Feel free to talk about pretty much anything here with your fellow members.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Gossip and Chatter

Re: Evelon Lore Theories & Discussion

Postby crow » 05/25/2017 9:57 PM

Personally I've always had a hard time getting into the lore because I wasn't sure where to start... I'm not pointing fingers at anyone or anything in particular, just voicing my personal experience, but a lot of the time it felt like things were alluded to, explained a little, but then not very in-depth? Or, alternatively, there's too much at once and I get overwhelmed.

Examples: I still don't really have a great handle on who each god is, their histories with one another and the world, etc. I also couldn't find information on human-god interaction (ie how they're worshipped; the extent to which they still involve themselves in mortal affairs). Admittedly I may not be looking hard enough/in the right places but...

Re: overwhelming amounts of info: I did take a quick look through the one lore thread in the rules area, but the info there is hard to sort through. The last section in particular looks to be a chat-log that was left in unedited, text-brick form, which... isn't very appealing to me as a reader. I do understand that it's a very old post, but if it were restructured for better readability, say in a similar way to how the rules are laid out right now, that'd go a long way towards making it more accessible for me (and for other people, I suspect).

I'd also be interested in seeing more info on stuff mentioned in the Evelon races PDF. I'm particularly curious about the different planes (a setting PDF might be cool?), as well as more in-depth stuff about the societies of Seraphim, Dwellers and Chaos. The Evelon-canon races aren't exactly 1-1 with more... widely known races such as vampires and dragons, where I could easily do more background research, and since they're Baal's creations (as far as I know?), I don't feel comfortable just making up a lot of details either. I'd probably use them more if I felt more comfortably like I knew what I was doing. Might just be a personal hang-up of mine though P:

As a side-note: I realized while looking through this stuff that the link to the Evelon races PDF was in a different forum section than Kodai's lore thread (Help and Rules & General Info respectively). If lore is going to be more prevalent/comprehensive in the future, I think a separate section, or at least a clearly marked-out subsection where all the lore-relevant info is linked to or amassed, would be really helpful.

I guess my overall point is that I'd be a lot more interested in/comfortable with lore if it was more comprehensive and organized.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate

Re: Evelon Lore Theories & Discussion

Postby Kyrit » 05/26/2017 1:36 PM

Sarah;
Soooome of that information can be found here, but for the most part, as some of the others have said, it's not really in that nice of a format for reading. xD; Kodai kinda just tossed it out there without tidying it up. Not in that thread though, I can tell you Evelon has two moons; Mynia and Maxya. Humans believe the Tear fell from one of the moons, since they look almost like eyes up in the sky. The term mooning on Evelon is also derived from the moons looking like a human's rear while eclipsing one another.

Silver; I don't know tooo much about magic, aside from it being rune based generally, but that's definitely something I can pick Baal's brain about! I know many of Yepha's seraphim for example keep notebooks in which they write down the various runes they know, that way it helps in case they forget one.

RiDragon; It's nice to know there's another bio nerd out there at least. XD I do know that intelligence level does very from species to species at least! I do believe that there are few species that can actually speak with humans, with most roughly being the equivalent of real life species that they're similar to. I do know the Hunters can talk, but I'm unsure on most of them. Definitely something I can gather info on.

Crow;
Yeah, the old thread is.. definitely a hard read. XD I was skimming through it while trying to work on some of the holiday stuff, so I definitely don't blame people for not wanting to read it. That is one thing I'd like to put on my list of things to clean up. Just wasn't sure if it'd be worth it or not. I'd likely break that Religion one down in to a few different threads, starting with one that has a bio for each of the gods in their own post in the thread, since spreading things out a bit makes for easier reads.

If I do keep working on writing out more of the lore of the lands for people, I'll definitely be giving it its own little section. We've always just figured we didn't have enough posted for it to warrant its own section, but yeah. With the information on holidays eventually coming out, a section will definitely be needed. =)

Thanks for your input guys. It's good to see where people would like the information focused on.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1585
Donate

Previous