Go ahead and roleplay about other things (like MML, Neopets, Subeta, or Pokemon) here! Just about anything you can roleplay is allowed here (but stick to Evelon's rating, please). ^.^

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Other Roleplaying!

Re: The City of Gyptia {P}

Postby Wolfie_Barrow » 07/16/2009 6:36 PM

Wolfie swallowed. The girl had asked her about her home town. She rubbed her temple, trying to push away thought that she didn't want to invade her head.

"Er..." Her chest felt tight. "I, uh, I'm a werewolf." She heard a gasp and turned her head slightly to see Chouko staring at the girl.

It wasn't just any stare.

Chouko was reading someone's mind, and there was something there that either surprised her or frightened her.

"Chouko," Wolfie said, touching the girl's shoulder...

The sting of a blade caught her by surprise. Wolfie stumbled backwards, gaping at Chouko in disbelief. The girl had a wild, crazed look in her eyes. One of her many knifes was gripped in her hand, so tight that her knuckles were white.

Chouko blinked and she looked down at her hand, dropping the dagger in disgust. "Ah- I'm sorry." She stepped forward hesitantly, reaching her hand up towards Wolfie's face and then dropping it. A crowd was started to form.

"What- what was it?"

Chouko frowned. "I... I found something..." she paused.

"Go on."

"I found something rather unexpected."

"From who, the girl?" she jerked her head in Winter's direction.

Chouko shook her head. "Someone here wants you and your friend dead."
All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, Worn out faces
Bright and early for the daily races
Going no where, Going no where
Their tears are filling up their glasses
No expression, No expression
Hide my head I wanna drown my sorrow
No tomorrow, No tomorrow
And I find I kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I’m dying are the best I’ve ever had
I find it hard to tell you, I find it hard to take
When people run in circles its a very, very
Mad world

Image Image
Wolfie_Barrow
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items

Postby Indigo » 07/16/2009 7:00 PM

Winter glared at Chouko. "I'm not here to kill anyone! Sheesh, no one likes us half-breeds," was exactly what she didn't say. She did, however, transmit this thought to Blink, who growled. Then, to Indigo's surprise, he spoke.

"Any killers shall be dispatched accordingly," he said, in a voice that carried the echoes of centuries. Or something. Winter stared at him. True, hellhounds were ancient beings, but still...

"I have nothing against werewolves," Winter said, trying to lighten the conversation. "And...I saw you looking at this." She held up the dagger. "I found it in a burned-out town somewhere, years ago. I have no idea where it came from or whose crest this might be."

There was an wkward silence.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Postby Wolfie_Barrow » 07/16/2009 7:04 PM

"Burned?" Wolfie murmured, running a hand through her hair.

"I didn't say you were thinking about killing Wolfie and her friend. Someone else is having murderous thoughts." Chouko turned to Wolfie.

She glanced at the dagger. "May I... Can I see that?"

Chouko sighed. "Did anyone hear a word I just said?"

"Sh," Wolfie said, putting a hand over her mouth.
No tomorrow, No tomorrow
Mad world

Image Image
Wolfie_Barrow
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items

Postby Indigo » 07/17/2009 3:48 PM

"Um...sure." Winter handed over the dagger. "Um." So now what do I say? Geez, this wasn't supposed to go like this. All I wanted to do was talk to Indigo, but nooo. Stupid city of chance. I want to go back to Malicorne.She looked up toward the sky as Blink rumbled sympathetically.And if one of the elven comes down here, I am going to be so...

Indigo tapped her shoulder. "Hey, Winter, do you know him?" Winter's head whipped around, braids swinging wildly. There was a boy sitting on the curb, watching them with luminous gray eyes. His hair was also gray, and it stuck out every which way, making him look like a startled porcupine. He was wearing a long tan traveling cloak with a hood. This covered a greenish tunic and knee-length brown pants. Like Winter, he wore no shoes. Unlike Winter, his skin was pale green.

"No," Winter said. "That's a nymphling. Bet he wants to be your apprentice, 'Go."

As if on cue, the nymphling started to walk toward them. Winter ignored him and watched Wolfie.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wolfie_Barrow » 07/17/2009 5:25 PM

She handled the dagger with care, turning it over in her hand, over and over, staring at it with wide eyes. Chouko was muttering to herself, trying to put some kind of healing cream on Wolfie's face. It felt cold as ice and she flinched away, her normal careless and cheerful emotions swallowed whole by a feeling of panic and hopelessness. She had hidden away her past for so long, and so far things had gone well- why did everything have to suddenly be unburied now? It had been years- possibly centuries because she grew so slowly. She glared down at the symbol- two arrows crossed over a Celtic knotwork B- her last name used to be Barrow. She turned it over again, looking more closely, and noticed for the first time two words that struck her like a stab to the stomach.

Ahir Barrow

She dropped the dagger as if it had bitten her and her eyes flickered to Indigo's face. "That dagger belonged to my father. It belonged... It..." She took a deep breath. "My father tried to kill me with that dagger."
No tomorrow, No tomorrow
Mad world

Image Image
Wolfie_Barrow
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items

Postby Indigo » 07/17/2009 10:50 PM

There was a short, unpleasant silence. It was filled by Lysander, who said, "Awk-waaaard..."

"Shut up," Indigo muttered, fighting the urge to kick him. No one moved to pick up the dagger. Both she and Winter had completely forgotten about the nymphling, which was probably a good thing at the moment. He was watching them with interest and had decided that now would be a very bad time to interrupt and try to talk to the one with the blue aura. Or any of them, really.

Winter was looking everywhere but at Wolfie. "I don't--I didn't--I wasn't--uh." She tokk a deep breath and tried again. "I..."

Indigo shook her head, and Winter fell silent. "I don't think anyone meant to bring up anything like this," she said quietly. "Do you...do you want to talk about it, or should we just move on?"

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wolfie_Barrow » 07/17/2009 11:00 PM

Wolfie swallowed and shook her head, as if trying to shake away memories. "It was the night I turned for the first time." She laughed bitterly. "I don't even remember what I did... My name was Aubrey back then..." She ran a hand through her hair.

Turning to Chouko she said, "Why don't you... go home... I don't need you in my head right now."

Chouko nodded. "I think I've seen enough." She started to walk away, but then she stopped, abruptly, and started glancing around. She muttered to herself under her breath, and then, placing a hand on one of her many knives, headed off.

Wolfie took a deep breath. "Er... let's... keep going." Without look at it, she picked up the dagger. "Do you want this back, or should I keep it?"
No tomorrow, No tomorrow
Mad world

Image Image
Wolfie_Barrow
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items

Postby Indigo » 07/18/2009 4:46 PM

Winter took the dagger, looked at it, and dropped it in the gutter. "I don't want this anymore." She pulled a thin chain out of her pocket and clipped it to Blink's collar, muttering to herself. "I hate when these things happen." She stalked away, Blink following her closely.

Indigo watched her go. "Um...it's not much farther to the Workshop. Just a few blocks that way." She pointed vaguely. "So..." Lysander poked her with his nose. "Hey! What--uh..."

The nymphling boy was right behind her. He was watching her, studying her movements. He opened his mouth, but no words came out, only a haunting music. The notes almost hung in the air, shimmering silver.

"What's he doing?" Indigo hissed.

"Singing," Lysander replied. "It's what nymphlings do. Where have you been?"

"Discworld, mostly." Indigo stared at the boy. He had stopped singing and was looking perplexed. He seemed to remember something.

"Is this your...language? The...way you...talk?" he asked with difficulty. He kept interrupting himself in short bursts of music. "I am...not used to...it."

"Er." Indigo blinked.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wolfie_Barrow » 07/18/2009 10:35 PM

Wolfie picked up the dagger, muttering to herself something about, "Might as well make a profit out of it." She watched the strange boy in aw. She'd seen elves- and now half-elves- and she'd also seen mermaids and dryads, but she had never seen a nymph before. Curious creatures.

She glanced around and, taking out the thoughts she had put in her pocket, she noticed a store across the street that looked fairly interesting. She would look around a bit while Indigo spoke with the nymph boy.

Stepping inside, she felt a gust of warm air, smelling like a mix of herbs. She took a deep breath and began to browse around.
No tomorrow, No tomorrow
Mad world

Image Image
Wolfie_Barrow
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items

Postby Indigo » 07/22/2009 7:43 PM

Indigo sighed. "Distractions, distractions," she muttered. "Uh, look, kid--" A strange thing to say; he couldn't have been much younger than her. "--I don't know who you are, but--"

"Roebuck Anthler," he said promptly. It sounded rehearsed.

Indigo blinked. "What?"

"Roebuck Anthler is my name," he explained. "You said...you did not know...who I was."

"Uh, okay." Indigo glared at him. "Well, anyway, kid, I don't know or care what you want, but you need to stop distracting me. Please go away." She turned and strode purposefully after Wolfie, followed closely by Lysander. Roebuck waited until they were inside the store, then walked around the back of the building.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wolfie_Barrow » 07/22/2009 8:25 PM

Wolfie watched Indigo enter the shop and nodded. "Let's go."

"Oh, you're not leaving." A knife pressed against her throat from behind, the voice smug. She froze, visibly turning pale.

"End," she hissed. "Let me go."

"My mother insists that you accept her invitation that you rejoin the pack."

"Mother? You're more like Ahir's messenger than son."

"Ouch." The knife disappeared and a boy with dark haired stepped out from behind her, grinning sadistically. "That burned."

""I refuse to rejoin the pack. You know why."

"We've changed, Aubrey."

She slapped him. "My name is Wolfie now. Don't you dare call me Aubrey."

He chuckled, still grinning. "My mother told me to tell you, 'Thorn is waiting'."

Wolfie swallowed. "I refuse, End." She turned to Indigo. "Let's go."
No tomorrow, No tomorrow
Mad world

Image Image
Wolfie_Barrow
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items

Postby Indigo » 07/22/2009 8:40 PM

Indigo blinked. "Uh...I think maybe it would be a good idea if we...actually went to the Workshop now?" She pushed the door open and came face to face with Roebuck.

"Stop. Stalking. Me. What part of this do you not understand?" Indigo snapped.

"You stalk people," Lysander pointed out, earning him a kick in the ribs. "Ow! Stop doing that!"

"I've only done it once today."

"I believed previously that I was...proving myself by following you," Roebuck said. "I only wished to be your apprentice."

"Oh." I hate this million-to-one chance thingy, Indigo thought. "Sure. But stop being all formal like that."

"Okay." Roebuck looked up the street. Suddenly seeming fluent in English, or whatever they were speaking, he said, "I think it's that way."

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wolfie_Barrow » 07/22/2009 8:46 PM

Wolfie followed Indigo, eager to get away from End. He was close at her heels so she spun around, striking him again, this time with her fist. "I told you to go away."

He laughed. "You've gotten stronger, Aubrey."

"I told you to stop calling me that!" She turned and continued following Indigo. She walking quickly, ignoring the small comments he began to make about how she'd changed.
No tomorrow, No tomorrow
Mad world

Image Image
Wolfie_Barrow
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items

Postby Indigo » 07/24/2009 12:47 AM

After a block or so, the Workshop was in view. It was a two-story building, painted yellow with lavender trim. That looked kind of odd, because the buildings around it were far less cheerful, usually gray or brown. Half of the top floor had glass walls, the other half was solid, and, though you couldn't see it from here, there was a wall between the two. The ground floor was nothing special. It didn't even have any windows. It looked a bit like a terribly cheerful prison, and someone had painted a rainbow over the do--

No, wait, that was the asylum from one of the outlying islands or something. Wrong page. Er...oh, yes.

The Workshop was a two-story building, but it was unusual in many respects. For example, it had been built by stretching dark green canvas over wooden poles. But it was a nice house, all things considered. There were some intricate indigo patterns covering it, interrupted only by the double doors and the window on the top floor*.

"Welcome to the Workshop," Indigo said uncertainly. "What do you think?"

*Look, I'm sorry if it sounds dull, but you run out of good ideas at a certain point. Architecture isn't my thing. And Roebuck likes it.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wolfie_Barrow » 07/24/2009 1:05 AM

Wolfie grinned. "It's green."

"Is that still you're favorite color?"

"Go away End." She turned to Indigo. "Let's go in, and make sure he stays out."

"Wow," he giggled. "You can't possibly hate me that much."

She glared at him, her eyes blazing with a cold fire. "Do you want me to express just how much I hate you? Or should I just continue hitting you until you get the picture on your own?"

End laughed. "Oh, I'm sure you-"

"Oi!" a deep and angry voice sliced through the air, a pale, scarred hand coming to rest on End's shoulder. He was spun around, coming face to face with narrowed red eyes and wild black hair.

Grim was exceptionally beaten that day. His black clothes were tattered and dirty, bruises and cuts detailing his arms and legs. His haired was matted and tangled, and he had a black eye. Needless to say, he had probably lost whatever fight had taken place.

"Leave her alone," he growled, his sharp nails clawing into End's shoulder, who seemed unfazed.

"Hm? Is this your guard dog, Aubrey?"

"I told you! Call me- you know what? Don't say my name at all."

With just a few movements, End was sprawled on the sidewalk across the street. He tried to lift himself up off the ground, but collapsed on his back with a groan.

"Good work, Grim," Wolfie said. "Now let's go inside."
No tomorrow, No tomorrow