Go ahead and roleplay about other things (like MML, Neopets, Subeta, or Pokemon) here! Just about anything you can roleplay is allowed here (but stick to Evelon's rating, please). ^.^

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Other Roleplaying!

Test RP [Private]

Postby Jaykobell » 08/01/2009 9:03 PM

Aldrect! It was such a pretty city! No, seriously. It's a beautiful city.

Considering she had gotten some unexpected holiday from the organization (maybe they had finally gotten tired of her constant nagging), Shrewd figured that exploring the continent would be fun. Lambastia sounded a bit scary to her, and she had already seen the bridge. The next spot to visit would be, well, Aldrect. Right here!

Of course, she'd started by visiting the large fountain at the middle of the city. She had also spotted the tall white buildings as she got there, and the general feeling coming from the city was just... well, awesome! She had arrived just recently and she was already feeling so invigorated with energy. The place was pretty, big, and wonderful. And most of all, there were a few particular things that made Aldrect the cool city that it is. And those things were none other than the cathedrals. While Shrewd wasn't a huge adept of the religion (it wasn't something she had grown up with, after all), but a lot of people liked it a lot (from what she'd heard) and it was always a curious thing. Just what is religion? You know?

Once she was done visiting most of the place (which had taken a few days, mind you), Shrewd figured it was finally time to visit the best place of the whole town. So once she had gotten some directions and everything she needed, she headed off to the Aldrect cathedral to check out that religion thing.

The first thing she noticed was that... it was made out of shininess. The whole thing! Seriously! Whoever had made the thing seriously liked anything shiny. Only that was enough to captivate Shrewd and to motivate her (even more) to get inside to visit the cathedral. And inside.... yeah! More shiny! Everywhere! It was all pretty and... and shiny. Yeah! And all those benches lined up towards the back of the place, that was pretty too. Shrewd quickly dashed for the back of the cathedral to take a look at anything they had; you know, old papers or candles or stuff like that.

It would be fuuuuuun.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Re: Test RP [Private]

Postby Kodai » 08/02/2009 7:05 AM

Sight-seeing... That was what they called it, yes? Going to a place to see the sights. Still, he wasn't all too thrilled. A city meant a sizable amount of people, and a large city such as Aldrect meant an even larger amount. Ah, well. The good thing was that, with so many people, it was easy to become hidden, lost in the crowd. It wasn't that he didn't like people -- he just didn't like so many of them in one place. Overcrowding made him uncomfortable, and he wished to always appear in control of his situation. There was a place in this city, however, that he had heard of that could hold large amounts of people and yet not have anyone feel crowded. This was the main reason why he had come to Aldrect, though he was not visiting this particular building solely to be among people and not feel enclosed. No, this building had far more interest than that.

The cathedral stood proudly before him, a testament to the faith of the people that had built it and continued to visit. Walking up the marble steps, he pushed open the grand doors and found himself in one of the most beautiful places he'd ever been in. Although, that wasn't really saying much as he had never really traveled before and thus hadn't seen many places... Still, the interior of the cathedral was really making a big impact on him. So clean, so white... and yet welcoming and peaceful. Noticing that there was a quiet, not-as-populated area near the back (or was it the front? It was the area furthest from the door, at any rate), he made his way there, almost seeming to glide over the floor. Taking a seat in the first pew, he relaxed, and anyone who wished could actually get a good look at him.

No hat adorned his head; just the mass of fluffy light purple hair that drooped over one of his deep purple eyes. His skin was pale, but not unnaturally so -- just the sort of color one would expect on someone who didn't receive enough sunlight. What was most interesting were his clothes, however. The white jabot and frills of his undershirt were plain enough, but his suit jacket, pants, and shoes... Each one was an iridescent black, shining dark indigo or navy depending on the way one looked at it. His frame was neither emaciated nor portly, but an acceptable slenderness was apparent. Also, he was quite tall, for in his sitting position he was on par with many peoples' chests. There was something else about this man as well, a sort of aura, a certain grace... and a definite mystery.

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
House - Breeder's Listing - Trades - Art - Wishlist
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 674
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 08/02/2009 2:01 PM

[[ Daaaaang. See, you can post lots when you wanna. o Do ]]

While she was busy exploring, more people got in (of course), but Shrewd was just way too fascinated with the overwhelming and blinding shininess and the amazing echo. People would only whisper, and yet their voices would linger on in the background until it eventually faded away. Imagine if those people were screaming! Xai're, the place would crumble down from the echo of so many people at once. But imagine! But Shrewd wasn't so interested in ridiculing herself as to scream in a cathedral. Could you scream in a cathedral? Could you?! She didn't even know! Imagine if you couldn't and she tried; she'd get kicked from the place and wouldn't be able to look at more of the shiny! Eww, bad bad bad. Don't scream, don't even think it. You hear me?

No people that had came in was exactly interesting. It was one of Shrewd's hobbies to check for strangers and to jump those who seemed interesting, so she could strike a conversation with them. None of them seemed extremely intriguing, although some of them wore some special clothes (or what looked like special clothes) with big silly hats, but she figured those were probably important people from the cathedral, and furthermore, they were all talking between themselves, so it would be improper to bother them. Most people were just commoners coming to kneel down besides the small stairs that lead a few inches up towards the back, while others just went over to the candles to light one (oh, she could light a candle! It could be fun to play with fire), and some other strangers just sat down the on benches. .... Some of them just sat down on the... benches...

Suddenly her attention was focused on that one particular man who had just entered the place. His skin was paler than the colors she'd seen before, and his hair... purple? What the heck? Had he died it or something? Well, she couldn't quite remember if this was the first time that she had such an unusual hair color, but they sure weren't common, at least not to her. Hmm, and that suit of his, it kind of... kind of...

Shined!

Attention grasped! Shrewd gave up her spot near the candles and dashed for that mysterious man (with the shiny suit!), sitting down right beside him, although at a fair distance from him (she didn't want contact; EWW!). "Hey! So, what's up with your suit? It, like... shines with different colors! What's with that?" She kept her tone relatively low, but her voice had excitement oozing out of it. No need for his name, no need for his age, no need to just ask if he would like to talk... just... needed to know what was up with his cool suit. Yep.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kodai » 08/03/2009 7:25 AM

Eh? There was a voice nearby... was it directed at him? He really hadn't been paying attention. Since the voice was mentioning the changing colors of a suit, though, he assumed that he was the one being spoken to. He was the only one he had ever seen with such a suit, after all. Turning his head, he saw what was presumably a black-haired human female sitting next to him, oozing excitement. Was his suit really that interesting...?

"It is made of an iridescent material," he began, addressing the girl's question directly. "The plumage of certain species of birds displays the same properties. And no, this suit is not made of birds' feathers. At least, not to my knowledge." He supposed it could incorporate feathers in its design, but surely he would have felt some sort of feathery texture? Unless of course, small amounts were used... Ah, but it didn't really matter to him. It was just clothing and had no purpose other than to cover his body.

"So... Who might you be, that walks up to random strangers and inquires about their clothing?" he asked. He didn't appear peeved or irritated in the slightest. In fact, he was smiling, though it was more of a smirk, and his tone was jovial enough. Granted, he hadn't expected to engage in conversation in this place of worship, but who was he to deny someone the joy of conversation?

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 08/04/2009 12:13 AM

At first she thought he wouldn't even answer her question, since he was being so quiet and seemingly confused as to whether she was addressing him or somebody else. It was somewhat hard to be confused about who she was addressing, though, since she was, you know. Right beside him. He did turn towards her eventually, though, and Shrewd blinked at him when he did so. Yeah. He really had a weird look to him. But hey, he had a shiny suit, so she'd forgive him. For now.

"Iridescent?" Yes, she had heard (and seen) some birds having some weird feathers that were essentially black, but that changed colors occasionally. Wait... did that mean his suit was made out of birds?! But birds can't make suits, right? And you can't make suits out of birds? Shrewd was about to say something (her mouth was all opened and stuff!) when the stranger assured his suit wasn't made out of birds or bird feathers. She then closed her mouth and let him talk.

The stranger had actually asked for her name before she had! Usually she was the one jumping at them and pestering them to get their name, but the suit was just so interesting that she hadn't bothered to ask the guy his name. Well. She wasn't really one to talk to dudes (since she didn't really trust them), but eh. This one seemed okay enough. "I'm Shrewd, and I asked cause your suit is shiny," she replied directly, crossing her arms, but just for the sake of crossing them, not because she was upset or anything. "But I do that. I jump people and chat with them. When they look interesting." She curled her bottom lip upward and stared at the stranger. "What about you, eh? Who are you to come in here and just be... clothed with shininess?"
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kodai » 08/04/2009 7:49 AM

"My name is Malthus," he replied, giving a slight nod as if to affirm that this was indeed his name. There was no last name given, but then, Shrewd hadn't told him hers, so they were even, so to speak. "You find me interesting, then? Well. I suppose I should be honored. Not everyone can be considered interesting, you know." Again, he wasn't using a sarcastic tone. He continued to smile (or smirk, whichever it was) and even gave a small chuckle at the end of his sentence. "Certainly, you're interesting for having the pluck to approach me and immediately ask about my clothing." Malthus gave pause, as if considering something. "Shrewd... An interesting name. I wonder if it says anything about your personality." Shrugging, he gave another chuckle, and then asked a non-rhetorical question. "What, may I ask, are you doing in a place such as this? I would think that most people who come here are not interested so much in conversation as they are in worship."

they're lesbians, harold

~1st February 2007~
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 08/04/2009 7:18 PM

Malthus? What a strange name. It sure wasn't just any everyday name, like Alex or David or something. But then again, Shrewd isn't a common name either. So eh.

At his mention of interestingness, Shrewd blinked and stared. Well. She supposed he was kinda interesting, but she'd approached him because of his suit and not because of him-him. Shrewd didn't like men so much, and so she didn't want to be associated with them too much, nor did she want to make a lot of male friends. She just... didn't trust them so much? And the dudes at work were such annoying sissies that Shrewd had maybe just developed a weird dislike for them. Or something. "Well. Admittedly, your suit is more interesting than you are." Even if it sounded... rude, or something, she just said it matter-of-factly, staring at him. "Men usually don't have a lot to say. I usually don't talk to them."

At the comments of how she was interesting and if her name meant anything about her personality, she stared some more and eventually puffed her cheeks. "What, you saying I'm weird or something?" She had the admit of jumping to conclusions. "I was little and I liked the word, so they just called me that. Doesn't mean anything." Her tone changed to hint a bit of annoyance, and her cheeks remained puffed. Pfft. Men. The possibility that he hadn't meant anything bad with those comments didn't cross her mind.

Why she was here? Well. "I'm not familiar with religion. I was just curious." She probably wouldn't elaborate on that more. And it was pretty much the only reason as to why she was here. Well, she had to admit the shiny did help. A little.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate