Feel free to talk about pretty much anything here with your fellow members.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Gossip and Chatter

Selfy: A New Character Generator?

Postby Atoli01 » 07/20/2016 3:12 AM

Some of you probably noticed me mention Cocoppa Play once or twice before in my journal and in the Gossip and Chatter section. It's my uhm, my not so small obsession and guilty pleasure. Cocoppa gets their items from Selfy, a company who has been around for ten years now. If you're familiar with TinierMe... They created that. I haven't heard of/seen anyone around here using Selfy yet, so here's an intro! There's just so many possibilities for your avatars!

Long story short, my boyfriend mentioned, "Hey, wouldn't Cocoppa be great for creating Evelon characters?" So I dug around online and I found this beauty of an avatar generator, after a fair bit of trial and error. There's piles of clothes that were never even released for the US version!

One slight problem-- It's all in Japanese.

More digging around, and I found this handy guide to get around it. There's, give or take, two gachas that come out every week though, so you can imagine all the items to sift through. Not sure if Selfy or Subeta has more items at this point. Seven hours and massive hand cramps later, and I also managed to save the images of ~75% of 2015's gachas, and small portions of 2014 and 2016's, totaling to about 2,500 items. Yeah, this thing is huge. I was originally going to keep it just for my own use, but if anyone else wants to join me in remaking their characters (or making their character's human forms for the first time, finally), I'll leave the DropBox link here.

I wonder if you guys are interested though? We could make a mini project out of it if so. I downloaded enough items to give people a fairly decent start (and seriously, if something you want isn't there, dig through the gachas). Try it out and let me know? If you guys download anything new, send the file back to me and I'll copy it into the collection. If it generates enough interest, we could even split the gachas amongst ourselves to make it easier to download everything.

My next mission is going to be tagging the items to make certain style of outfits/hair/accessories easier to locate. I'll be placing the tags in parenthesis next to the item name to make them easily searchable. I have a full list of possible tags (so far) in file's Read Me. (And please read it!) Feel free to suggest any others you see fit?

I don't think... this should be a problem? Since the item downloads are only item images for quick reference while using the generator, both of which are free to use. If there's any issues about it though, just let me know and I'll take down the DropBox link.

To kick it off, here are some new/remade human forms of a few of my characters: [Luma - Verniy - Chunhua]

And if you guys have any questions, let me know. ; v ; I just love the avatar style and thought it'd be cute to share it with everyone.

A beautiful moon shines above again tonight,
And it sheds light happily over the world.
As for me, I'm just worthless, good for nothing,
Dreaming at daybreak, creeping at dawn.

Still I'll scream into the sky, hoping that somebody will find me.
I want to run, but there's no way out--
No bright future in sight.
But I still fly up like a butterfly, hoping that you'll find me.
A crescent moon, ugly children of the stars, flying with broken wings...!

Home | Imp. Docs. | Sales | Listing
Journal | Wishes | Roleplays
Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1035
Donate