Go ahead and roleplay about other things (like MML, Neopets, Subeta, or Pokemon) here! Just about anything you can roleplay is allowed here (but stick to Evelon's rating, please). ^.^

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Other Roleplaying!

Times of War*~

Postby BasilFox » 08/05/2008 1:43 PM

Rules~

I want LITERACY. That means decent posts. One liners will be tolerated to a certain point. Sometimes a one-liner is all you need to do. However they can not make up the majority of your posts. List intros are fine as long as you have a paragraph style one that will appear in the roleplay. No Gm orPP, chatspeak is prohibited as well, and spammers will have their noses detached from their faces >3. Please, keep your wolf's powers to a minimum. This means I don't want wolves with spikes and icicles growing out of their coats. No coats covered in a substance that would harm an attacker. Abilites must be kept to ONE element or sub-element. I also want varrying degrees of power. I don't want 50 billion wolves that have super-fire powers. No Thank You. Shifters should have ONE form. ONE. This will typically be a battle form.

Setting~

A large forest makes up the heart of this territory. To the east of this forest are tall, snow-capped mountains. Tp the west is a lake, about half the size of the forest. A river connects to this lake. The river comes from the mountains and runs through the forest. A creek branches off from this river to run through a meadow to the North of the forest. The south is a barren landscape. Almost a desert. However this is the shortest way to reach the ocean that surrounds this land. It is dusk. Please note that each pack controls half of the forest.

Plot~

Humans have long come to this place for the hunting. Everything seems to be bigger. However, they don't come for the deer, elk, and other such animals that abound here. No. They come for the wolves. These wolves have proved to be excellent hunting. They seem smarter than the wolves of other places, quicker, cunning, and most important of all: big. However a species can only take this for so long. After a while they would come to a cross-roads: Die out, or Evolve. The wolves of this island journeyed deepr and deeper into the unknown places of this place and they evolved. They gained powers, the likes of which humans have only heard of in legends, and on online roleplay sites {xD}. The wolves can manipulate the elements, shift into forms that range from terrible battle-beasts, to tranquil prey-animals. The most noticeable thing is that they can talk. Their intelligence, already superior to normal wolves, has evolved to rival that of humans. The humans leave. Rather than destroy the island, they leave it alone. They pretend it never existed. It was never there....But it was. The wolves there, now left to their own devices, thrive. They break up into two packs: The Windsong Pack and The NightClaw Pack. These packs have always, since their creation, existed along a shaky boundry line. The Nightclaw Pack on one side, with the South and East, and the WindSong Pack with the North and West. Finally, the howls of war have been sounded....silently though. Each pack suspects the other of treachery and deceit, and the council meetings of the crescent moon have long been discontinued. The only council that would exist now is a war council.

WindSong Pack~

Alpha: OPEN

Alpha's Mate: OPEN

Beta: OPEN

Omega: TAKEN; Cheese {Firejay}

Pups: Er....o.o Open?

The Warriors: Char,

The Healer: {One who will heal}

NightClaw Pack~

Alpha: Gash {Kaku}

Alpha's Mate: OPEN

Beta: OPEN

Omega: OPEN

Pups:

The Warriors: {Those who will fight}

The Healer: {One who will heal}

The WindSong Pack~

The WindSong Pack is known by rogues and smaller,less important packs on the island for it's singers. The wolves of this pack possess howls that would put many a human choir to shame. The wolves of this pack have great control over elemental abilities.

The NightClaw Pack~

The Nightclaw Pack is known for its fighters. These wolves have mastered the art of shape shifting to a level far superior to the normal wolf's ability. Wolves of this pack that have elemental abilities generally control wind or fire. Ice powers have also been developed do to the harsh, cold weather of the barren lands of the south. Wolves with ice powers will work with wolves with fire powers to create water in tough times.

{Yes. Most wolves here have a second form. This means that you may have TWO powers if you choose so.}

Finally, NO MORE ROGUES. My two characters have that department all filled up >>. Why no rogues? The reason is that whenever I do this roleplay {I've attempted it in various other places} I get 50 billion rogues and like 2 actual pack members. Soooo, NO MORE ROGUES. I might allow another one though, if there are sufficient pack members first.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My intro:

The barren landscape of the south was hardly sutible for life. Just traveling across it, as two wolves seemed to be doing was miserable.

Light green paws next to teal carried a white wolf next to a mudbrown wolf. Both wolves were male and went by the names Basil and Coryn.

Basil possessed light green tips, paws, underbelly, and muzzle. Even lighter than those were her wings; feathered.His powers were of the wind and transformation.

Coryn possessed teal tips, paws, underbelly, and muzzle. He too had feathered wings, colored in a lighter shade of teal. His powers were ice as well as transformation.

These two wolves were in NightClaw territory, but they weren't of the pack. Neither were they of the Windsong pack or any for that matter. They were rogues. Basil and Coryn would help whatever side they wished. Most likely the most powerful.
ImageImage

"I cringe.
The sound of my voice rips through me.
They scream.
The sound of my laughter stabs them.
He cowers.
The sound of his breathing betrays him.
I smile.
Only the sound of my music remains."
BasilFox
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 16
Donate

Postby BasilFox » 08/05/2008 1:46 PM

ooc: My intro is very choppy, so if it doesn't make sense, just tell me and I will make a few adjustments. =3
ImageImage

"I cringe.
They scream.
He cowers.
I smile.
BasilFox
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firejay » 08/05/2008 11:03 PM

((May I join as the WindSong Omega? Poor Cheese needs to stretch her legs...
Here's the intro. ))

Small, delicate paws kneaded the earth, moving slowly so as to stifle sound and divert attention elsewhere. Step... step... step... Silently, silently, she moved; a shadow, a silhouette of utter darkness against the sunlit green of the foliage around her. Sunlight approached her, played upon her thin woolen pelt and warmed the she-wolf beneath, but none of it left once it entered; the follicles trapped it, absorbing it jealously and the sunlight was forever without hope of escape. She was a black hole with the form of a slim wolfess, crouched warily against the ground, her legs forever tensed to flee. She slunk, belly low, to the pack-grounds of the WindSong, her birthpack, the place she felt most comfortable - but even there, she was terrified day and night.

A twig cracked under her paw. Every muscle froze, every hair stood on end while the she-wolf listened. She dared not move. Had the noise angered someone? Perhaps they planned her punishment already. Resigned, she crouched low, her paws gathered up and her tail tucked around her tiny form. Punishment was no less than she deserved. No less than was required to deal with such a vile one as she. Her ears twisted, pressed back against her skull. No less... than she deserved... but it was frightening, wasn't it? Yes.

To be a shade, to be an omega; it was her fate. Too weak to hunt, too scared to fight, too dumb to heal, too timid even to howl as others. A useless specter that dogged the WindSong pack. A burden. She was just a burden. Each barb, though she delivered it in her own mind and though she knew them all as truth, struck with deadly precision; with each, she crouched lower, pulled herself in more closely, dipped her muzzle more.  The life of an omega was a hard one. But this femme, so fearful, so strange, accepted it. It was the only thing for which she was suited.

She stood for But she shook herself minutely, slunk a bit further, slowly, cautiously; each footfall was weighted carefully for her own benefit, to be silent and not risk the wrath of the WindSong pack. She traveled as a shadow, as a specter, for what could she, so dark that she was seen only where nothing else was, hope to be besides?

She stood, straightening her limbs for the first time in weeks. For the instant when she stood straight, the instant before she dropped to her belly again, the silhouette of a wolfess was plain; but then it was gone and replaced by a beam of sunlight, shining plain through the empty air.

((Sorry. That was a really bad intro. >.< ))
[align=center]My Zoo Pen

The Model T only has two speeds; 'quite fast' and 'really very fast'.[/align]
Firejay
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 203
Donate

Postby Kaku » 08/06/2008 9:35 AM

( May I join with two wolves? One could be the Alpha of NightClaw and one could be a fighter of WindSong? I'll go ahead and start the intro for The WindSong fighter, sense a fighter isn't as important as a Leader ^-^. Feel free to say no on the leader and everything, they could both just be fighters XD)

'Another one... Another deadly blow to the neck... But did I actually do good enough? Should I have not even given' it the chance to run? Yeah... The elders would have had it in there mouth by the time it even realized there was anything wrong. It's neck would have been snapped while it tried to figure out what had happened.... I... I need to work harder'

These were the thoughts of WindSong's warrior, a new warrior. He'd been raised there from pup, and felt that he owed WindSong's pack everything.. His hardest efforts to hunt, fight, kill. He'd give them all that he could, and would still feel that they deserved more from him. It was a feeling that only the ones that knew him from his pup years would understand.

A rabbit lay limp in the wolves jaws as he trotted towards his packs camp. His beautiful gray fur dancing in the wind as he pursued forward. His mind didn't even drift to the thought of eating the rabbit before offering to the elders. If they were hungry, then of course he'd feed it to them first and go out hunting again, he considered them to be of much more importance then he. The pack needed them more, so keeping them strong and ready would be his priority. It was the way things worked with him, that's just how he thought, and that's what he's been like for most of his life.

he didn't expect to change his ways any time soon.
<center>Image

Image</center>
Kaku
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 523
Donate

Postby BasilFox » 08/08/2008 9:57 AM

ooc: Of course you both may join. 83

But I need names for the wolves. So I can record them properly. x3
ImageImage

"I cringe.
They scream.
He cowers.
I smile.
BasilFox
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firejay » 08/08/2008 10:04 AM

((Err... this she-wolf doesn't actually have a name. -shrug- Can you put her down as Cheese? It's what I call her ooc. ))
[align=center]My Zoo Pen

The Model T only has two speeds; 'quite fast' and 'really very fast'.[/align]
Firejay
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 203
Donate

Postby BasilFox » 08/08/2008 1:35 PM

ooc: xD Okay.
ImageImage

"I cringe.
They scream.
He cowers.
I smile.
BasilFox
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kaku » 08/08/2008 9:52 PM

(Okies ^-^. The leader will be named Gash and the fighter will be named.... Char ^-^?)
<center>Image

Image</center>
Kaku
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 523
Donate

Postby _Untamed_Spirit_ » 09/27/2008 10:47 AM

May I join as alpha's mate of NightClaw Pack and alpha of WindSong Pack?
_Untamed_Spirit_
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 100
Donate