Feel free to talk about pretty much anything here with your fellow members.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Gossip and Chatter

Should pet names no longer be listed in the Lucain/Paragon/Soveris Records?

Yes, go ahead and remove the names.
22%
No, I like having the names listed.
26%
I don't care. Either way is fine by me.
52%

Total votes : 23

Opinion On Lucain/Paragon/Soveris Ownership Records Thing

Postby ToxicShadow » 02/26/2015 3:44 PM

Hello!

I have been considering, for some time now, to remove the listing of names under pets in the Lucain/Paragon/Soveris records. Basically, making them like the Diosol records.

Originally, my main purpose of listing names was so that it would be easier to identify pets if users renamed them, they had image changes or changed hands. Such as, "Blake is now named Alex," or "The Lucain I named Blake is now going to KittyMcFluffykins." Which made it so that I didn't have to grab the image url and search for it. It cuts down the work a little bit over all, if I have names to search. Users stopped referring to pets by their names over time and simply list their images, so my mechanical reason for it doesn't really exist anymore.

If taking out the listing of names, it would certainly improve the time it takes to update each list, as I wouldn't have to input names, and wouldn't have to record name changes.

On the other hand, even I somewhat like listing names, just as a means to have their names written somewhere in the event that I don't have the pet in my pen yet.

I don't particularly mind, either way, although it is tempting, to cut back on the time and making it a little more efficient in recording purposes. So, I figured, I would ask! If users prefer having names listed, then I will happily continue to do so. If the majority of users don't care or are fine not having names listed, then I'll make the change.

So, let me know your opinion?

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate

Re: Opinion On Lucain/Paragon/Soveris Ownership Records Thin

Postby SpringsSong » 02/26/2015 3:48 PM

In the past, when I've needed to hunt down a particular Lucain or Paragon for some information, I've had to use a segment of the image URL (ParagonToxicFireFemale1, to use an example) to search for posts that included the image in that post, since it would get me a lot farther than searching for the name(s) that pet may have been known by (i.e., if they've been bred/how many times they've been bred).

In short, I don't really mind if names are removed from the listing or if they're kept.
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Re: Opinion On Lucain/Paragon/Soveris Ownership Records Thin

Postby ToxicShadow » 02/26/2015 9:59 PM

Ah, I realized that I intended to say, "How the Diosol records used to be." Just displaying images, rather than names with the images. Not image links. I apologize if that confused anyone.

And, thank you to everyone who has voted so far. Given the number of views this has, combined with the pretty overwhelming results combining those in favor of the change and those that don't mind if the change happens, I'm going to go ahead with the change.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate