Feel free to talk about pretty much anything here with your fellow members.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Gossip and Chatter

Help us out?

Postby Kyrit » 06/13/2016 1:03 AM

Okay, so this honestly probably gone in several different places (suggestions, feedback), but oh well, I chose here. As such, this will just have to do. C=

Anyways, many of you may or may not know that Evelon has both a Tumblr and a Facebook page. We're looking to post a little more content there. While in part we hope to potentially draw new users in in the future, in the long run the major goal of these pages is to connect with users any time we have a downtime issue on the forums and to get little bits of useless but neat information out that we might not have otherwise (aka, world building)

- Concept art
- User submitted/shared art
- Answers to questions
- Notices of any downtime or other forum problems
- And potentially much more!

This is the current list I gave on both pages, but my reason for posting this thread is to ask what you guys would like to see on these pages. I'm currently working on a series of "What does the scientific name mean?" (granted, some I'm going to have to try to recall really hard to remember) and I've got a good bit of concept art and such to post. Another series idea we have involve Kreepy talking about the general freebie colors and showing what goes in to making a new freebie pet or revamping an old freebie pet.

Really though, there's just about no limit to what we could share with you guys on these pages. And the bright side is they aren't particularly going to take time out of any project we're working on, as content for these pages would be done during the time we're waiting on feedback or are between projects.

So uh, with that, I'll end this book and open the floor to all of you!
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Re: Help us out?

Postby Mojave » 06/13/2016 1:20 AM

Does someone already log in to post the updates that are posted here on the boards? I'm just wondering because I never see any posts from Evelon. I like the idea of sharing both concept and user made art and downtime/forum problems. I think the 'making of freebie colors' would be better suited for Tumblr, though. o3o
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 06/13/2016 1:27 AM

Before last week (June 9th to be specific), neither page had been used since August, back when we finally launched the revamped website. Posting all of our usual forum updates on both of those pages as well is definitely a great idea though! Little harder to miss if the update is in three different places. XD
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Postby Moofius » 06/15/2016 12:48 AM

I was going to say updates, too. Especially event things (like the contests) and other things we can participte in. Seeing behind the scenes stuff is really awesome, but the stuff we can actually participate in is really important AND what would draw new users.

"Hey cool concept art! These creatures are rad. Oh, hey an event, too? Maybe I'll go check it out."

Polls would be cool to have. Maybe not life changing ones but maybe polls for streaming events before they start like, "I'm going to demonstrate how to do cool stripes on fur, but I don't know which evelon pet to do it on. Vote now!" would also be fun and a good way to draw in the casual observer.

"Oh dang, the pet I wanted to get stripey-dos is gonna' get stripey dos! And it says here if I go to the stream I'll get a copy of the stream only event pet! WOWZERS!!"
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1098
Donate