Feel free to talk about pretty much anything here with your fellow members.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Gossip and Chatter

Final Fantasy

Postby Middy » 06/22/2016 10:52 PM

Since I recently got back to playing Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn as my main MMO (after dropping WoW for good), and recently beat IX for the 20th or so time, I think it's time to ask who else has played the series?

Personally, I grew up with the franchise, the two of the most memorable at the time being IV and VI (4 and 6, or 2 and 3 in the states) Now I haven't played any past 9, except for the MMO. So I want to know what are your favorites if you have played any?

My top three favorites in order are 9, 4, and 6. Actually, I am working on making a wockee or some other custom based on Vivi, since he was my best man on my team all through 9 (would love to have Kuja as some sort of custom too). I have many reasons for loving 9 the most, as well as 4 and 6. My reasons for each might be quite a post in of itself, so I will keep it brief for now. Maybe I say why later haha.

--Also, don't argue about which one is better. I want this to stay a friendly topic, since I know some fans can get into heated debates! Thanks!
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: Final Fantasy

Postby PseudoMon » 06/23/2016 11:31 AM

Ah, Final Fantasy. Let's see. My first main Final Fantasy is VIII, and I don't care what anybody says, it'll still be my favourite.

I've played VI, but didn't managed to reach the ending. There was a year-long break when I was playing it and by the time I came back I had absolutely no idea where I was or what I was supposed to do, so I dropped it. I think it was the second-half of the game, after the world-shattering events and when you're more free to roam around. I don't really remember much of it.

I played X, which was pretty great. But I lost my save files close to the end of the game, and I'm still too annoyed to start over.

There's XIII, which I'm still plowing through, on-and-off. It's reeeally pretty, and I like its battle system. Can't say the same for the characters, though.

My first Final Fantasy is Dissidia Dodecim on the PSP. Must have loaded hundreds of hours on that gem. It doesn't bother me that I didn't know any of the characters. It gets me to be interested in the main series.

Aaand. That's probably all the Final Fantasy I've been through. I didn't really grow up with it, but it was fun to follow along.
PseudoMon
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 155
Donate