Go ahead and roleplay about other things (like MML, Neopets, Subeta, or Pokemon) here! Just about anything you can roleplay is allowed here (but stick to Evelon's rating, please). ^.^

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Other Roleplaying!

Skies over yonder (Dragon Rp! Open )

Postby Icey » 05/11/2008 5:12 PM

( Les keep this relatively simple, maximum or... three other players please! *Grin* )

Name: Thorn
Color/rank in clan: Red hunter
physical features: Ran horns, tail spikes.
Personality: Playful, somewhat flirty, protective
History: Hatched from an egg, trained to be a hunter/warrior.
Clan of birth: Was born in the Tybalt clan, but carries a mixture of the Centennial and Thunder clans ideas.

Setting: In a hidden valley in a vast, mountainous, country where humans are rare to see. The mountains are apart of a hidden island in the Bermuda triangle. Climate oddities mean that the weather is rather cool, despite being in the tropics. An undiscovered species of deer also lives here. The deer resemble must oxen in size and weight, have short legs, and are easy prey, as long as you avoid their club-like tails. The most common trees on the island are a crossbred oak tree which produces apple like acorns. The trees are older than time itself almost, often dwarfing the large dragons in size. Throughout the island there are scattered fresh water ponds. There are three major clans of dragons:

The Thunder clan: Led by a black Queen.  
The Thunder clan lives on the east side of the island, predominately fishers, they've developed frills and spear tailed traits to aid them in fishing. Females will pick a mate from those who will chase her when she flies and a Nursery female (Normally small blues raised for this task) Will care for the eggs and hatchlings.

The Tybalt clan: Led by a gold King.
The Tybalt clan lives in the northern part of the island, predominately hunters of deer, they've developed camouflage abilities and smaller sized dragons to help move through the trees. Males will pick their choice of females and live in a close family group, only that male will chase his females when they fly. The females will form nursing parties and care for each others' eggs and hatchlings while the others rest.

The Centennial clan: Led by a Tricolored Hermaphrodite lord.
By far the oldest clan there is, the Centennial clan inherits the south and west sides of the island. Predominately Gatherers and farmers, this clan has developed bigger brains, longer tails, and four horned traits. Males and Females often choose each other, staying together long enough to raise their young, then separating until the next breeding season.
The Centennial clan is the only clan who actively practices planting special berries to attract and fatten their prey. They've also cultivated an odd strain of goats that produce milk for their offspring, which helps them grow faster so the parents may go back to work faster.

Size Reference: Hatchlings are born the size of a great dane. Adults are about the size of a two story building at the smallest, and a Six story building at the tallest. Trees range from seven to ten stories high (Building wise )

Thorn is about three stories.
[/reverse][/spoiler]
[Why do we die?] (So you can live!)
[Why do we strive?]
(So you can win! But why did you defy every truthful word I recommend?)
[My question back, why do you recommend an ode temptation]

ImageImage
(So I can test your patience and tolerance in the face of sin)
[But why attest when you hold all the answers to the state we in?
(For you to bear witness of imperfections of mortal men)
[So it's a lesson?]
(And a blessing Journey back to where you been 'Cause before the tree can flourish seeds must first be planted in)
Icey
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 66
Donate

Postby Icey » 05/11/2008 5:13 PM

[ This story shall begin on the North side of the island. ]

Thorn layed under a tree, blowing smoke through his nose and flicking his tail. His maw was wet with fresh blood, as was evident by the half eaten body of a deer laying next to him. He gave a yawn, letting out a roar of satisfaction. He streched out on his side, the earth letting out a thud of disagrence as he layed down. While rubbing his horns in the soft grown Thorn snoozed off. His snooze soon became a roaring snore as the sun traveled on in it's path.

Thorn only woke up when a much smaller Squealer dragon let out a shriek of surprise. It shrieked and squealed as Thorn layed on it's nest. Only did the drowsy dragon figure out what he had done when multiple squeals emerged from under his side. He got up and blinked, watching as the many babies crawled out of the small hole. These would make great pets... He thought, grabbing a nearby ball of mod and molding it into a bowl, which he put over the family of Squealer dragons. It smiled and scooped them up in the bowl, cupping it off with a claw. He grinned widely and spread his wings, he flapped vigorously until he had created enough lift to compensate for not getting a running start. He hovered for a bit, exhausted. He had to land before even moving. "This is going to be tricky." He said with a grumble and a pant.
[Why do we strive?]

ImageImage
[So it's a lesson?]
(And a blessing Journey back to where you been 'Cause before the tree can flourish seeds must first be planted in)
Icey
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Icey » 05/11/2008 7:51 PM

(( anyone? =< I'll give you a free dragon adoptable if you join..and stay active. =D ))
[Why do we strive?]

ImageImage
[So it's a lesson?]
Icey
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 05/11/2008 8:23 PM

((I'll join XD, just a sec and I'll throw together a profile!))

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Postby Icey » 05/11/2008 9:02 PM

(( Okies. x33 ))
[Why do we strive?]

ImageImage
[So it's a lesson?]
Icey
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 05/12/2008 7:41 PM

((Here it is:

Name: Tyaninierea "Nara"
Color/Rank: Umm...Help????
Personality: Strong-headed and ready to stand up and fight, this female is the one that many will not come close to picking a fight with. For they know that they'll lose-hard.  Her parents died years before she had matured enough to take care of herself, so she grew up, fending for herself, a loner among dragons.
Make-up: She is small sized, and her wings are light, so she is clearly made fdor fast flying, and not fighting.  Her tail is the sharpest around, and is her handy "dagger."  Her head is smooth, small, and graceful, and her body shows no signs of teh awkwardness of a still growing dragon.  Her claws are long and slender (pointed).
Other: She always wears a small silver chained necklace of yin/yang, with yang on top. ))

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Icey » 05/12/2008 8:40 PM

(( Okay, that looks good. I'm assuming she's from the Centennial clan? ^^ Go ahead and post I've got mine done.. xD )
[Why do we strive?]

ImageImage
[So it's a lesson?]
Icey
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 05/13/2008 5:20 PM

((Umm...Sure...^-^))

Nara pounded her wings gentley, as she took of from the hard ground below, daring any one of the males to chase her.  They did try, but only a few.  A large golden one was stronger, and his wings were built similarly to hers, yet, he only managed for a few minutes.  Like most of the males, he expected her to swoon at the sight of his magnificant gleaming, scales [sarcasm].  Nara's purpleish/indigoish tail just whiped at his nose as he started to go down, berating him for glaring at the sight of a sensable female.  It was not long before the chase was over, but Nara was a girl of the sky.  Meant to fly for hours on end, and she enjoyed flipping, twisting, and turning throughout the clouds.  But, no one could fly in a storm, except some...

Drat, she thought as she saw the dark clouds start to pour down on the mountains.  Looking down, Nara dove.  Her precise movements equaled a graceful landing, and she calmly walked into a dense forest.  She heard the lumbering of another dragon close by, and being curious, Nara followed the noise.  

The female shrank behind a nearby bush, as she saw the bulk of the male.  Something was in his hands, such a thing like this, would force Nara into doing something stupid...Like she was going to do now. "Hello...Sir", she hasteily added the sir as she continued, "but what do you have in your hands?"

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Icey » 05/13/2008 7:10 PM

Thorn gave only a small jump, blinking a few times. "Oh, this?" He smiled, plucking a young screach dragon out of the ball. "Screach Dragons. Thier pets." He handled the little thing carefully, "Here, you may have one if you like. Thier young enough to be trained." He said, wiggling his nose as several scents, most of which trailed from her, hit his nose. He gave a small sneeze, tensing up a bit as he did. He relaxed and gave a friendly smile. "I'm Thorn, by the way" He offered, swinging his tail to and fro, more out of habit than anything else.

( Oh, by color and rank. What color are her scale/hide and what rank is she in a clan. Hunter, gatherer, hearder, healer, etc. etc. )
[Why do we strive?]

ImageImage
[So it's a lesson?]
Icey
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 05/13/2008 7:32 PM

"...Thank You?" Nara asked, not old enough to understand the mini screach dragons fully. Her steel blue claws gentley took the small thing, and she placed it, with her tail, on her head.  Nara's nearly white nose tip pointed downwards at her feet as she also tried to remember her full name. "Well, nice to meet you, Thorn.  I'm Tyaninierea Rinivichi, Nara for short..." Her wings were folded up, considering how branchy the place was, but the rain had started to seep through teh trees and the wetness was getting through to her hide.  "Do you know where I can shelter while the rain goes on?" she asked carefully, because she hated the water.

((Well, my charrie is kinda a planned loner, and her scales are gradient....[tip of nose is white, tip of tail is a purple]))

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Icey » 05/13/2008 7:42 PM

( then it'd be 'Shifting/loner' x3 )

Thorn nodded, giving a small smile. "Yeah, I have a cave that not to far from here. It's a short walk." He said, carefully gripping the ball of screach dragons in one claw as he walked. His tail continued to sway, the spikes on his tail were unbalanced, which made it very easy for them to swish back and forth with the movement of his body. Though, for the most part it seemed as if he kept his spikes rather dull, this was on purpose due to the many stab cases he had been blamed with. Now he used his tail to swoop down and smash into his prey.

He looked back at Nara. "Very long name... From which clan did you hail from?" He asked, genuinly interested. She was peculiar in many ways. Both in hide and name. "Certinaly your clan must be proud of such a unique femmora." He complimented. Not in an extremely flirty tone, but an honest clompliment way.

( xD Ok, this is how I use the terms of Female. Female= Just that, just a plain old female, nothing special. Femma= An old female, not very pretty. and Femmora= Pretty/special young female. )
[Why do we strive?]

ImageImage
[So it's a lesson?]
Icey
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 05/14/2008 6:39 PM

Nara's head slightly turned, as she blushed slightly at the compliment. "Well,  do believe I belong-belonged to the cennteniel clan...I think.  But that was when I was still with my parents. When they moved on, I kinda became a nuisance to them, and I left.  the males there do still chase me, that's why I'm out here." Her voice was soft and melodious, as she explained herself. "So now I've been called a shifter, I don't much like that, and I prefer to call myself a loner." She added onto her previous sayings.  Her eyes looked longfully upwad at the cloudy skies, wishing for them to clear.  It was a pretty nice day for flying, but hey, she couldn't predict the weather.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Icey » 05/14/2008 7:05 PM

Thorn nodded in agreeance. "The only problem I have witht he Centennial clan is they leave thier hatchlings too early. I think one should stay with thier brrod unti the brood leave them." He said, giving a small smile. He gave her a quick look over, nodding a bit more. "I could see why males would chase you. Though, I must say I've always prefered groundings rather than risings. Seems unfair that a female has to take whatever male catches her. " He gave a small shurg, smiling as he reach the den. "Here we go! " He said happily, coming in from the rain.

( grounding are essentially.. a Female stays on the ground and chooses to allow a male close enough to her. xD Incase you were unfamiliar to the term. In Groundings it's the female who chooses the male.)
[Why do we strive?]

ImageImage
[So it's a lesson?]
Icey
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 05/15/2008 5:10 PM

"Well, risings are typically more fun, and even if the guys could stay up longer then five minutes, they can't match me.  I was born to the sky, as my mother said." Nara replied picking her way into the cave and smiling, "Anyways, I don't have the chance of a grounding. I'd much rather just hang around someone who treats me like a friend, and that i can grow to like, I hate quick made descisions!" She settled down near the entrance of teh cave, her eyes barely leaving the sky. She never, welll-rarely, looked at the person she was talking to.

(Ah, thanks XD)

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Icey » 05/15/2008 5:31 PM

Thorn nodded. "I've always loved flying, though, admittedly it is hard when you have no momentum." He gave a small sigh, his own daydreams haunting her. "I think, the grounding was invented by your clan. By a female who loved a very slow male." He thought back to his nursery days, when they were bieng told the ryhmes of the ages. He gave a small shrug. "Wait, you mean the males in your Clan can't stay airbound for more than five minutes?" He asked, tilting his head in confusion.
[Why do we strive?]

ImageImage
[So it's a lesson?]
Icey
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next