Go ahead and show off any adoptables that you've got from any other sites! Please remember that only Evelon pets can be roleplayed outside of the 'Out of Character' section. ((Please be sure to credit the person who made the adoptables!))

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Other Adoptables!

~}> Dragonet Breeding Center <{~

Postby Thessur » 10/06/2008 4:16 PM

Dragonet Breeding Center

(Don't have a dragonet yet?  Go check out The Dragonet Adoption Center.
Looking for a mate?  Why not try a visit to the Dragonet Registry)

Yes, dragonets are now breedable!  When you bring your dragonets to the breeding center, we take them to a special courtship and nesting room.  There, they lay 1-3 eggs.  We take those eggs and put them in our special incubators under careful watch.  Once the eggs hatch, we send the hatchling home to you!  Hatching can take from 1-3 weeks (depending on how crazy my RL schedule gets).

This is a hatchling.  Isn't it cute?  The white is where you will see the baby's body color.  The teal is the color of their first marking.  If there is a second marking, its color will be shown in the blue area.  Hatchlings only show a maximum of 2 markings, though they may actually have more!  Hatchlings take 2-3 weeks to grow up (again, this depends on how crazy my RL schedule gets).  You decide the hatchling's gender

Info on Dragonet Genetics

Bred Dragonets usually only have as many markings as the parent with the most markings.  In slightly rare cases, they may have one or even two fewer markings than that parent.  Wildcard Dragonets are the exception to this rule.

Wildcard Dragonets are special.  When bred with other Wildcards, the offspring sometimes gets an extra marking (2 instead of 1).  A Dragonet that is the offspring of two wildcard parents is not considered a wildcard.  Also, Wildcards when bred with any other kind of Dragonet (including other wildcards) have the possibility of having Gradient offspring (Dragonets that are colored with a gradient/rainbow-ish thingy).

There are some special "combo"markings which only appear on bred dragonets. Some are extremely rare.  There are currently 3 of these markings known to be possible, though none have appeared in public yet.  We have named them Splatterback, Banner, and Snowfall.  The markings required to breed for these special combo marks will not be revealed until the first hatchling possessing each mark is born.  This is mostly because I'm evil and enjoy surprises.

Breeding Center Rules

~ Only Male/Female pairings will produce hatchlings.

~ I decide when to open slots and how many to open.  I have RL stuff to deal with and won't always have time to be cranking out little dragonet babies.

~ Breeding slots are first come, first serve unless they are awarded in a contest.

~ You may give your slot to someone else, but I need to receive a pm from both players to confirm who actually has the slot.

~ If you want to breed your dragonet with someone else's, I need to receive a pm from both of you before the breeding can occur.  The pm needs to state who gets the hatchling/s and how you plan to decide who gets which if there are multiples.

~ If you win a breeding slot, along with any conformation PMs, send 10 ks and a note with the following form.

Code: Select all
[u]I'm ready to breed my dragonets![/u]
[b]Your name:[/b]
[b]Other Player's name:[/b] (if doing a joint breeding)
[b]Dragonet Male:[/b]
[b]Dragonet Female:[/b]

Open Slots
1. OPEN! (joint breeding only)
2. Shaetani

First come, first serve.
Thessur
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 689
Donate

Postby Thessur » 11/02/2008 1:54 AM

The Brreding Center is now open!  I'm only opening 2 slots at first because I've never done this before and I'm not entirely sure I've got it all figured out.  The first slot is reserved for a joint breeding (a breeding between 2 different player's dragonets).  The second is open to whoever claims it first.

Alright, post away!
Thessur
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shaetani » 11/17/2008 8:20 AM

Any chance I can claim that self-breeding spot for a breeding between my girl Synette and my boy Rikitiki?

CUSTOM
Name :: Synette
Marking(s) :: Stardust, Frost
Addons :: Tail Ring

SEMI-WILDCARD
Name :: Rikitiki
Markings(s) :: Stardust, Blazestreak, Paintball
Image - Image
Scribble Scrabble on the wall, who is the meanest of them all?
Riff Raff and Bark Gruff, I'm not scared of your huffing bluff.
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 27
Donate

Postby Thessur » 11/17/2008 3:25 PM

Ok, you get the self breeding slot.  My schedual is rather hectic right now, so it may take me awhile to get your babies ready.

The joint slot is still open.

wishlist * Zoo Pen

<{~ Shiny? ~}>
Thessur
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shaetani » 11/20/2008 11:17 PM

thanks, how much KS do I owe you for the breeding? or is it not due until the dragonettes are born?
Image - Image
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thessur » 11/20/2008 11:25 PM

You can pay now, or you can wait until after your babies are ready.  You need to fill out the form and PM it to me before I can do the breeding for you.
Thessur
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Shaetani » 11/23/2008 4:22 PM

okay, money and form sent
Image - Image
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: ~}> Dragonet Breeding Center <{~

Postby Shaetani » 06/11/2009 11:13 PM

Just wondering if you were still doing the breedings, and if not, could you send my KS back? Please and thanks.
Image - Image
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate