Feel free to talk about pretty much anything here with your fellow members.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Gossip and Chatter

Interest Check: Pet Raffles?

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/26/2014 5:39 PM

Some of you may have noticed that I recently suggested official site pet raffles, as an alternative, additional way to get pets out there aside from official auctions, which seems to have gone over well.

However, the idea also came along with me considering to host some of my own. I would likely only raffle off bredables or custom pets, since those are more typically sought after. My main wonder is, would anyone be interested in such a thing? Where you pay a small bit of KS to enter a raffle for a chance to win a pet of higher value than what you paid to enter.

If it does sound interesting, then what pets would you guys be interested in actually entering raffles for? Original Kuhnas, bred Kuhnas, Lucain, Paragon, what?

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2844
Donate

Re: Interest Check: Pet Raffles?

Postby Kitsumi » 08/26/2014 8:01 PM

Well, speaking for myself, I would certainly be interested. Then again, something like that is kind of hit or miss, you know? If you have a pet that is in high demand, or one that very many people are interested in, you could get a lot of attention and people entering the raffle. If you happen to have a pet available that not many people are interested in, you may not have any entrants or only having a few. I'm sure you know all this, though.

Again, speaking solely for myself, I probably would only have interest if it were a breedable or a custom that was being raffled off. Special Event pets aren't always available for trade, but when they are, you can usually get them for a reasonable amount of keystones. So it doesn't make too much sense (to me) to pay a few keystones to maybe get a pet, when I could pay more keystones to definitely get the pet.

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7189
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 08/26/2014 8:05 PM

I'd definitely be interested in raffles. As a matter of fact, I might be more interested in event pet raffles, since sometimes it's harder to think of a character for a breedable.
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 08/26/2014 8:47 PM

I'm DEFINITELY on board for Custom raffles, and then already-made breedables are lovely too. I agree with what Kitsumi said about other pets, but at the same time, I think raffling off nonbreedables would be fine as well, especially for users who don't have many KS and who would like a shot at it. The way I see it is, if it's a more commonly obtained pet, only those who really want it will enter the raffle, so it's more likely to go to someone who wants that pet and now has it for fewer KS than normal. Does that make sense? TL;DR I think this is a great idea and I think all types of pets would be radical.

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby MillietheWarrior » 09/02/2014 1:17 AM

If you're talking about hosting raffles where you auction off your own pets,  I've done quite a few in the past and they were a hit and miss. It sort of depends. A lot of it depends on the items in the raffle; people don't always want whats there, and there are usually more prizes than entrants. I think it's great for new users and such, especially if you use pets that have been siting about in the sales section that a lot of people don't want. Or throw up special pets that you'd never trade, but would like to give away. I think those are good ideas, and if you are doing "personal raffles" which include your own pets, I'd be glad to donate some of mine.

However, if the mods were going to be involved at all, I think it'd be nice to have a few randomly made up customs here and there to mix in with the batch. But otherwise, I think raffles are good ideas (I think giving away just about anything are good ideas x3 ) and I'd love to see some raffles. Like I said, if you do decide to do your own hosted ones, and you need some pets, just let me know, and I'd be happy to throw some in. I LOVE raffles, and I love watching raffles and seeing who gets what! I'd love to see user-hosted ones crop up; those are fun!

If you do, maybe some interesting things to put in:
- Grab bags, where there are certain things in each slot, and depending on the fee you pay, you can enter for a higher prize with more things
- Mystery bags, where you enter but have no idea what is in the box. Perhaps some sort of clue or hint about what it could be, similar to giftboxes
- Mystery grab bags, where you don't know whats in the bag, but it has a large amount of things. Perhaps one pet or item is listed
- Item bags; this might require donations (Maybe a Mod could sanction giving you items for the specific raffle; they won't have to make 'em, and people love items), but you can have bags that have items in them. Some could be specifically the high end breedable ones, or some could be the low cost ones
- If Mods are asked and possibly do allow for things to be added to the user-hosted rafle, I think it'd be great if, along with potions, things like breeding keys were thrown in from time to time, or a custom pet from time to time (one that the Mod randomly makes up, no custom slots) Even having GT or a large amount of KS (Perhaps from the Mods, if they sanction that) would be fun too!

I'd love to help out and donate whatever I have available, if you ever need it. ^^

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/12/2014 2:26 PM

Thank you for the feedback, everyone~

For what I was intending with this thread, it would be my own pets, yes. I also didn't intend to raffle more than one thing at a time. (Or more or less to keep the prizes as separate raffles, even if I do more than one at a time.) It would essentially be in replacement of selling pets regularly. Say I breed a pretty Lucain but, instead of putting it up for trade, I put it up to raffle. Sometimes I end up sitting on pretty pets, that people do show interest in, but I just have trouble trading them for things that I like.

Initially, I didn't intend to combine my raffle ideas with the official raffles that I suggested that the staff do, as an alternative to auctions. Of course, I'm not opposed to trying to host raffle events with the mods' help. I think the latter portion of your post would be great to have posted in my suggest thread for the mods to see, though. To suggest other things that can be raffled instead of just customs.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2844
Donate