Go ahead and show off any adoptables that you've got from any other sites! Please remember that only Evelon pets can be roleplayed outside of the 'Out of Character' section. ((Please be sure to credit the person who made the adoptables!))

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Other Adoptables!

The Skiffonery (OPEN!)

Postby Indigo » 02/27/2009 9:12 PM

You walk through the forest, looking for the place advertised by the worn sign as "The Skiffonery". Suddenly, a red creature that appears vaguely dragonlike appears in front of you. He carries a bent twig wand.

The bizarre animal is very small, no bigger than a large house cat. He seems nervous about something. "You're late, very late," he says, almost too fast to understand. "Follow me." He skitters off into the trees. You run after him.

You catch up to him outside a high gate. Inside the gate are several pens, connected by a long path ending at the gate. The creature says, "Welcome to the Skiffonery. I'm a Common Skiffon. Goodbye." He opens the gate and vanishes.

As you enter, you see a large signboard:

DIRECTORY
(Sorry this is so complicated, but the Skiffons are my most developed experiment yet.)
1st Post: Entrance
2nd Post: Science of Skiffons & Skiffonery Goals
3rd Post: Explanation of Customs/Randoms & Forms
4th Post: Wild Breeding Pens & Forms

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Re: The Skiffonery (NO POSTING!)

Postby Indigo » 02/27/2009 9:45 PM

Confused, you walk down the long path until another Skiffon bounds up to you. This one has blotches of color on her and carries a paint brush.

"Hello," she says. "I am Manacle, the world's only Art Skiffon. Welcome to the Skiffonery."

"What's a Skiffonery?" you ask, more confused than ever. Manacle looks pleased with your question.

"Skiffons are odd little creatures related to the dragons of old. Now that the dragons are extinct, the Skiffons' survival is in jeopardy. We captured some wild ones, separated this section of the forest, and set up a breeding-release program. We breed new types of Skiffons and sell them or release them into our Skiffon Preserve outside the Skiffonery. Our goal is to save the Skiffons by creating new, better-adapted species."

"But what are Skiffons?" you ask.

"Skiffons are distant cousins of the dragons. They were originally protected by the dragons, but now they have only Nyx, owner of the Skiffonery. Each species of Skiffon has a special talent, an implement of which they carry in their right hind claw. For example, I am an Art Skiffon, so I carry a paintbrush. Common Skiffons carry twig wands, etc. Our forefeet aren't good for holding things--" Manacle wiggles her thick fingers. "--but our hind feet are perfect hands. Skiffons lay odd square eggs with veins of secondary color through them. They hatch fully formed after a period of about three days or more, depending on how well they are cared for."

"Interesting," you say.

"Now, come with me to the Specialization Pen." Manacle leads you to one of the hoop-shaped pens.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 02/27/2009 9:54 PM

"This is the Specialization Pen," Manacle informs you. Inside the pen are several pure white Skiffons. They wander around, carrying no implements of their trade, near a large crate. Manacle leads you up to the side of the crate and pulls open a control panel. "This is where we create special, or custom, species of Skiffon. We take those Blank Skiffons--" She nods at the white Skiffons. "--and use this machine to turn them into a new species."

"How do you buy one of these?" you ask.

"Simple," Manacle says. "Just fill out this form and give it to me with 10 KS, or give me 5 KS for a random species." She hands you a form:

Code: Select all
Your Username:
Species Name:
Description of Species Behavior (for the Skiffon Dictionary):
Desired Tool of Trade:
Desired Colors/Patterns (No hex codes!!!):
Other:

"Is it possible to get one of the existing species?" you ask.

"Certainly. However, you may only get them with the creator's permission. You can find a guide to the species and their creators in the Skiffon Dictionary." Manacle hands you a large book. "Now come see the Wild Breeding Pens."

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 02/27/2009 9:59 PM

Manacle takes you to a large pen, full of different species of Skiffon.

"What's this?" you ask.

"The Wild Breeding Pen," Manacle says. "We take wild members of existing species and breed them at your request to create new species, which you can pay 15 KS to adopt. They cost more because they're difficult to identify."

"How can I get one?" you inquire.

"With this form." Manacle hands you another form:

Code: Select all
Male's Species:
Female's Species:
Number of Eggs:

"You'll need the Skiffon Dictionary for this," Manacle says. (NOTE: The Skiffon Dictionary is a work in progress. A link will be posted when it's finished; until then, wild breeding is not available.)

"Now, if you want a Skiffon, just let me know!" Manacle vanishes again.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 02/27/2009 9:59 PM

The Skiffonery is open!

What are you looking at?

Indigo