Feel free to talk about pretty much anything here with your fellow members.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Gossip and Chatter

Durarara

Postby Thunder » 02/01/2010 7:43 PM

So. Anyone here watching this anime? xD It's very interesting... I say my favorite character has to be Izaya, 'cause he's just an awesome jerk like that o3o; And cell phone stomping, yes. xD That moment will go down in anime history. "Hey mannn!"

Don't know what Durarara is? As Wikipedia puts it:

"Mikado Ryūgamine is a young man who longs for the exciting life of the big city. At the invitation of his childhood friend Masaomi, he transfers to a school in Ikebukuro. Masaomi warns him about people he doesn't want to cross in the city: a violent man dressed like a bartender, an information merchant, and a mysterious gang called "Dollars". And to top it off, Mikado witnesses an urban legend on his first day in the city: the Headless Rider astride a black motorcycle."

It's pretty new; it came out just this year, but if you're into anime I'd really recommend watching it. There's only about 4 episodes so far, but it's extremely intriguing.

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Re: Durarara

Postby Maelstrom » 02/03/2010 2:47 AM

I've watched the first two episodes and I admit I was intrigued. The headless rider is totally my favorite character so far (I think it's a women btw), but the russian bartender was kind of unusual. I kind of want to go looking for the other two episodes now.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Maelstrom
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 602
Donate
Location: The Ladies' Anarchist Sewing Circle and Terrorist Association

Postby Mojave » 05/12/2017 1:08 AM

So I'm SUUUPER late to the party but I just started watching Durarara today. So far, I am laughing my butt off at Izaya and Shizuo (such hate! but I totally ship it cuz I'm just that sick lol) I had a feeling Seiji's gf would have something to do with Celty (though Seiji's whole thing freaks me the eff out honestly) and my fave character is Izaya hands down. I'm only on the 5th or 6th episode (Celty just saw Seiji's gf) so I'm eager to see if the three high schoolers get mixed up in any of the other stories more than they have been (which is just by chance so far). I REALLY dig how all the stories effect each other, even in the smallest ways. c:
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 05/12/2017 1:17 PM

(Homfgh I read the first post that was like "it's this brand new anime" and I was so confused until I checked the timestamp LOL)

Yeeees DRRR is a very good time omg. I haven't seen the second season but Celty is my wife omg I adore her so much. All of the characters are very fun!! Watching Baccano first definitely prepared me for the wild, tangled web of stories that DRRR held so I didn't have tooo much trouble following the storyline. Even so, it's a confusing but excellent anime!

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Mojave » 05/12/2017 3:56 PM

OMG RYUGAMINE'S IDENTITY! I was not expecting that at all! And Seiji and stalker girl are still freaky af/so unhealthy my skin is crawling, but at least I was wrong in my journal. Lol

I'll have to check Baccano out too, Zap.
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate