Go ahead and roleplay about other things (like MML, Neopets, Subeta, or Pokemon) here! Just about anything you can roleplay is allowed here (but stick to Evelon's rating, please). ^.^

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Other Roleplaying!

Out with the Old, in with the New (P, Sori and I)

Postby HunnyBun » 01/11/2011 3:00 AM

(( Harry Potter Alternate Universe RP, cause I'm not that skilled in the world of Harry Potter XD / I might not play a good Moody XD ))

It was a boring morning in the Ministry of Magic, everyone was just sitting around, watching the second hand click forward. Mel had her seat leaned back so that it was balancing on two legs instead of four. Blowing a large bubble from her mouth as she waved her wand around. The little origami bird she had made fluttering above her head. Good thing Moody wasn't around, or else he would have her head. He had gone off to confirm his schedule for the day. He hadn't told her, but she had found out that he had a meeting with someone. Maybe they were going to get a new employee. Not like they needed one, there wasn't anything to do.
As Mel was busy thinking to herself, she never noticed the bird suddenly change course. It dived towards her, plunging it's beak into her bubble. It popped, and Mel muffled under a face full of gum. The sudden burst had caught her off guard and she lost focus and the chair started to fall backwards. Hitting the ground, Mel moaned at the rush of pain that shot through the back of her head. Looking up she noticed the scarred and very upset face of Moody. Both his eyes were focused on her. If the gum hadn't been covering her mouth, you would have seen an embarrassed smile as she waved slowly to him. He replied with a loud growl and hobbled off to his desk.

(( I hope that was a good beginning XD ))

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Re: Out with th Old, in with the New (P, Sori and I)

Postby Soriana » 01/11/2011 7:30 AM

"I was never a prefect myself. My Head of House said I lacked certain necessary qualities.
Like the ability to behave myself."

If she had not been wearing a disastrously high pair of heeled boots--which caused a rather resounding CLACK! as they were placed upon marble--it might have been said that she'd floated through the door. Alas, the type of shoe she wore probably wouldn't have made a difference, since she nearly tripped over herself after passing by the first row of cubicles. Fortunately, it wasn't the shoes people were paying attention to. It was... everything else.

She was short and curvy, with thick, black hair and milky brown eyes. Her skin tone was somewhere between olive and mocha, and her face was rounded and slightly pudgy. Her robes--which were light and airy, and flowed behind her--were dark purple and magenta with a trim of translucent silver. Next to the corner of her mouth was a small beauty mark, which--if she'd opened her mouth right then and there--moved with her lips as she spoke.

As she continued along, her pace slow and deliberate, she casually intercepted one of the interdepartmental memos zooming above her head, and began to read it as if it were meant for her. She placed her index finger partway inside her mouth in an effort to wet it and flick the memo back into the space above her. When she removed the unlucky digit, she realized it was now covered in dark cherry-flavored lipstick. Allowing herself an unwarranted and rather sheepish grin, she wiped the sticky stuff on the fabric of her robes.

Soon she came to a row of cubicles which included but were not limited to the following persons: a tall, balding wizard of African descent who was going over some papers in a reassuringly calm and collected manner (most perplexing, however, was the fact that he wore a single, gold earring through his left ear), a sallow-eyed, miserable-looking fellow who looked as though he wished he was somewhere else (she heard him mention to a colleague that if something incapacitated him and prevented him from doing his job one more time, he'd resign and have himself committed to St. Mungo's), a quirky gent with a long ponytail, a young lady with short, blonde hair and bubblegum all over her mouth, and a grizzled man with a wooden leg. He was hunched over his desk and might have been absorbed in what he was doing--she didn't know, as he hadn't shown his face. Swiftly--which is an overstatement; it was more like an attempt to be swift--she turned to the girl and smiled impishly, with a distinct air of mischief. She started to walk back the way she came. Her gait was reversed so as to continue to stare at the girl, and it was only when she reached the end of the row that she turned and ran off towards the door. Everything about her body language urged the other girl to follow her.

Today was about impressions, and Nymphadora Tonks had to be certain she'd never be forgotten.

(So... Mel can follow Tonks, or she can stay where she is, or Moody can tail both of them--whatever you want, really. I think it would be more fun if they were both after her, since the way I envision this scene is that she leads them on a wild goose chase through the Ministry and causes a huge disturbance, you know, fun stuff like that. Moody can follow them both in secret, perhaps, since it would be hilarious to see Mel's reaction to finding out that the entire time she was after the anomalous Metamorphmagus, her teacher had been keeping an eye on her. ;3 Oh, and the thread title's missing an E.)

The King beneath the mountains,
The King of carven stone,
The lord of silver fountains
Shall come into his own!

His crown shall be upholden,
His harp shall be restrung,
His halls shall echo golden
To songs of yore re-sung.

The streams shall run in gladness,
The lakes shall shine and burn,
All sorrow fail and sadness
At the Mountain-king's return!

one two three four five
Soriana
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 216
Donate

Re: Out with the Old, in with the New (P, Sori and I)

Postby HunnyBun » 01/11/2011 7:06 PM

Mel had met the girls gaze as she smiled to her. Mel's eyebrows raised in an embarrassed expression as she realized she had not removed the gum from her face. She slowly started to pull it off as she watched the girl start to back track. Was she lost? Maybe she went down the wrong way? Or was she afraid of Mad Eye? He did normally startle anyone that first met him. Whatever it was, it had caused her to turn and run off. But as Mel watched, the girl seemed to telling her to give chase. As if she was giving her an invitation to fun. Something Mel just couldn't, wouldn't give up.
Jumping from her seat, Mel just couldn't sit there any longer. The urge to run after her was far to great. As she darted out of the room, she whipped out her wand and gave it a quick flip. The gum around her mouth disappeared, and a wide grin sat in it's place. She pocketed her want again and focused on the trail.
"Hey! Wait up!" She called.
The others in their cubicles had turned and their eyes followed after them. Expressions of confusion and wonder on their faces. As for Moody, he didn't look up from his work. Instead, his magical eye had zipped up and watched as the two had ran off, a sigh escaping his lip. This was going to be a difficult day.

(( Yay! A chase >D Moody is going to secretly chase after them XD ))

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items