope to gather it's dung... Actually, I don't think I have a choice after all. Bane out.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

5th hour

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/26/2012 1:03 PM

I've been waiting for the battleheart to fall asleep so I can sneak up on to it's dung heap. I don't particularly want to risk being eaten, quite frankly, even for a challenge... It's incredibly hot, and the fog of flies is so thick you could cut it with a knife... That battleheart better go to sleep soon. I can't take any more of this waiting. Bane out.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

6th hour

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/26/2012 1:38 PM

Still waiting; I think the battleheart knows I'm here. I saw it sniffing the air, before it roared till the trees shook... I don't want to seem like a threat, and I really don't want to get chased by it, but I can't keep looking for other lizards that aren't there... I have to stick it out, I don't really have a choice. I don't know what's worse; all this waiting, or what I know is waiting for me in the end... Bane out.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

7th hour

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/26/2012 5:18 PM

Finally! It fell asleep! Now's my chance; I'm planning to sneak up to the dung heap and scrape the crystals off there, rather than carry the dung itself away. Wish me luck; if it wakes up, I'm toast... So I'll get the crystals, get as far away as I can, dilute them and then... drink it... I swear, I am never accepting a challenge like this again. Bane out.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

8th hour

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/26/2012 6:19 PM

... That was possibly the scariest moment of my entire life. The damn battleheart snored - yes, snored, and scared the living daylights out of me. I almost screamed, and that would have been the end of me. But I got the damn crystals, and I got clean(ish) away. Now I just need to find some water that doesn't look like something died in it yesterday... In a swamp. Great. Bane out.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

9th hour

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/26/2012 6:42 PM

If it gets to the twelfth hour, and I haven't found any agreeable water, I'll swallow the crystals dry. Yeah, you wish... I think I'd rather drink sludge than stick this stuff in my mouth... It stinks, even in crystal form. I have to force myself not to gag whenever I get a whiff... Why did I ever think this would be a good idea? Bane out.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

10th hour

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/27/2012 12:24 PM

Still looking for an agreeable source of water... But it's getting really dark now, and I keep hearing... sounds, like something squelching up behind me... I need to find a place to camp out till morning. Maybe get some sleep, if I'm really lucky... Though I doubt it, especially with this feeling of something creeping up behind me. And I still need to dilute this... I'm debating putting it off for as long as I can, or getting it over with quickly. I'm not sure what's worse; the experience or the anticipation. Bane out.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

11th hour

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 09/30/2013 9:22 PM

Ok, so I've rigged a sort of...hammock...type thing in a tree, and it seems to be holding up. It's a vast improvement from being down there, I'll tell you. I finally gave up on finding clean water, and decided to just use the stagnant filth I was wading through... when it began to rain. I've never been one for religion, but even I thought it was a blessing from the gods. I've strung my waterskin up, and I'm letting it collect the rain - hopefully there'll be enough to dilute the crystals and was away the taste afterwards; I have a feeling I'm not going to enjoy this one bit. Ilanthys out.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

12th Hour

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 03/31/2015 8:27 PM

You know the saying 'too much of a good thing?' well, I'm beginning to believe in it. It's been raining for an hour and it keeps getting heavier. It's dark, too, so I can't see how deep it's rising. Everything I have with me is strung up in the tree though, so that's all right - but rain means no fire, so no cooked food. Probably just as well; the crystals have dissolved in the cantine, so it'll be bottoms up before long - and the emptier my stomach is, the better. Ilanthys out.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next