Go ahead and show off any adoptables that you've got from any other sites! Please remember that only Evelon pets can be roleplayed outside of the 'Out of Character' section. ((Please be sure to credit the person who made the adoptables!))

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Other Adoptables!

Meet the Kliktz! (It's a game!)

Postby Freezair » 09/29/2007 8:26 PM

http://www.yoyogames.com/games/show/12455

If you've been over in my topic in the Gallery, you know that I'm currently working on making a game called Kliktz in an awesome program called Game Maker. It's pretty awesome stuff once you know what you're doing with it. (I'm not all that up to snuff with it--although I own versions 5, 6, and 7, I primarily only work in 5--I've been working on this darn game on and off for so long. XD) I'm currently getting ready to release a demo of it, both on this site and the YoYo Games Official GM site. Since it's a pet game/monster raising game, I thought I'd tell you guys about it. If you haven't figured out by now,  It's an actual game you can actually play on your computer! Of course, don't download anything on a computer that isn't yours without permission.

But although you can only go so far into the plot, there's a ton of random stuff you can do in the game so far.

No, I'm not good at doing computer graphics at all. Why do you ask? XD

Let me show you some of the 60 Kliktz you can find in the game:

Image (Not the picture from the game :P)
Species name: Bow-Dragon
Element: Air
Signature Attack: Yellow Breath

Nothing like a charming little feather dragon to brighten your day! The Bow-Dragons have lovely singing voices and friendly dispositions. They flit through the skies with ease, but they aren't large enough to carry a person. The ancient Romans tried to breed "steed-sized" Bow-Dragons, but sadly, the gene causing large size seemed to be inextricably linked to a gene causing heart problems, as can occur in extremely tall humans.

Species name: Phoebe
Element: Water
Signature Attack: Submerge

Don't laugh at the Phoebe's flamboyant appearance--these peaceful fruit-eaters can still pack a nasty sting if provoked. Their bodies are covered in a gummy substance that is non-water-soluable, so they can stick things to their bodies that they want to carry with them. This substance is of medical interest to humans, as it can be used to close lacerations in place of stitches or staples, and unlike current surgical glues, it will not release harmful chemicals.

Species name: Danno
Element: Earth
Signature Attack: Taproot

Who doesn't love a good book? The Danno is the only good book that loves you back! The Danno were created by human mages who enchanted spellbooks to follow after them. But the spirit of the Prism possessed them, and these golems became a full-fledged Kliktz species! The only question remaining is: Can they read themselves?

Species name: Romuli
Element: Fire
Signature Attack: Fireball

Did you ever see a more noble beast? The Romuli forge their armor as part of their coming-of-age, and these white wolves are extremely proud of their handiwork. They can speak with flames, tempering their metalwork in exactly the right fashion. Despite their archaic looks, their culture is very scientific--your average Romuli child knows more chemistry than most adult humans. Since humans have begun to intermingle and mix the Kliktz species, the European Romuli have gone at war with the African Bastion--the mage-cat race.

Species name: Faulin
Element: Cosmic
Signature Attack: Star Sword

What a peculiar-looking creature! From a distance, it appears to be little more than a childish doodle, but closer inspection reveals that its limbs do indeed have depth, and its hands are not circles but webbed "pads." Its name is still based on its appearance: It's short for "faux line." Apparently, the males are known as Faulincolns, the females Faulindas.  

Species name: Emote
Element: ???
Signature Attack: ???

I haven't a blessed clue as to what these creatures are about.

Unfortunately, you will not be able to have custom Kliktz in the game itself, as it is sprite-based and I can't really accomodate for all the different customs people will want. However, you WILL be able to breed them--though not in the game itself either. XD However, I will be able to hand-crunch the numbers and tell you what kind of babies two bred Kliktz will have, depending on some factors--but I'm not going to bore you with any of that. XD

I eventually want to make an add-on program that you can transfer your Kliktz to to breed them. You will have to help the pair you want to breed bond before you get any babies, and them you still have to take care of the pregnant mother and all... But that's not until things are all solid and stuff with the main game. XD

HOW TO PLAY KLIKTZ:

-To start a new game, click the NEW key on the title screen.

-Click on everything to interact with it! Click the text box to scroll it. Click the letters to name yourself. Click the arrows to scroll through the Kliktz. Click on the Kliktz to select it!

-Click on buildings and doorways to enter them, and click on the Bed to use it. Click and hold over items to drag them around. You can drop them on top of your Kliktz to use those like food and toys.

-RIGHT-CLICK on items to bring up menus on them. You can USE them, SELL them, or see their INFO. Sometimes you can do other stuff, like with furniture--furniture can be LOCKED so you can't move it.

-Click on people to talk to them. You can RIGHT-CLICK them, too. You can even BATTLE them this way! (Which I recommend doing before you start the little bit of the quest that's available. ;))

-To save your game, either USE the computer in your house or the one in the town and click the "SAVE" button!

-Your Kliktz has four stats to look after: Hunger, Happiness, Health, and Energy. Bring its Hunger up by feeding it with food from the store. Bring up its Happiness by playing with it. Bring up its Energy by making it go to sleep. If it gets sick, bring its Health up by visiting the doctor and having him give your Kliktz a check-up and buying the medicine he prescribes.

-To see your stats or those of your Kliktz, RIGHT-CLICK your Kliktz and select "Stats!" The same thing applies for your game stats--right-click your character.

-To heal your Kliktz's HP and MP, visit the doctor and have him give you a check-up.

-To put items in your Inventory, drag them to the backpack icon. To take items out of your inventory, Click on your backpack, right-click on the item you want, and select "REMOVE."

That's about all I can think of that you absolutely need to know.

Although there isn't much here, there are a few Easter eggs for you to find so far. Here's hints on two of them. ;):

-The first screenshot I put up on the page shows one. Notice where the mouse cursor is and think about that... ;D
-Strange things happen in the dark. I wonder what your house is like when it's dark late at night...?

And one final note:

Please, please, PLEASE, if you find anything that doesn't seem right or something doesn't work, PLEASE tell me about it! I want to get rid of as many glitches as possible!

FINALLY! Here's where you can get it, if you missed the first link!

http://www.yoyogames.com/games/show/12455

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/29/2007 8:40 PM

[center] *prods the Danno and Emote fondly* I like them and I want a Danno so I can be like, "I have a flying book! Fear me!" XD

More then likely, I'll be testing it out too. I just have to get home and on my own comuter. *nod nod*

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate

Postby Freezair » 09/29/2007 10:01 PM

Thanks. I really appreciate tester people, because sometimes stuff happens that I'd never find on my own. The naming system, for example, got messed up because of something I did... but because of a cheat I put into the game, I never noticed it until my sister played the game. :P

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate