Feel free to talk about pretty much anything here with your fellow members.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Gossip and Chatter

League of Legends

Postby zapdragon555 » 06/20/2016 1:46 AM

So uh. I got into this again, despite telling myself I wouldn't. x'D
I used to play League off and on like, several years ago and mained Warwick without really knowing what I was doing, and I only recently got back into it due to the new champion Kindred coming out; their lore was cool enough to drag me back into playing, and I've discovered I'm not half bad at it now! It's a time suck, for sure, but it's also a ton of fun.

For those who have never heard of it, League of Legends (LoL) is a multiplayer online battle arena computer game where you can pick from a wide array of Champions, each with their own unique skill set and stats, and duke it out with a team of other players against bots or other teams, by random matchup or by party pick. Essentially two teams start on opposite corners of a map, and each team has the same number of turrets that you have to take out in order to reach the opposite team's "nexus," their base, and then destroy it to win. There's a bit of a learning curve, and games usually last upwards of 20 mins each, but once you get the hang of it, it's a pretty fun time! I've heard some people can be mean, but so far I've only encountered nice people in my games. xD The game is free to download, but some champions cost money, and it's much faster to get the ones you want if you shell out a little cash. I try to avoid it tho. x'D

Anywhosers my summoner name is Ciaran Feichin and I main Kindred as a jungler / ganker.
Add me yo. B)

EDIT for the sake of organization, I could use this first post to collect summoner names! Just in case everyone wants to add everyone to play in games now and then. :3c

Summoner Name - Evelon Username

Ciaran Feichin - zapdragon555
Kyrit - Kyrit
Tsutori - Thunder
LethalFuzzyBunny - ToxicShadow
Kreepydile (OCE)/Yorutanekke (NA) - Kreepydile

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Re: League of Legends

Postby Thunder » 06/20/2016 10:44 AM

Ahhh I was planning to make a thread like this when I came back from vacation! xD Anyway, my summoner name is Tsutori~ I'm up to play 5v5 or ARAM whenever!

Currently Anivia is my main...totallynotbecauseshe'sabirdoranything. Kinda want to get a Garudor of her :'D

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 06/20/2016 11:46 AM

Ooooo Anivia is a difficult champ to play! For me at least. xD Waaaay back when she was on free rotation I was terrible as her, but she was so beautiful. xDD  And ooh a Garudor would look so pretty. ;v;

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/20/2016 8:20 PM

I've been playing since before Season One, although a little off and on, and you can find me as LethalFuzzyBunny. Due to time constraints, at least during daylight hours, I mostly play ARAMs now, although I also play the "flavor of the week," game mode, as I like to call it, that shows up on the weekends. You know, whatever it might be that week. xD

When I do play 5s, I usually end up supporting, often using Lux, Sona, or Nami, since I'm rusty with the ins and outs of other roles, although I adc and mid, as well. I used to main the adc role, back when I had time. (My husband mained top, jungle and adc for a long period of time, so my roles probably reflect opposite of his on purpose.)

Champion-wise, my ultimate love has always been for Miss Fortune and she was my main for a very long time, and remains my main adc. Lore-wise, I love Kindred, and straight character-wise I just adore Kog'maw and all of his little growling noises when you play him.

Although I have played for a very long time, I am actually very selective about what champs that I play and own. I haven't bought them all just to do it. So champs I play somewhat regularly, as in, play in 5s or 3s by choice,  aside from those already mentioned, includes Ziggs, Ashe, Varus, Jinx, Maokai, Brand, Nidalee, Anivia, Annie, Cassiopeia, Morgana, Malzahar, Swain, Soraka, Quinn, Malphite, Caitlyn, and probably a few others, but remembering them all is difficult. Haha. xD;

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2859
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 06/22/2016 2:28 PM

I've heard about ARAMs but haven't had the courage to try it out yet. xD! They do seem fun for sure lolol. You've played a lot of champs yooo :O I'm impressed lolol I would really love to organize a team match some time with a few evelon people. xD

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 06/22/2016 2:38 PM

Haha don't worry, ARAM is suuuuuper casual xD You literally get assigned a random champ out of the ones you own and the free rotation so you're not expected to be super good or anything. And then it's all one lane so it's literally just poking at the other team until someone goes in and there's a huge teamfight. I like it a lot, it's pretty fun and I think it's a nice way to get familiar with abilities of champions you've never used before~

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 06/22/2016 3:29 PM

Homg that sounds like a great way to get used to champions! :00 Just trying them out in a big ol clustercuss team battle lololol.

Also I feel super dumb because I didn't know Kindred could clip through / vault over walls with Dance of Arrows until yesterday. I was watching someone play competitive with her and I just. I gotta git gud

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/22/2016 6:55 PM

Oh, Zap, Zap, I just added you~

And, yeah, I love ARAMs for trying out champions and just having a bit of fun. The games don't typically run as long as other game modes, which is nice. Like Thunder said, it's not usually very serious, either. Occasionally, you'll still get an overly serious player, but its usually pretty relaxed. It's also a fun way to test out new or unusual item builds, like an AD Ziggs.

I'm going to play an ARAM in the next few minutes, if anyone happens to see this and wants to join me.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 06/22/2016 7:14 PM

I've been playing this game for... 3 years now I think? I have both an OCE (Kreepydile, though I doubt anyone here plays on OCE, have been considering a move though!) and an NA account (Yorutanekke)

For Rift, I've hopped between champs and roles a lot x'D I used to be a support-heavy player, but now I prefer to play top (though I've been tentatively jungling Kindred here and there, I find it to be a really scary role though x'D). I have a maaaassive champion pool because of this whoops. That said, I main Illaoi, and play Maokai, Gnar and Volibear, because I'm kinda a 'stick to the meta' kind of person.

For ARAM and Rotation Mode, I pretty much... play most champions, since I own about 54 and it's a gamble as to what I'll roll. xD While the above are what I play so I don't get yelled at (OCE servers man, they're on level with the LA server toxicity levels unfortunately), I love these modes because I get a chance to play my favourite champions, which are Rumble, AP Kog'maw and Juggernaut/Bruiser Leona!

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 06/24/2016 5:49 PM

Ooooh, Ascension is this weekend's game flavor!

It's where I sometimes like to bring out bruiser/damage-based otherwise tanky champs, like Malphite, Maokai, and Alistar. And lots of AP Sona. And all sorts of things. Haha.

If anyone wants to play some with me over the weekend, I'm usually good to start around this time. Sometimes a bit sooner, sometimes a bit later.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 06/24/2016 6:49 PM

I just got my first S- on Nami! : O She's probably my favorite support right now, and the only one I bought so far xD Didn't get any chests or key fragments or anything though :C

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 07/05/2016 1:29 AM

Gaiz I. I just got an S on Ekko. In ARAM. Without ever having used Ekko before.

He shares a voice actor with Pit and Dark Pit... IT WAS MEANT TO BE.

Also got an S+ on Anivia in ARAM eeeee I'm a happy birb ^v^

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 07/05/2016 2:15 AM

Homg Thunder you're killing it! xD

I got reconnected with Warwick after playing him as a jungler instead of a laner (aka how he was supposed to be played pfft) and I gotta say I missed being not squishy. Kindred is still my favorite to play as, but Warwick is nice if I really wanna kick some butt. xD

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MythicDusk » 07/19/2016 3:57 AM

Haven't been back in how long and the first thing I do is jump on to a League of Legends thread and post my summoner name. Because y'know, priorities.

My summoner name is Arth Yr Pendraig, though that may change because of inactive summoner names at which point I'll update, and I can't play right now because my internet sucks.

I usually play ADC, my current loves are Varus, Tristana and Caitlin, and I now and again play Volibear if I feel like supporting/tanking/biting.
Fun fact, because I play bots because I'm still a small baby and the people who got me into LoL refuse to let me play PvP until level 30, I managed to get around 20 kills as Volibear in bot lane by myself. And I still pushed the dang lane.

I want it to be you, ooh
Diving into my ocean
A brand new emotion come true, ooh
Don't let this night, don't let this night go

How long 'til you play me the song
That will make me belong to you?
One dance with my baby tonight
And we'll dance 'til the night is through

Jax Jones ft. Years & Years - Play

Zoo Pen
MythicDusk
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 425
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 07/29/2016 10:02 PM

Aaaaah, I intended to post this sooner, but better late than never.

A few days ago (maybe a little over a week now?) I played a few ARAMs with Thunder for the first time! <3

That, in and of itself, was lots of fun. I ended up getting an S- on Soraka in our first match, and managed to get a crate. Of course, so far, what I have gotten from crates has not been all that exciting, until now. I managed to get my hands on Annie in Wonderland, a legacy skin that can no longer be purchased!

What makes this MOST exciting, is because, in all actuality, Annie was very first champion I ever played. And, as I love Alice's Adventures In Wonderland and most Alice-y things, it was the first skin I ever wanted. But I never ended up buying it, since I mained ADCs for so long and usually got skins for those champions, if I got any at all. When it retired, I never thought I'd manage to get my hands on it, especially now, since buying LoL skins is a non-existent priority.

Long story short, OMG I AM SO FLIPPIN' HAPPY WITH THIS SKIN!

And, on that note, I'm also curious, what sorts of skins anyone else might have?

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next