Feel free to talk about pretty much anything here with your fellow members.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Gossip and Chatter

Help me with My Christmas Contest?

Postby MillietheWarrior » 11/13/2014 11:45 PM

So, every year I run a Christmas contest. I enjoy these immensely, and I've already begun planning my newest one. However, I'm not so great at implementing and coming up with ideas to use in my contests. So, I'd love to know if anyone had any ideas they'd like to see incorporated into this year's contest? Do you want roleplay replies, riddles, mazes, puzzles? Do you have any ideas of your own you'd like to see? What kinds of prizes interest you most? I'll be using a lot of my own pets for this, so you can expect Lucain/Paragon/Seasonals, etc. What is the big ticket one for you? Let me know what you'd like to see, what you'd like to do, and how I can make this year's contest better!

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: Help me with My Christmas Contest?

Postby zapdragon555 » 11/13/2014 11:50 PM

One thing I absolutely love, but that takes quite a bit of effort, are those like, adventure RPs? Kind of like the Turkzilla haunted house one that happened a few years (?) back? Where people RP in the topic in a certain order (I think that's how it went?) and prizes are earned? So that would qualify as a maze I think, haha. Riddles are also really fun IMO~

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Re: Help me with My Christmas Contest?

Postby ToxicShadow » 11/14/2014 12:44 AM

I really enjoyed the roleplay activity that you did last year, where there were set up areas and we just all roleplayed in them for X plot reason. Although, because I am a sucker for roleplaying with you, I do enjoy it when your characters get involved in the roleplays some, too.

The only minor issue with that roleplay set up was that I think we all pretty much "self roleplayed," even though we were all in the same roleplay threads. No ones characters ended up interacting. It was more practical to self roleplay, but maybe not quite as fun. Not sure how to fix that, though, since posting orders don't usually work too well if someone can't post and everyone is left waiting on them. :c

A different roleplay idea is that maybe you can have several different threads in different roleplay areas set up. Say we all sign up and start roleplaying in one thread. After so many posts in that thread, we earn a "clue," which points us in the direction of which thread our characters have to hunt for the next clue in? Prizes could be based on how far a user gets, if they complete so many areas or just given out sort of randomly? Maybe there is a chance they earn a small prize alongside getting a clue?

The clues could be given out by one of your characters or be a found scrap of paper in roleplay or even just PM'd to a user or what have you.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate