Go ahead and roleplay about other things (like MML, Neopets, Subeta, or Pokemon) here! Just about anything you can roleplay is allowed here (but stick to Evelon's rating, please). ^.^

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Other Roleplaying!

Re: -PRIVATE- Test Run In

Postby Jaykobell » 07/30/2009 10:44 PM

So she can say no, but just... won't? But why? She rights and stuff, why not just say no if she didn't want to do something? But then again, if Moofius worked for her family as an employee, then much like Shrewd, she couldn't just say to everything, and some things just had to get done. Cause... when you say no to your boss, it usually doesn't end well for you. Maybe that was why they kept on making Shrewd's life so difficult back there. But, back on topic now! Their business, what was it? "Air conditioning? Seriously?" Ooh, she had to wonder if any of the ACs from the organization were from Moofius's family's business, then. "So what's your part in the business? Do you deliver them or... something?" Yeah, what do you do in an AC company? She giggled loudly when Moofius spoke in that creepy Halloween voice and wiggled her fingers. Shrewd was much like a kid and got easily amused by pretty much everything. She grinned and stuck her tongue out in amusement (which she seemed to do whenever she was pleased or embarrassed). Usually she didn't have that much fun talking to a stranger! "Yeah, that's pretty much what meetings are all about. Thankfully I don't get involved in that many important meetings." She puffed her cheeks as Moofius looked away. "They don't trust me with important stuff."

Blend in? Well... It was hard to blend in, right? Even when you have a normal name, a normal job, a normal everything... when you're too normal, people don't want you either. But when you're not normal enough, people look at you funny and don't want to include you. "Well... I think everybody has a hard time blending in. I think I'm fine in the town, I chat with people and stuff, and that's a lot of fun. But the job is just... it's lame, you know what I mean? They're never satisfied and they're always complaining, and I don't really stick with anybody." She wasn't complaining, her tone hinted that she was sort of just... contemplating her lifestyle. Hey, she didn't like the dudes, so she didn't want to stick with them. It was her choice, right? She wouldn't whine about it, she made things that way. If she wanted friends in the organization, she'd just had to try to find them. It wasn't a priority, though, so. "Personally, I think you're just fine the way you are~" she assured Moofius with a smile and a nod, putting her hands behind her back. "People who try to change themselves or anything just to meddle with the general community are the losers, if you ask me. Just be yourself as much as possible and see where that leads you. That's my take on it." You can't just lie to people and expect to fool them forever. And it's usually obvious when someone is trying to be "cool" or "popular."

At the mention of the nicknames Moofius had given to certain members of her family, Shrewd couldn't help but to suddenly burst into laughter. She immediately put her hands over her mouth. "I'm sorry! I'm not laughing at you, but those names..." She giggled a bit again. Well, seeing as Shrewd had nobody to call a family (or anybody to call a friend or something) nobody really had a nickname. "It's cute, though! It is. I don't have anyone to call anything silly." There was a pause. OH! "Oh! But you know! We should totally become friends! And then whenever you would come back around Nabias I could stalk you and I could give you a silly nickname!" Well, she wouldn't really stalk Moofius per se, but she meant that she'd definitely hang out with her. She did seem pretty serious about becoming friends though. Moofius would actually be Shrewd's first friend. An actual friend and not just a coworker.

"Oooh, so you own pets, seriously?" She was so lucky! If there was one thing she'd forever remember from her childhood, it would be how amazing and kind the wild pets were. Well, true, some of them had tried to eat, attack, and hurt her before; but a lot had been really nice and sweet to her, some even bringing her food now and then. "I really want a pet, but the organization won't let me get any." She crossed her arms and puffed her cheeks. "Even if yours are always humans and all; they're still pets, kinda. I'd really love a pet." That pet could keep her company and stuff, you know? She had plushies (yeah, she did. ... Stop judging her!), but they weren't very... talkative and stuff, you know? Objects don't talk back to you like people do, and they don't interact with you like animals do.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Moofius » 07/30/2009 11:33 PM

"Erm... Not delivery. Or I have a van and stuff, "Moofius laughed, "Like I said the meeting is for a deal with some hot-shot guy we want to go through. We're having an informal meeting to... discuss some things. I'm basically playing messenger."
Her talents were being wasted but then everyone back home was terrified of her, they didn't really know what to do with her. Sending her out like this kept her out of their way, she couldn't break stuff there if she wasn't there, right? Probably wrong but whatever made them feel better.
"Man, I know how that feels. We are two very under appreciated ladies. We should rebel!" she laughed, joking again. She could never do that.

"No, I don't think people have a problem blending in, the genral populace... Heck the term 'general populace' exists because we can exist as a mass without our individual traits. We have them, sure but the humans can just blend among themselves. Even... I dunno my family are all... MY family but they... They wouldn't look at me and them.... Anyway." subject change she was NOT going there. Gawd she was such a misfit everywhere. Even as an experiment she couldn't be lumped together with them! GAWD!
Emo rant complete. Moving on!
"Erm... Thanks..." She wasn't sure how to even... respond to that. Of course Shrewd only knew one side of her... Which was a weird side for her mostly. Friendly wasn't her strong point. Weirdly enough she wasn't completely faking it anymore, either.

When Shrewd mentioned becoming friends she hid of stiffened, looking around nervously over her shoulders. Up down, all direction, her shoulders hunched a bit, hands together looking to be in a knotted mess of anxiety.
"I er... Ah... Friends? Well I mean... I'm never in Nabias. I'm usually all over the place you know it might not work."
She seemed to be dodging the option a bit, looking fidgety and... scared? That wasn't her, at least not what Shrewd had seen.
"Wait did you say Organization?"
They'd just gotten to the corner of Maple Street when Shrewd had mentioned this. Moofius wasn't purposefully trying to change the subject... Okay, well, maybe a little. But this honestly WAS important.
"The Human Organization?"
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1098
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 07/31/2009 12:08 AM

"Ooh. I guess that's true. ACs have got to be heavy." Yeah, you can't really carry those things by yourself, right? Even a man would have a hard time carrying an AC all by himself. Especially if they were men like the ones Shrewd knew. HAH. Laughter in her head ensues. Now that was a funny image. Little human scientist getting squished by an AC. Now she was the one trying not to laugh her head off in public. But at the mention of rebellion, Shrewd stopped grinning for not apparent reason to look back at Moofius. "We are! You know, I tried telling my boss how he was such a wuss a few times," she admitted, crossing her arms. There was a pause. "He threatened to kick me out so I shut up, actually." Well, she would've defended her case had it not been for that. "Well, I'd been on his back for a long while, actually. And then I told him to stop being such a wussy idiot and he got upset. I don't have anywhere else to go, so... I guess it was lame to back down, but I don't wanna screw my life over because of an argument, you know?" The thought actually scared her a bit. What if she actually got fired? She had no idea how society works, how to get a job, how to pay for stuff, how to get an apartment or a house, how to care for it. She had no idea how to live in society on her own, so staying with the organization was pretty much her only choice.

After that, though, there seemed to be a.... change in Moofius's behavior. She dropped the subject of blending into society, and she had somewhat become reserved a bit when Shrewd mentioned becoming friends and how Moofius was just fine the way she was. But she wasn't lying, so was Moofius just not believing her? "I'm honest, really. No matter what or who you are, you're fine just the way you are." Some people denied that because they had low self-esteem and stuff. And while Shrewd had a slight problem with her self-esteem, she didn't like seeing or hearing people saying bad things about themselves.

Oh... True, Moofius did say she was always on the road. Well, that could get troublesome, true. "Hmm, well... We could send letters or something. You know, I could send them to your family's company. You gotta go there now and then, right?" She seemed really hyped (and happy) over the idea, but Moofius seemed... well, not uninterested, but she seemed... dodgy, for lack of a better word. Why? Having friends meant you could blend in, right? Shrewd tilted her head to the side questioningly. "What's wrong? You look all uncertain and stuff. Did I say something wrong?" She sure hoped not! She didn't want to make Moofius uncomfortable or anything.

But then the conversation turned around as they reached Maple Street. Oh! Already? "Human Organization?" Shrewd blinked and turned slightly to face Moofius. "Oh! Oh... Yeah, that's where I work. And live, for that matter..." She wrapped her arms behind her head and looked away. "I think we have a bad reputation around some places, so I try to avoid saying I work for them." Kinda lame, considering everything they'd done for her. But, eh. "Why do you ask?"
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 07/31/2009 1:39 AM

Moofius was happy to ignore all previous conversations and topics (especially that "becoming friends" thing). She cared too much about this kid already to allow her to become Thinks latest "fun way to hurt Moofius".
"Er, well... I hope you're not terribly upset with me about this Shrewd, but I had to tell a couple of lies. Let me start over." The cow anthro stuck her hand out, offering it for a shake.
"My name is Moofius, I was sent here to meet you Shrewd, from the Human Organization. I work with the Original Thought and I am Chaos."

Shocker/Plot twist? Darn tootin!
They hadn't even gotten to the cafe.

(( FEAR the shorteness!))

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 07/31/2009 1:59 AM

And then suddenly every conversation was ignored and pushed aside to reveal.... quite a few things, actually. Moofius hadn't actually been born and raised in Lambastia, her family didn't make air conditioners, Moofius wasn't human but Chaos (Shrewd wasn't quite sure what those were, she had only heard the name), and apparently Shrewd was the one Moofius was supposed to meet. Oh, and Moofius was from the Original Thought (again, no idea what that is, just heard the name from the superiors). ... Well. That was a lot, right? Oh, not to say Shrewd didn't believe that, but it was... sudden. Her reaction was to blinked, cross her arms, and stare at Moofius for a short while. "Well... I don't understand why you lied to begin with," she mused as she tilted her head to the side questioningly. You know, why lie? Well, Shrewd was still a stranger, technically, and you don't always want to tell your life to some random stranger, right? "But I guess that we don't know each other, so technically you have the right to not tell me stuff about you and all. I guess you had your reasons to hide all that stuff. I don't think most humans would even know what the Original Thought and the Chaos are... Even I don't really know."

There was a pause. And then she smiled sweetly and shook Moofius's hand, seemingly just fine with the whole thing. She didn't seem upset at all, and even if she didn't quite understand why Moofius had lied, she figured that, you know, it didn't really matter. She wasn't going to let that issue get nasty. "Well, either way, it's okay. Even if just for the next few minutes, we're friends, right?" Could people from the Original Thought and Human Organization be friends? Shrewd had no idea; but she figured that, you know, nobody had the right to tell her who could and couldn't be her friend. She had the right to choose her friends for herself. "Well, you already know who I am, I guess. We can just cut the formalities." Formalities were for losers! Sort of. Shrewd thought that she had talked with Moofius enough so that they didn't need formalities. "So I guess the message is what I gotta bring back? What is it about?"

Would she actually manage to complete an errand without screwing up? Why, yes, apparently so.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 07/31/2009 2:08 AM

She honestly felt bad but.
"The general human populace doesn't know squat about eh Chaos, the gods... well, out side of religion but that's treated more as fiction then fact. They don't know these things. Your organization knows a lot if not all of it. I guess since you're errand girl they might not have told you. Hush hush and all that." She smiled, "I'm really sorry to have lied but that's what I gotta' do. Nothing personal. I would have told you if I had known who you'd worked for. And... Yah, for the next few minutes." Even that felt scary, dangerous, wrong even. Those few minutes, if Think was around. That's all he needed.

"Alright, yah. Lets get to the cafe and I'll tell you what I was sent to tell you. To be honest I really don't think we should be trusting this to you guys but the Leader says to tell you guys so... Yes, I'm stuck. So remember, hush hush, top secret. Report it to your boss... guy. Nobody else, right? I trust you... And obviously they must think pretty highly of you to send you out for this little mission. I mean, I might have eaten you."

-END...?-

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous