Go ahead and roleplay about other things (like MML, Neopets, Subeta, or Pokemon) here! Just about anything you can roleplay is allowed here (but stick to Evelon's rating, please). ^.^

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Other Roleplaying!

[Arrikanez RP](Current Plot: "Royal Banquet")[ASK

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 11/26/2008 3:23 AM

DO NOT POST UNLESS GIVEN PERMISSION

This RP is Arrikanez-based, and meant to be continuous and LONG. There are rules that must be followed, and they are as follows.

-DO NOT post here unless you have permission from me. Either PM me and ask, or ask in the IRC when I'm there, and I'll give you an answer.

-The MAIN Arrikanez [Dragon, Aaron, Benvolio, Zael, Erik, Damien] are to be obeyed at all times. According to who you are in the family you address them as befits the given titles. Unless you are one of them. I'll delve into that in the background info later.

-Anything -I- say, goes. This is my RP, and I will have it run smoothly. XD

-Post in ORDER. If you don't post within two days when it's your turn, I have the right to NPC your Arrikanez / ignore your own character in order to return to order. Thems the breaks, sorry.

-Stick to the storyline / plot. Stick to the universal norms. Juridia is NOT Evelon - although crossing from Evelon is not uncommon. Keep in mind what NPCs or the Arrikanez SAY about the castle or the surrounding lands, and don't change it.

-Understand who and what is in the castle before you make an assumption. ALL Arrikanez are royalty - but they have varying titles. Unless your character is unaware who they are. The titles are as follows:

[area]Aaron Arrikanez: King
Address as "Your Majesty", "Sire", "My Lord [M'lord]", "Your Highness", "His Highness"

Dragon Arrikanez: Royal Physician
Address as "Sir", "My Lord [M'lord]", "Doctor Arrikanez"

Benvolio Arrikanez: Duke
Address as "Little Lord", "Sir", "Benvolio"

Zael Arrikanez: King's Advisor [Regent]
Address as "My Lord", "Sir", "Your Excellency"

Erik Arrikanez: Royal Soothsayer [Regent]
Address as "Your Excellency", "My Lord", "Sir", "Seer", "Sayer"

Damien Arrikanez: Duke
Address as "Sir", "My Lord"[/area]

-For those of you playing the main six, their colors MUST stay the same as written here.

Aaron - Navy Blue
Dragon - Brown
Erik - Teal
Benvolio - Orange
Damien - Gray / Silver
Zael - Forest Green

~~~-----------------------------------------------------------------~~~

[area]Current Plot:
"The Royal Banquet"

Everyone is excited and stressed. The annual Royal Banquet is being held soon, and there is much to do. With Aaron having just taken the throne after Dragon stepped down, he's at his wits end with preparations and learning how to run the kingdom. To make matters worse, Delegates from other kingdoms [some other races] have decided to attend the banquet - which means more to be done and in a shorter time.
Also, many of the Arrikanez children have gone missing. They are being search for everywhere by Zael and any volunteers who wish to help. The date of the banquet fast approaches, and the castle is in chaos. It just so happens that on this day... the portal to Evelon [or whatever worlds your OCs are from] opens up in the courtyard, and introduces more people to the castle grounds. People that Aaron and the others aren't exactly expecting.[/area]
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 424
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 11/26/2008 3:30 AM

Aaron was at his wit's end. Almost literally pulling hair from his head in frustration and stress. There were papers to be signed, things to be bought. Areas of the castle to renovate... and planning to be done as to how the hell he was going to fit thirty of the velociraptor-type K'chrr in the castle banquet hall when they weren't even able to sit down on chairs. It was not exactly the best day to be told that the children were missing, and he almost backhanded the messenger, before he regained his composure.

"Send out a bulletin." he said, amazingly calm. "Zael, and a party of ten he chooses, are to go and search for the missing kids. I want the rest of the people confined to rooms for the time being. I think I almost ran through another ghost earlier, and if I do that again, I'm going to have a heart attack."

He sighed, shook his head, and adjusted his crown as he sank back into the throne. How he wished one of his brothers were here to advise him. But Dragon was at work, Zael was doing what he'd just ordered... Wait now. Erik was available. As was Ben. He stopped the messenger for a moment.

"Will you also give orders that the royal Soothsayer and the young Duke are to meet me in the throne room with all haste?"

The man nodded and departed. Aaron rubbed his temples. It was going to be a LONG winter.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kodai » 11/27/2008 7:26 PM

As it was, the royal Soothsayer was in his room, preparing for the banquet. Or, more accurately, agonizing over what to wear. Casual clothes would never do, of course, and so Erik stood in front of his wardrobe, going over the choices in his mind. He still had plenty of time to decide, after all, and--

Knock knock.

Erik was thrown off his train of thought by the urgent sound at his door. Sighing, he wrapped a cloak about his shoulders and approached the door, remaining content to stand there as he spoke.

"Yes, what is it...? ... The King wishes to see me? With all haste? Very well, I shall be but a moment..." Sighing again, he returned to his wardrobe. Ah, poor Aaron though. He was likely having the worst time of it. Choosing an outfit at random, (all black and silver, quite lovely) Erik dressed quickly, intent on seeing what his brother wanted. Swiftly he strode out of his room and through the halls to the throne room, where he spied the new King looking positively weary.

"You called for me, dear brother...?"
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 674
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 12/05/2008 9:53 PM

Aaron had almost been asleep in the throne. At Erik's voice, he looked up and around, spying his brother. A sigh escaped, and a smile touched his lips. The boy looked exhausted. Even moreso than usual.

"Actually, I did call for you. I wanted some company tonight. I've got Zael out looking for the kids, Dragon's gods only KNOW where, and Ben is... well, I don't know. Damien's in the kitchen making dinner so far as I know. It's taking up all his time, and I was a little lonely."

He looked down, a bit sheepish. And chuckled.

"Of course, I could have just left you to your own devices. I probably should have. I mean - you DO have that... whatever it was you were working on.. to do."

Sighing again, he rose from the throne, and crossed over to his brother to hug him. He felt thin, and a little shaky.

"I am SO tired, Erik - You have no idea."
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kodai » 12/17/2008 11:33 PM

"Ah, worry not, Aaron. You only caught me in the middle of deciding what to wear to tonight's events. As for ...that... ...well. It can wait. My brother is far more important, after all." Erik gave a light smile, and wrapped his arms around Aaron in return. He noticed how thin and frail the boy seemed, and tired as well. Becoming King was really starting to take its toll on Aaron.

"Surely you have time to rest? It would not do for you to become ill before the festivities began. Come." He led Aaron back to the throne and gently pushed him down into the seat, then stood beside him like a faithful guardian, letting his hand fall on the armrest lightly. "Perhaps if you told me what was on your mind, you wouldn't have such a burden to carry."
Kodai
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 674
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 12/19/2008 3:14 PM

The Arrikanez monarch slumped back into the throne, and looked up at Erik. Something seemed to strike him as humorous, because he let loose a bit of a snicker, and shook his head fondly.

"Gods forbid I ever become that much of a clothes horse. I swear, Erik - you get vainer by the day. You look fine, you silly prancing pony."

Of course, the teasing was lighthearted, and meant only in jest. Aaron didn't have that much time to come up with gentle jokes now-a-days, so he was forced to try and cheer people up on the spot. Which often wound up in hurt feelings. He didn't mean to harm, and Aaron was sure Erik knew that. He had to. After all - the Seer was his brother, and had been through worse days than this, with worse insults.

"Regardless, though, of how you look, and how I feel, we have things to go over. You're right. There is an awful lot on my mind - and not all of it is just about the party tonight. And the rest of the nights this month. Xalneas is a big to-do... but so is the fact that the delegates from the K'charr are on their way, and I haven't a thing to offer them. Food wise, yes. Politically? No. They own half the lands we want, and control the majority of the gold and silver industry. If we can't please them, we can forget having coins minted, or crows and such made. Worse than that... if we offend them, we could very likely end up at war. And none of us are prepared for that."

Aaron sighed, and plopped his chin in his hand, resting his elbow against the throne's arm, and leaning on it.

"What's more - rebellion in our own lands is forcing me to reconsider the outposts I placed. I don't want to put anyone in danger."

He let loose a wry chuckle.

"Heh. No wonder Dragon was so happy to be rid of this crown. It's more trouble than it's worth sometimes."
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate