Feel free to talk about pretty much anything here with your fellow members.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Gossip and Chatter

Personal Favorite Characters?

Postby crow » 11/14/2014 11:56 PM

As much as I wish I could say I loved all my characters the same, I have to admit that I have my favorites--- the ones I like to write most, the ones whose designs and concepts I really love, the ones whose personalities are most entertaining for me, the ones with the best plots, etc. So that got me wondering: what about the rest of you? Who, if anyone, are your favorites out of your personal creations?

Plus, hey, if anyone sees a character on here they think is really interesting, maybe we could get some more RPs going! But this is mostly just a thread to ramble self-indulgently about your babies. ovo

I'll start:

One of my oldest characters on Evelon that I've remained really fond of is Sivain.
Image Image

There's just something about his backstory that gets me. Maybe I'm a sucker for jaded, noble martyr types? But it's also funny to see this tall, stoic former god turn into a Lubshi just to make a little kid happy. I haven't RPed him much, but now that I've started plotting with my Evelon characters again, his story's gotten some interesting developments too that I can't wait to play out.

As for new favorites, there's Sendou:

Originally he was supposed to be this imposing, taciturn ferryman who carried the souls of the dead across the river separating the afterlife from the world of the living, but then I got the idea to turn him into the spirit of the river itself. He's one of my visual favorites, which is interesting because I can't actually picture all of my characters, and some are more vague than others as far as appearances go. It's very rare that I'll get a whole, detailed visual concept of what they're supposed to look like, as I do with him. Character-wise he's rather simple right now, but that's part of the fun. He's currently in an RP with Atoli, and I'm looking forward to seeing him develop.

There's also Charlie:

She got added into one of my self-plots on the fly, so I'm surprised that I like her as much as I do. That particular self-plot is one I write without a whole lot in mind of where it's necessarily going, which sometimes works well and sometimes not so much. Out of all my characters on Evelon, I think she's the easiest for me to write, and I kind of love that her world is so mundane--- crappy parents, baby brother, her school full of delinquents and her cozy part-time job. Well, and time-travellers. But in her defence, it wasn't as if she went looking for those. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to write her well since she's got a bit of an abrasive attitude, and I think if I was RPing her with someone else I'd be more nervous about that, but in a self-RP I don't have to worry about coming off as excessively rude.

Finally, an old-new character that turned into a favorite:

Risse! She was one of my very first Lucain, whom I later got back via trade. For a long time, I really struggled with her character--- she had to have one, since she was tied to another character of mine whom I didn't want to scrap, but I just had no inspiration for her. Then I developed my demons a bit more and the pieces just fell into place for her new plot. She got a spiffy minimark makeover to commemorate that too, and I think it spiced up her Lucain form really well. This is the first time I've been excited about writing her since waaaaay back when breedings first came out, and her new plot has done wonders in adding layers to her personality. Plus it kicked off the creation/update of a lot of other characters. I just... have to write everything out, which is gonna take a while, but. Still excited~
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate

Re: Personal Favorite Characters?

Postby Mojave » 11/15/2014 12:45 PM

I too have personal favorites, and I can't even pretend otherwise. xD;

Dracaz is hands down my all time favorite. He and his half brother are representations of my conscience, and even though Toki is the oldest in my head and the one I try to listen to in RL, I have more of a connection to Dracaz. Maybe it's his story of being betrayed so many times that really solidifies that preference (while Toki's life is pretty much boring and perfect). And when I do roleplay them (I haven't done so here yet), Dracaz is just far easier to write with.

When I first joined in April of 2007, back on the eamped website, I had a favorite out of all the garbage I threw out. Tarot. And he's withstood the test of time and remained part of my Evelon clan and he's not going anywhere. I've put this little Sahound through so much and his journey isn't over. :)

My next favorite is Grey. She's a bit naive, and a little shut in, but she doesn't have a mean bone in her body. She's an avid bookworm/egghead and I just love her to pieces cuz she's adorable. (She's supposed to be a blue, brown, and cream african wild dog btw. lol)

And lastly, Charge. Dear gods, Charge. lol. This creepy, perverted, and obnoxious little sh*t is definitely a fave. I got the inspiration for him over on Aywas during the Apocolypse Hound event. I have permission from the creator of that species to make one with double set of ears, but I'm just not prepared to pay what it would take to make him over there. So I brought him here. :) I'm still working on his kuhna protector, but once I have her finished, I plan to paint a thread red with them.
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 11/15/2014 1:21 PM

I do have a couple of favorites, mainly the ones I've RPed the most (offsite, mostly, but I'm glad I'm bringing them to Evelon now)!

Cody Winborne here has been through a lot of stories, and he has my heart forever tbh. I love him a lot and he's the character I connect with the most easily out of all of mine. He's changed a little throughout all the stories, but still keeps his core personality from when I first made him, and I love that. He's been through too many AUs to count and let's just leave it at that lolol.

This guy still needs a couple of add-ons but Clivius Amentia is also a very old character of mine. He's changed a LOT, and actually started out as a homestuck troll fan character, which is hilarious, given that now he's a very placid and polite young man who's very much human. He used to be a lot meaner, which wasn't very fun, really, since it wasn't so much villain-mean as jerk-mean. Now I love him much more than I used to.

Cyril Pearcival. Ah, Cyril. Talk about someone who's changed a lot, Cyril is probably one of my most dynamic characters as far as changes in character. He started out as a very flat character, the brother of one of my other characters who faked his own death and became a monster of a serial killer. Eventually through much RPing he's become much more human and realistic and, dare I say, relatable, but still manages to keep that core system of values and personality traits, despite not even being a killer in certain RPs.

This one actually needs a Lucain form eventually but tbh I kind of like him as an Akail, at least for awhile. Dukhaan Perndhasa leads two different lives, if I'm honest. In "canon," a post-apocalyptic frozen wasteland, he's a thief and member of the Inigeri Clan, a race of cutthroat thieves and assassins, though he himself is a little incompetent, he's got a lot of heart and wants to be famous among the Clan as best thief. Good luck with that kiddo. In AUs, which I've been focusing on more, he's a kid of mixed race living with his mom and younger brother. His dad skipped out on his family and his older brother is involved in a pretty scary drug ring, so he tries to stay in school so he can eventually support his family. The two versions of him share a very similar personality: hotheaded, passionate, jaded, and trickstery.

Mittsu Muttsume, also called Six, is a Japanese demon and the head of a small yakuza gang. He's very stone-faced and serious, and many people fear and respect him, but he also has an affinity for cats (this could be because his alternate "cloaking" form is a small black cat) and often takes a few bullets for his men, as the only way to kill him is to sever his small wings, which he usually keeps hidden under his jacket. He has a brother named Shikyu who I'd love to get a Lucain form for eventually.

Shiloh Moony, who just goes by Moony, was once the apprentice of a mirror smith in the late 1700s. He was taken in by the gruff man on account of having no visible parents and being "a little touched in the head." Moony is actually an empath and can talk to anything in nature, but cannot talk to animals or other people through his thoughts, because the consciousnesses rage against each other so hard that it hurts. He likes to talk to flowers and trees and rocks, however. One day he accidentally broke one of the mirrors and was sucked inside by a spirit of bad luck, and was forced to wander a mirror world where all of his memories of his mentor and himself disappeared. He occasionally finds exits, which lead to other mirrors made in the year 1777, the same year of the mirror he broke. This is the only way he can travel until all of the mirrors of that year break and he's lost forever.

A sleepy-eyed, large demon with an easygoing appearance and gentle face, Sencha Ryokucha is actually a species of incubus. While he isn't adverse to the idea of sex, it's not what he feeds off of; Sencha actually feeds off of platonic and light affection, and offers hugs and chaste kisses to almost everyone he meets. While he's extremely affectionate, Sencha gets lonely very easily, and is rather clingy to his main food sources, usually offering sex or even money to make them stay with him. It's hardly what could be called a healthy relationship at all. When he's well fed, he's a very kind and softspoken person. Break his heart, and he becomes something else entirely, much more like his hostile demonic cousins. If he's really desperate for food you might catch him reading one of those cheesy romance novels. His horns and tail can disappear when he chooses, and he's actually rather childish in personality, despite being over seven feet tall and a hundred-some-odd years old.

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Middy » 11/15/2014 3:32 PM

ImageImage

I think Midnight here is very obvious. She is a very old character, one of my oldest next to another who has a connection of sorts with her (that is to remain offsite indefinitely) Midnight herself has gone through many changes over the years, with only few tweaks to her appearance here and there. Her history is ongoing, and her personality becoming more and more complex over the years. I don't RP her much, but the lore behind her family and realm as a whole is vast.

Zealotte, my corrupted angel inquisitor here has put me through more research than any other... she is my only true sociopath and believe it or not, that is something that is very hard to RP right. Getting into that mindset is hard, and her cruelty and methods of torture and execution make it hard to write. I need to RP her some more really after the work she put me through for researching the inquisition so thoroughly.

ImageImage

These two are so heavily intertwined that they need to share a spot. Their back-story is tragic, but it has a happy ending... for now anyway. Cedric is so devoted to his late wife, that even her becoming an angel of afterlife and looking a bit different never changed how he felt for her. She in turn, excepted what he had become. Cedric is my more favored of the two, since a giant toxic monster that remains in human form most of the time is just cool. Plus, he really is a kind and gentle doctor, only wanting to help-- just don't be a serial killer. Flaying and maiming followed by having your bones devoured might happen.

Driscoli holds a special place with me, mainly because we both have horrid OCD, except I'm not a living doll! His coloration in paragon form mimics his Ghoul form combined with a British soldier. He is another complex and in-depth character, and has a cool design in either form. Human form wise, he resembles a toy soldier quite closely, but prefers to wear a top hat over his messy hair instead. Having someone who can control/make toys would be fun to hang out with, maybe he can make me some custom stuff haha

Zerit in his temp form is by far my best fan character for a game (Mass Effect) there is so much I have for him backstory wise that it would take awhile to write it all up. He is a perfect mad scientist, while still being sane which in my mind makes him all the more terrifying. I just love him so so much, that he gets RPed a lot outside Evelon. Apparently, his human form resembles Shuu from Hatoful Boyfriend now that I look at it again haha, funny coincidence. I mean, dating Zerit would have close to the same result, but maybe some more horrific scientific experiments would be done to you instead. Still, he does love his dog so that's good... right?

Jervis Wheeler, one I have not RPed at all. Most of the inspiration for him came from playing Alice: Madness Returns. At first glance, he looks like your typical Victorian gentleman, but in reality he is the God of Progress. He is very obsessed with time, and does act very much like the Mad Hatter (Jervis is crazy too) usually speaking in riddles or ramblings with some lines in perfect clarity. Jervis is also obsessed with Alice in Wonderland soo... >> I do love Jerv, but he needs to get out more and offer tea to more people. Did I mention his realm is very Steampunk... with tea!?

Melissa... omg I love this monster of a lady. It started with me going to college, and our animal is a yellow jacket. So one day I just sat down and began scribbling down wasps and got the inspiration to make a monster girl. That is when Mel was born, and with an interesting back-story, personality, legend, and... family. I really need to write up her bio sometime.

Alder--- my goodness... I just got his monster form drawn and his human form too. I wanted a different kind of scientist/psychologist. He is all black in white in both forms, and very serious too. He has had run-ins with the mafia over the years, almost always working for them. His own experiments are strange, running people through giant mazes to gauge "true intelligence", if successful he implants a chip in them and watching them. Basically seeing humans as test rats. Despite sharing a body/soul with an ancient monster, he considers himself very much human still.

Sinclair Avery or 'Sickle' as his moniker, is a new addition here. He is a subordinate OC from the game Clock Tower 3 with a very strange backstory. He is an undead being, but masquerades as a normal looking businessman. In his past he was a very violent serial killer, wielding farmer's sickles to kill innocent victims-- usually women. His kill count got to 20 victims before he was sentenced to execution by breaking wheel. Being revived into undeath has allowed him to kill more and more. I really just need to write his bio down, as he is another dynamic character.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate