Feel free to talk about pretty much anything here with your fellow members.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Gossip and Chatter

Custom Fellox or Fenling?

Postby RiDragon » 04/03/2017 8:18 PM

Heya!  Just wanted an opinion on something, or a few opinions.  Preferably a few.

Basically I have a character named Professor Winter who's in a lot of my stories, a universe traveler if you will.  His first form was a white anthro fox with icy blue colors.  Of course, I'd love to have a custom after him so I could RP him and stuff~  The problem is...  These beautiful new Fenlings came out and now I can't decide between them and the original Fellox idea!

I have a little mock up I did of how he could possibly look as a Fellox.  (I did this with a mouse don't kill me for how bad the coloring is)  Dunno if the psd for the new Fellox is available, I'm bad at coloring these anyways.

What do you guys think?  ;w;  It'll be a while till I can get him, since I have another custom order that needs to go through atm, but I wanna decide now.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless
I will give... I will take

I will feel the stars crash, crash down
RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 700
Donate

Re: Custom Fellox or Fenling?

Postby crow » 04/03/2017 8:24 PM

I think, if it were me, it'd really depend on what you were going for in terms of feel (ie what Professor Winter's personality is like). The Fellox looks more mature and serious to me, while I feel like the Fenling are more suited to younger characters, or more energetic ones... Like, if your Professor was more a sober scholarly type, the Fellox would work better; if he's a mad scientist or a child prodigy or something, then I'd go for the Fenling. Of course, that's just personal opinion, and someone with more imagination than me might feel differently, but... yeah. P:

Either way though, that's a pretty neat-looking mockup~
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 04/03/2017 8:29 PM

Thank you!  It took a bit to get my hand steady enough to actually make it look nice, but it worked.  Mostly because I didn't do any shading though, baha.

The thing about Winter is that he's definitely old and wise, but he has a bit of a cheeky hyperness about him too.  Uhmm...  Ever see Dr Who?  He's kinda like the Ninth doctor.  Smart and aged and a tiny bit jaded, but easily excited by science and adventure and a tad eccentric.  To someone just meeting him he definitely seems like a stoic old man, but after actually getting to know him he's just a nerd who happens to also be hundreds of years old and capable of reality warping.

You see my problem here :P  His personality kinda fits both creatures, which is why I'm having an even tougher time.  x3

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 04/03/2017 8:31 PM

As someone who owns several pets with multiple forms... You can always get both. :U I mean. If you really can't decide.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 04/03/2017 8:32 PM

...  Well, he is canonically a shape-changer.

... You have a very good point.  

Looks like this might be what I do :P

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 04/04/2017 1:43 AM

From that character description I'd say the new Fenling, but yeah, what Crow said xD You can always get different forms~

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/04/2017 1:53 AM

Based on your character description, I second a Fenling, as well. Most Fellox give me a mysterious or quiet vibe, which I don't get from your description of him. That, and, newer art can be really nice, too. It DOES have it's merits, since some of the older, non-revamped pets have not as nice shading layers and such.

Of course, having more than one form for a pet, especially one that is very much a shapeshifter, can be neat, too, so it's always a thought. I have at least eight characters that have multiple pet forms.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 04/05/2017 4:45 AM

Hmmmmmm, plus Fenlings are all nice and pretty and revamped...  I think I might go with them now~  and maybe eventually get both P:  Thanks for the opinions~

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate