Go ahead and roleplay about other things (like MML, Neopets, Subeta, or Pokemon) here! Just about anything you can roleplay is allowed here (but stick to Evelon's rating, please). ^.^

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Other Roleplaying!

The Affairs of Dragons (Private)

Postby Freezair » 05/21/2008 12:28 AM

Quite a lovely day, it was.

You couldn't always count on Dragonspire to be lovely, especially at this time of year. The clouds liked to gather near the peak of the tall mountain, and even in early autumn, they had been known to dust snow on the ground. Today, though, the weather looked like it was cooperating. Gold touched the edges of the deducious trees, and a deliciously sweet breeze ruffled the pines. October was young and gentle. And it had teased him out of his home to walk among the forest this lovely morning.

The dragon Seamus, of the Family of Pearlback, breathed the delicate autumn air and cawed, pleased. The crest of yellow feathers on his head rose and fell slowly. After all that he'd been through as of late, today looked like it was going to be an easygoing, simple day. His nephew Blythe--or Blinky, as they called the chick--was out playing with his human friends, one mister Alexander Phoenix and his cohorts. Well--"playing" might not be the word. Apparently, old Saradeana Falconer down on the other side of the mountain had her students running errands for her again, and there was something involving the translator candelabra and magic flames and--well, gods only knew what went through Saradeana's head. That woman was the most stubborn human he knew. And that was saying something...

Oh dear. Something teased in the back of Seamus' mind. The tall white dragon stopped. His left front foot fell on top of a stone. They'd never caught the wyrm. He knew there was something he'd forgotten. The wyrm the Agents had brought to Sidhe was still loose. And wyrms, as everyone knew, dug wyrmholes... and when you had a wyrm running rampant creating wyrmholes, going from one dimension to another, spontaneously linking together universes that were never meant to be linked...

Seamus' throat clicked angrily. "Blast it all," he said. "I really should go looking for that little creature. Goodness knows what will happen if it leaves a hole to some random universe open, and someone wanders in..."

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Echo_Erratica » 05/21/2008 6:14 PM

So many voices... So many smells..

The air obviously held Human scent, the oily smell tickling the insides of her nostrils. This was definitely not her home, for sure... All she remembered was that there was a strange hole in the ground, and figuring it would make a good temporary home, decided to check it out. But this tunnel had been going on for quite some time now...

Oh? Was that light ahead? She speeds up, the smell of humans and ... something else ... growing stronger. The air grew noticeably colder than the heat of the spring from her world. Where was she? She reaches the exit, the voices of the humans ringing in her ears now. Peering out with silver orbs, she spots the humans and.. what is that!? It couldn't be a dragon, could it?

She sinks back down before any eyes could spot her bright, white form in the hole. This was no cave at all! It must've been some strange passage to another place.. Maybe even another world! Excited, she pokes her head out again to see these strangers, tail flicking about as millions of thoughts flew through her ever-wondering mind.
[center]{( Echo . Legna )}
ImageImage
My Zoo | My Breedables | Dimenzhia Forum
[/center]
Echo_Erratica
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 150
Donate

Postby Freezair » 05/23/2008 1:22 AM

Seamus raised his nose.

What was that?

Something... somewhere. Somewhere around him. What was that scent? He knew of none like it in this world. His tongue licked at the roof of his mouth. A strange feeling grated against the soft skin on his feet. Somewhere, here, now, there was an aura. An aura he didn't know.

It was so unknown, in fact, he couldn't even tell what species it belonged to.

He spun around, his tail whipping. His wings flared.

"Who are you? What Name do you go by? What is your Family?" His eyes scanned the ground, but caught nothing. "I am Seamus of the Family of Pearlback. How do you come by this place? What is your purpose here?"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Echo_Erratica » 05/25/2008 2:16 PM

Oh no! Someone noticed her! She ducks down low, the questions ringing in her ears. Her two hearts pound, the drumming noise making her shut her eyes tight. She takes a deep breath, and steps up out of the hole, trying to hold her head high and look proud even though her claws were scraping the ground, proving her nervousness.

"I am Izmyr.." she begins, "a white drakka. I know not of my family, but I do know that I come from another land through this passage here." She flicks her tail in the direction of the hole she came through.

Her pupiless eyes shift over to the hole. She could dart back through if any danger comes about. But, what if she was followed? She could bring danger to her home! She would not let that happen.. She could only hope that all of this was some big mistake and these creatures were friendly.
ImageImage
[/center]
Echo_Erratica
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 05/26/2008 11:43 PM

"Drakka...? What kind of creature are you? Are you human or dragon or pharae?" Seamus spun again. Where was that creature, or the source of that voice...? Could it be Agency playing tricks on him?

He squinted at the ground. Oh dear. His eyes had never been great. Did he see something move?

And then... "Wait... another world?"

He hung his head. "Oh no. The wyrm..." His tongue and throat clicked. "Please, show yourself. If you agree not to harm me, I will agree not to harm you."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Echo_Erratica » 05/27/2008 5:28 PM

She moves away from the hole and toward him, where he can see her. Her shining white scales should be easy for him to see her, even if his sight wasn't too good. "Drakka simply means a young adult dragon.. hardly old enough to breed, yet. My wings emerged about a month or so ago, so I should be ready to lay eggs by next week." She slips her wings out of their pouches beneath her skin, spreading them wide.

This certainly didn't look like a dragon, but his scent placed him as such. She wouldn't dare battle him if she didn't have to. "I will not harm you.. I simply want to know how that hole led me to this world."
ImageImage
[/center]
Echo_Erratica
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 05/29/2008 2:04 PM

"Ahhh. I see. We would call you a fledgeling here. A little older than a chick, I think? Where are you?"

Seamus' head spun uselessly in the air. "If you say that you have wings, and can fly, perhaps you could do so to make yourself more apparent to me, because, for the life of me, I cannot see you."

But, he nonetheless cleared his throat and continued. "That... hole, as you said... Well, it was created by a creature known as a wyrm. Though mortals--I do not know if they have mortals where you are from, but in case they do--they have a habit of confusing dragons and wyrms, but in this world at least, I promise you they're quite different. Wyrms are reptiles; dragons are not. Anyway, these wyrms, they... They can dig; tunnel through the fabric of space and time, creating burrows between dimensions. We had one running wild around here a little while ago. It was a tame wyrm, brought up in captivity, so it didn't instinctively close its burrows, as most wyrms do... and I figure it must have gotten loose in your world. Oh dear. Do you know where you stumbled through? This could be a problem."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Echo_Erratica » 05/29/2008 2:27 PM

"Wyrms, where I come from, are just a VERY old dragon that's lived past its natural lifetime. They lose all their teeth and scale, but are very wise. But I guess in different dimensions terms are used differently." She smiles. "You must be quite older than me if your eyesight is that bad.. I shine so brightly in the sunlight!"

She shakes her head. How rude of her to say such a thing! She changes back to the subject of the Wyrm, "I saw no strange creatures before I came through the hole.. portal... thing.. So it must've been a while ago that it was dug. I thought it would be a nice cave and decided to check it out.. but ended up here. I was flying about when I saw the hole in the side of a hill in my world."
ImageImage
[/center]
Echo_Erratica
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 06/01/2008 8:30 PM

"A cave... must have been next to a hillside, then."

Seamus tried not to think about what would happen if he called one of his elders in the Dragon Coalition a "wyrm." He'd get a talon across his face quicker than he could say "Hit with a brick."

"As for my eyes, no, I'm not old. Well. Not that old, anyway. Middle aged, I think. I simply wasn't born with great eyesight. Are your kind of dragons--where you come from--do you tend not to have many physical problems, then? Because here, we are certainly falliable. Obesity, weak ankles, bad eyesight--ah! I see something down there, very white. I think that must be you. I'm afraid I can't see your face or head very well, though. Do you have a crest? I'm sorry if I misinterpret you; I can't read your wings or stance very well from up here." He squinted.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Echo_Erratica » 06/02/2008 12:26 PM

Izmyr chuckles, and rises up on her haunches, balancing on her tail. In this sitting/standing stance she seemed much taller, and she spreads her wings to add to the appearance. Now she seemed like a much bigger white blob, but even though this stance was normally threatening amongst dragons, her breathing and the relaxed angle of her neck suggested that she wasn't hostile.

"Well, we're not perfect. We can be born with defects, or we can receive them from battles or poisons that can harm us. However, in the beginning when dragons first roamed the world, we were created by the four spirits to be perfect, and rule over the land effortlessly." She shakes her head. It sounded like she was bragging, even though she was only reciting what a few scrolls said. "Yes, I have a crest, but it's not the same as yours.. You're very.. fluffy? I have a bony crest that doesn't stick back very far, and when dragons from where I come from are threatened we rattle our frills and griff against our crest to make a frightening noise to enemies." She glances back at the hole, curious to know what this 'wyrm' looked like. But she kinda liked this new dragon. He was very interesting, and quite polite.
ImageImage
[/center]
Echo_Erratica
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 06/09/2008 9:02 PM

"I see. Is that how your world was born, then? It's always interesting to hear of these things."

Seamus decided to bring himself closer to his new accquaintance. The ground was slightly spiny beneath him, and there was that pond--well, no matter.

"We dragons, now... we weren't created. At least not in the ordinary sense. We were... how should I put this? Transformed. There were creatures who came before us. They were known as Ancient Wings. Some of the Ancient Wings were transformed into the birds that now fly the skies in this world--I'm going to assume you have birds in your world? However, some of them became dragons. We have some similarities to them--such as hollow bones, large hearts, and, ah--feathers." Seamus compulsively lowered his head to scratch at his face.

"I guess I am sort of 'fluffy.' I can see we have very different kinds of scales. Shall we walk?"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Echo_Erratica » 06/09/2008 9:29 PM

She nods, bringing herself back to her quad position to walk with him. "Well, I could tell you about how my world was created.. And about my world, but only if you'd like. I don't want to fill your head with all of it if it's not a matter to you."

She feels awed by the size difference between them, but she was a young adult, and the dragons from her world reached massive sizes as well. "You mean.. your kind sorta 'evolved'.. The only sort of evolution our kind has done is that the Silver dragons are venomous. We're not even sure why, and they won't tell, but we assume it has to do with their diet." She shrugs.
ImageImage
[/center]
Echo_Erratica
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 06/14/2008 2:15 AM

"Yes, evolved, exactly--due to interdimensional blending, that's precisely the word we use here. We here in this world, Sidhe, are tightly between two worlds--Tir-na-nOg and Earth, so we pick up things from them. Down the mountain we go, then!"

"So, then, tell me about your world. That might clue me in as to why the wyrm went there--and perhaps how we may get him back. It was raised in captivity, so it poses something of a danger to us."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate