Go ahead and roleplay about other things (like MML, Neopets, Subeta, or Pokemon) here! Just about anything you can roleplay is allowed here (but stick to Evelon's rating, please). ^.^

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Other Roleplaying!

Lake Dragonscale: A Summer Camp For Things Not Of This World

Postby Freezair » 12/31/2007 8:21 PM

((OOC: I have too many summer-camp related media going thorugh my head right now. This is the result.))

Are you an anthropomorphic animal? A dragon? How about a witch or wizard? Maybe you're a fairy creature, such as a sprite or leprechaun. Maybe you're even from another world entirely! Whatever you are, wherever you come from, you are cordially invited to spend the summer at Lake Dragonscale, the premier summer institution for mystical creatures! We take all types here, from pixies to Pokemorphs!

Set in the scenic Faraway Mountains, deep in the heart of the Ol' West, within the famous Enchanted Forest, Lake Dragonscale Summer Camp was established in 1963 to be the world's first and foremost summer camp for enchanted and otherworldly beings.

Among the many fine activities and classes we offer:

-Hiking
-Canoeing & Rafting
-Camping
-Wilderness Survival Training
-Arts & Crafts
-Fishing
-Cooking
-Geology
-Local Botany
-Beginning & Advanced Magic
-Beginning & Advanced Psi
-Beginning & Advanced Magical Zoology
-Beginning & Advanced Hypertech/Mad Science

Please introduce yourself in the Campire Pit before heading out into camp. Thanks!

Name: Tell us your name!
Species: What kind of creature are you?
Physical Details: Describe yourself!
Element: The available elements are: Earth, Water, Fire, Air, Ice, Electricity, Light, Dark, Nature, and Runic.  
Special Powers: What kind of unique abilities do you have?
About you: Tell us anything about yourself! Where do you come from? What is your history like? We really want to know!

Thank you! -Camp Councellor Vive

*~*~*~*~*~*

Name: Aliandra
Species: Human
Hair: Purple
Eyes: Also purple
Height: 5'33''
Clothing: Wears a purple t-shirt and jeans. Yes, this kid cannot get enough of purple stuff.
Element: Dark
Special powers: Uses a unique combination of psychic energy and magic to manipulate the world around her, so you'll find her in both the Beginning Magic and Beginning Psi classes. She also has a strange companion named Mote. Mote is a foot-tall, armless creature that is birght purple with an orange belly. Mote's head is a ball of spines, with two shimmering silver eyes; Mote has pointed feet from which black mist seems to flow. Although menacing-looking, Mote is actually very friendly. Mote has the ability to strengthen both psychics and magic-users, increasing their resistance to Dark-element spells and powers.
About her: Aliandra won't reveal much about herself or her companion, Mote. Hmmm...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The fire crackled warmly in the crisp night air. Although it was summer, the breeze chilled her arms and whipped her hair around. She had already been asked by several people if the hair color was natural or not. She definitely wasn't telling, either.

Mote, as always, had her special place on her shoulder. The urchin-like being did not speak, but Mote rarely deigned to do so. Her silvery eyes opened and closed slowly against the flare of the blaze, lulled by its warmth.  

Aliandra rubbed her exposed arms and shivered. Her belly rumbled, although it was nearly drowned out by the fire. "I hoped somebody else gets here soon," she muttered. "And I hope they bring marshmallows. I want some s'mores!"

Slowly, as if after great thought, Mote nodded.

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 12/31/2007 8:46 PM

(I'm joining!)
Name: Krystal
Species: Dragon-girl thing
Physical Details: Fairly tall, red hair, blue-green eyes, when she's mad they're red. Blue jeans and a band t-shirt most of the time. She usually looks human, but can have dragon-like wings and claws when she's fighting, or when it comes in handy.
Element:  Fire, Air, Dark
Special Powers: She likes the outdoors, so she's in Wilderness Survival Training and Beginning Magical Zoology. She has a touch of magic that she wants to make grow, so she joined the Beginning Magic class. She can talk to some upper-class reptiles.  
About you: She's a little closed up about her past, but a good friend. She's loyal, hyper, wise at some times, and never backs down.

~~~

Krystal walked away from the group she was hanging out with, to the fire. She saw another new kid, so walked up to her. "Do you mind if I sit here?" She was pointing to a seat beside Aliandra smiling at the little animal she was with.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 549
Donate

Postby Freezair » 12/31/2007 8:49 PM

"Hey! Someone else finally comes over!" Aliandra waved her hand and beckoned to the draconic creature. "Did you bring food? You're more than welcome to seat even if you didn't, though."

Aliandra scooted aside on her log bench, making room for her new companion. "I'm Aliandra, and my genie is Mote. Who might you be, friendly stranger?"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kelica » 12/31/2007 8:52 PM

Name: Maia
Species: Saan, but in a human form
Physical Details: Short dark brown hair that reaches the shoulders, normal blue eyes, a seafoam green gem attached to her forehead for some unknown reason
Clothes: A teal turtleneck sweater, stretchy black pants, wears nothing on her feet
Ethreal Form: Unknown ((I have to dream one up))
Element: Nature
Special Powers: Being a Saan, Maia has amazing healing powers, animals are drawn to her, and she has reign over plants. She normally hovers to get around, considering most Saan prefer the air as opposed to the ground, and Maia is no exception to that.
About you: Well, I'm gonna leave out my history, as I believe that's a bit private. Anyway, I'm a Saan, beings that fled our own world, but all of us found different worlds that suited our individual needs, so we became known as inter-dimensional travellers. I myself love to read and write, and like most Saan, I love animals and plants. Don't feel intimidated by my wide range of vocabulary, and I'm a bit shy. Though I am quite nice company once you manage to get past my timidness and my lack of ablity to word things well. Oh, and I plan to leave this world in the future.

~~~

Maia hovered rather quickly to the campfire, a small rabbit she had recently befriended running behind her. Seeing the blaze, the small creature left. "That's too bad. Tell me if you find any other animals that would enjoy my company!~" She called to the rabbit slightly sing-songy. She sat down, noticing the others that were here. She immediately piped down. Great, she didn't even have her book to read. Maia didn't really want to get it burned, so she wasn't going to go and hover back to get it. She shrugged, and stared into the blaze. Poor sticks being burnt. It must hurt terribly....
Just returned and getting back in the swing of things! 8D; Expect this space to be filled by something interesting soon. o3o;
Though I kinda picked a bad time to come back, 'cause I'm still really busy, but oh well. x3;
ImageImageImageImageImage
In the meantime, would you mind clicking them? x3;
Kelica
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 97
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 12/31/2007 8:57 PM

Krystal sat down, holding up a bag. "Marshmallows anyone? My name's Krystal." She grabbed at marshmallow from the bag when she saw another person come up. She waved, "Hey! Want to come over here?"
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 12/31/2007 8:57 PM

Searching in vain for some food, Aliandra deposited Mote on the bench and went over to Maia. "Hey there! Welcome to Camp Dragonscale! I've never been here before, but it looks so exciting! I'm Aliandra. What's your name? Did you bring any snacks to share?"

Aliandra didn't realize it, but she was probably being horribly overwhelming.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kelica » 12/31/2007 9:10 PM

Maia froze for a moment when people started talking to her. "I'll stay over here, thanks." She said in response to Krystal, then turned to Aliandra. "I haven't brought snacks, but I can make a bush nearby grow edible berries if that is desirable."
Just returned and getting back in the swing of things! 8D; Expect this space to be filled by something interesting soon. o3o;
Though I kinda picked a bad time to come back, 'cause I'm still really busy, but oh well. x3;
Kelica
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 12/31/2007 9:16 PM

Krystal looked at Maia, "Sorry for Aliandra here, I guess she's alittle hungery. I have marshmallows, with their white mallowy goodness." She grinned dumbly. "Berries? You can make bushes grow berries? That's amazing. What else can ya do?" She was kinda new to the different magics thing, so this sounded cool.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kelica » 12/31/2007 9:23 PM

Maia frowned. "Any self-respecting Saan can grow berries! It's practically our main food source considering we can make them grow anytime. What else can I do! I can heal amazingly well, I can make anything grow, and I can understand certain animals." She listed. "Is that new for you? It's standard for me."
Kelica
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 12/31/2007 9:23 PM

"Oooh!" Aliandra beamed excitedly. "Berries AND marshmallows!" She clapped her hands. "That's so cool! I can't make food, but I can toast a mean marshmallow." Aliandra lifted a stick from the ground. "This one looks good. Not poisonous; I can't detect any."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 12/31/2007 9:31 PM

Krystal's eyes were wide, "Wow! You can grow berries, heal, and talk to animals? And you can detect poison? Wow! I hardly know what I can do, I only know I can fly. I need to do that sometime." She passed the marshmallows to Aliandra. She thought of what Maia said. What was a Saan? What did they do? Why didn't she know anything? She needed ansewers.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 01/01/2008 12:09 AM

OOC: Mind if I join you? -gets comfy-

NAME: Hanone
SPECIES: Human
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Bright, electric blue hair. Black eyes. He's got a bit of hair growing on his chin, also blue. It's scraggly, almost non existant. Green T-Shirt and blue jeans.
ELEMENT: Water
SPECIAL POWERS: Can turn into Kurai
ABOUT YOU: Well you can wait till I get there right? =3

---**---

NAME: Kurai
SPECIES: Dragon
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Dark coal black eyes. A deep blue scales and a mane of hair along his back, same electric blue as Hanone's hair. Black claws and teeth. His body (from snout to tail tip) is twenty feet and his wing span is an easy 70 feet, if not more.
ELEMENT: Water
SPECIAL POWERS: Can turn into Hanone
ABOUT YOU: Well I guess you'll have to wait. If Hanone's not gonna' spill the beans, neither am I. XP

----***----

Are we also most there?
The question echoed in the dragons head. he snorted, feeling frustrated.
"You know if you think you can go faster than me, I'll let you take us there," Was the dragons reply.
The voice in his head remained quiet for some time and started talking about anything as they flew on.

-soonish-

Kurai dove down from above the clouds to get a better look at his surroundings, "Is this the place?" he asked, looking down at the camp.
Looks like it. Land in that little clearing over there? In those trees?

The dragon snorted and growled, "I won't fit in their, I might tear a wing,"

You know what to do when that happens. Besides it'll give me time to change...

As if this was some sort of cue the large blue creature held tighter to a small bag held within is claws and dived down towards the camp.
"I'm much to old for this," he grumbled, but there was some excitement in his eyes.

--From Below--

One could see a large blue dragon fly down, or rather, plumet. He seemed to be headed towards a few trees, not to far off from the campfire. As he was about to make a most spectacular crash into the trees he dissapeared. There was a small crash through the trees anyway though, nothing as big as it should have been.... What had just happened?

--In the Trees--

Hanone made a small, 'Gleep!' noise as he clung to a branch and his back pack. Quickly and carefully he climbed down to the ground and started to quickly dress. A definate downside to the transformation. There was no logical way for him to be dressed when he landed. She he pulled on a slightly ruppled shirt and pants (and undergarments, of course).

He emerged from the trees as he was putting on his left shoe. He smiled at the group and waved a little sheepishly, "Hello,"
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1098
Donate

Postby Freezair » 01/01/2008 4:48 AM

Aliandra jumped when she heard the crash. She had been in the middle of explaining her powers to Krystal: "Well, sometimes poison is a Nature skill, and sometimes it's Dark. Some magical scholars classify it as Dark-Natural. I'm not very good at it, because I--"--That was when the "thud" cut in. She looked toward the trees. "Errm..."

She walked around the campfire; in its orange light, she saw Hanone emerge. "Uh... hi. What... just..." She looked around him curiously.

She stared at him as he put on his shoes, but said nothing. Then: "Ummm... I'm Aliandra. Hi. My friend over there--the purple one--is Mote. Who are...?"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 01/01/2008 5:03 AM

Hanone laughed, "Sorry about that, Kurai's kinda' clumbsy," he laughed.
I am not Hanone! You take that back RIGHT NOW!

The voice awas within Hanone's mind but Kurai could project his thoughts if he liked. He did so now to the girl who had addressed Hanone.

My dear I do so humbly apologize for my rude arrival. My, friend, 'friend' was said with some distaste, here asked most callously if I could take him down in the trees over there. I am Kurai and the boy (again, said with distaste) is Hanone.

Hanone had been let in on the introduction seeing as he was glarring angrily at the ground.
"Kurai! I wasn't rude!"
Indeed you were. You should have allowed me to introduce myself BEFORE you changed!
"That might have scared everyone!"
I'd just snatch them up and MAKE them listen
"Kurai..."
Hanone..

Sadly the campers were only getting the boys half of the conversation. He looked up suddenly, "Er... Sorry about that. It's hard to converse with a part of you that's inside," he laughed, "Really sorry about the confusion,"
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1098
Donate

Postby Freezair » 01/01/2008 5:12 AM

"Woah!" Aliandra held her head. "So... you must be one of the psi kids, right?" Of course, Aliandra really wasn't in a position to call either Hanone or Kurai a "kid," being several years younger and several inches shorter than them both, but none of that had ever stopped her mouth before.

"And there's... two of you? I'm a little confused. Is the other one invisible? Are you, like, bonded or something?" She looked around. "Mote and I are bonded, sort of--I mean, well, she is a genie, but--bah. I'm making myself confused."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next