Go ahead and show off any adoptables that you've got from any other sites! Please remember that only Evelon pets can be roleplayed outside of the 'Out of Character' section. ((Please be sure to credit the person who made the adoptables!))

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Other Adoptables!

The Flerps (Breedable Adoptables are BACK!)

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/13/2009 8:25 PM

The Flerp

After a long hiatus, the Flerp are back! The breedable adoptables are now available for purchase once more. You can request randoms or customs. So without further ado, I present the Flerp once more.

Stallion

Nanny

These images are credited to me. No stealing.

So, without further ado, here are the Flerp. You know what the best part about them is? They're breedable! Yes, breedable! Simply buy a male and female Flerp, breed them (Although all you need to do is message me) and in a few days, you'll have your very own baby Flerp!

How to breed:
(Breeding Center Not Open Yet)
You simply need one of each gender. You can have two of your own, or have them breed with a buddy's Flerp. To request a breeding, simply message me (You alone, if your are breedings your Flerp, or both of you if you are breeding with a friend), and in a few days, you'll receive a message and some congratulations, along with your brand new baby Flerp (And in some cases, Flerps). All you have to do is pay the breeding fee of 5 KS (This pays for the baby Flerp and the care it must receive once born, as they are very dependant on their trainers and mothers), and you'll receive a baby Flerp, which will grow up in about one-two weeks.

Coloring:
Flerps come in all different colors. Simply request your color, or request a random. When you breed your Flerp, the baby will have coloration traits from both parents, or simply one. And sometimes, you'll get a surprise, like a rare single colored Flerp, or a four or five colored Flerp.

One Stallion Flerp:
Random - 15 KS
Custom - 25 KS

One Nanny Flerp:
Random - 10 KS
Custom - 20KS

Breeding:
5 KS

Waiting List:
Currently, None

Flerp List:
suiseisekilove30 - Done (1 random nanny) Paid
Peacecrest - Done (1 random nanny, 1 random stallion) Paid
PimaBean - Done(1 random stallion, 1 random nanny) Paid
Firenzata - Done (1 random stallion, 1 random nanny) Paid
Freezair - Done (1 random nanny) Paid
Kelica - Done(1 random nanny, 1 random stallion) Paid
GrayGriffin - Done (1 random nanny, 1 random stallion) Paid
kabuto_rocks - Done (1 random nanny, 1 random stallion) Paid
Celticdragon - Done (2 random nanny's and 2 random stallions) Paid
jaden_wolf - Done (1 random nanny's and 1 random stallion) Paid
SweetDisaster - Done (1 random stallion) Paid
Fireheart - Done (1 random nanny, 1 random stallion) Paid
GrayGriffin - Auction (Earth Flerp) Paid
Sui - Auction (Ice Cream) Paid
Jaden- Auction (Milky) Paid
Frostbite - Done (2 random stallions, 3 random nannies) Paid
Jaden - Done (1 custom stallion, 1 custom nanny) Paid
SkyWolf - Done (1 random nanny, 1 random stallion) Paid
Fallen_Snow - Done (1 random stallion, 1 random nanny) Paid
Discordancy - Done (1 random stallion, 1 random nanny) Paid
Azura Rayume - Done (1 random stallion, 1 random nanny) Paid
GrayGriffin - Done (1 random nanny, 1 random stallion) Paid  
Fireheart - Done (1 random nanny, 1 random stallion) Paid
Knightdaniru - Done (1 random nanny, 1 random stallion) Paid
kakashinaruto - Done (1 random nanny, 1 random stallion) Paid
Potterchic - Done (1 random nanny, 1 random stallion) Paid
Atoli - Done (1 random nanny, 1 random stallion) Paid
Celtic - Done (1 random nanny, 1 random stallion) Paid

Information About the Flerp

Female Flerp are often far more husky than their male counterparts. Because they raise their foals in cold climates, they must don the extra weight to sustain them and their foals through a long, tough and harsh winter. Their fur is softer than the male's fur, and usually lighter in color. Male Flerp, however, often have thicker, and more luxurious manes and chest fur, as well as feathering around their legs. It has been speculated that, because male Flerp are typically loners, except during the breeding season, they use this extra fur to keep warmer, as they, unlike the female Flerp, do not roam in herds and shelter together to keep warm. It has also been speculated that the more luxurious the fur, the more mates they will attract. They, like all Flerp, have a soft, almost silky outer coat, with a dense and protective under layer of fur that helps to shield them from the immense cold and below freezing temperatures of their habitats.

The Flerp has been specifically designed to endure harsh winters, and freezing climates. In addition to their thick fur, they are also gifted with incredibly hard hooves. Although most would argue that their hooves are more of a hindrance to them in the deep snow, it is actually to the contrary. The Flerp's hooves are nearly as hard as diamonds. They use their immensely hard hooves to not only dig through the snow for food, but to keep a firm grip on the ice that they traverse throughout their lives.

All Flerp, whether female or male, have horns. The females have smaller, slightly curved horns, which are very useful for digging through the rock hard ice to reach minerals that are necessary for the pregnant nannies when they are with foals. They also use their horns for protection, as any mountain predator would think twice before messing with an over protective nanny mother and her young. These horns are also useful for digging through hard packed snow to reach leafy greens beneath. However, male Flerp are unable to use their horns in this way. Male Flerp's horns grow much larger and longer than female's horns. Unlike the females, they use theirs for sparing with one another during mating season. Often, a stallion will claim an entire herd of nannies for himself during breeding season, and use his vicious teeth, hooves, and horns to fight off any encroaching males that happen to venture onto his territory or too close to his harem. It is also speculated, though not proven, that nannies prefer males with longer horns, and the older the male, the longer the horns. So it may go without saying that the older males on the mountains usually have the most nannies in their harems.

The Flerp have made a remarkable adaptation to their environment. Long ago, it is speculated, they developed a secondary set of lungs. These lungs did not contain oxygen, but hydrogen. Nobody knows how they evolved this strange mutation, but it seems to sustain most adult Flerp through the harshest of winters. This secondary set of lungs, commonly referred to as 'a fire sac' stores enough hydrogen to last for a maximum of six days. However, Flerp must travel long distances to seek the Hydrogen rich material found in the rocky mountain areas they inhabit. Using their hooves, Flerp are able to dig into the mountainside and expose the mineral. Despite being herbivores, and having teeth that are made for grinding grass and not rock, the Flerp seem to enjoy this mineral, and will travel long distances, and sometimes, even fight, for the best places to find it. Using this mineral, they convert it into hydrogen, which then fuels their 'fire sac.' Using this 'fire sac,' they are able to breath short bouts of fire from their mouths, where a protective coating of different substances, as well as a tough, leathery mouth, keeps them from burning themselves. Like dragons, they have developed a way to essentially 'breathe fire.'

Flerp have developed another odd mutation. They have a ridge just above their eyes, which protects their eyes from the spray of rock and soil as they dig for minerals. This also helps shelter and protect the eye as they travel through harsh snowstorms, as Flerp are wont to do. As well as having a ridge above they eye, the Flerp also have a secondary eyelid. Like alligators and crocodiles, they can close this eyelid over their eyes to protect it from the snow. While this eyelid is closed, they can still see through it, and it gives them a large advantage when traveling through rough weather. The Flerp have very extra sensitive ears that are almost prehensile. Their ears can fold in on themselves while they sleep, or during irritating blizzards. Their hearing is so sharp, it is said that they can hear the approach of a predator from up to a mile away. But this has yet to actually be proven.

When baby Flerp are born, their mothers are their caretakers. Nanny Flerp live in herds ranging from three to around fifty at any given time, and often 'baby-sit' one another's foals. A foal will live off it's mother's milk for the first three months of it's life, until it is strong enough to find food on it's own. They are weaned from their mothers at one year of age, when colts are kicked out of the herds, and fillies stay with their mothers. When baby Flerp are young, they have very little body hair, so it is up to the nannies to make sure they stay warm. Foals do not develop their thick coat until about one week of age. Until then, nannies often stay stationary, and an entire group will huddle around the foal in shifts, keeping the tiny creature warm with their own fur and body heat. Female Flerp communicate through a series of soft, purring sounds, that seem more cat-like than anything, They can chirp, whistle, purr and almost meow, in a way, making a very soothing, gentle mew that often calms their foals or other nannies down. There have also been records of nannies making odd, shrill, flute-like calls during mating season, or when there is danger in the vicinity.

Stallions have no interest or role in caring for their offspring. However, often, a lone stallion will 'claim' a harem of nannies, and watch over them, protecting them from predators and other stallions as well. Most male Flerp, called 'colts' until they have a harem of their own, often rove in rogue bands of other colts, practicing fighting and strutting, and, at times, breaking off to try and steal a harem from an older, and more experienced stallion. Often, these battles end in very little bloodshed, as most colts will not directly challenge a harem stallion. But sometimes their battles can be intense, such as the battles between harem stallions, and there have been recorded fatalities as well. Males communicate through grunts, roars, snarls, growls, and bellows. There have also been recorded clucking and nickering sounds as well, but their meaning has not yet been determined.

Domesticated Flerp, though few and far between, make excellent mounts. They are sure-footed and careful, and will never let their rider down. They can traverse terrain that normal mounts, like horses and mules, could never hope to get through. Their long legs and leaping ability make them ideal jumpers. They use the same tack as most horses, and can be as tall as 16 hh, though the average height is 15.6-15.8 hh. They are also good for pulling carts, carriages, and farm work.

As the study of Flerp is still ongoing, not much more can be said about these secretive, and snow-loving creatures. They often live in mountainous areas, where there is snow all year round. Because of their remoteness, they are difficult to track and study, and most scientists find it hard to understand their unique nature. However, we will continue to study and learn all we can about the Flerp. Though elusive, and hard to find, the scientific community is certain that one day, we will be able to understand the mystery that is the Flerp.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: The Flerps (Breedable Adoptables are BACK!)

Postby potterchic » 05/13/2009 9:10 PM

One random nanny and one random stallion, please. I REALLY like your art. I'm sending KS.
Oh, what a guy, that Gaston!

Avatar from here. Signature picture from here.
potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 150
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/13/2009 10:01 PM

Congratulations! Here are your new Flerp! Remember to take good care of them, and give them good names. Maybe eventually you'll be able to breed them! We hope to see you again soon!

This Flerp is a soft-hearted and kind little gal. She's willing to do any task handed to her, and can really make things happen when she puts her mind to it. She seems to like to work, and her favorite place is right by your side.

This male is a bit of a handful, to be quite honest. He's broken out of his pen a few times. But he always comes back. Seems he's very fond of his owner and wants to be with you all the time, even if it means unlatching his stall to do so. He's a good mount, and loves to ride into town on nice sunny days. He hates thunderstorms.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 05/14/2009 7:18 AM

I'll take one random stallion and one random nanny, please~

A beautiful moon shines above again tonight,
And it sheds light happily over the world.
As for me, I'm just worthless, good for nothing,
Dreaming at daybreak, creeping at dawn.

Still I'll scream into the sky, hoping that somebody will find me.
I want to run, but there's no way out--
No bright future in sight.
But I still fly up like a butterfly, hoping that you'll find me.
A crescent moon, ugly children of the stars, flying with broken wings...!

Home | Imp. Docs. | Sales | Listing
Journal | Wishes | Roleplays
Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1035
Donate

Postby Celtic » 05/14/2009 1:41 PM

Okay, so here's my order:
1 random Stallion, one random Nanny (customs to come, need to build more KS in case you bring back your others >><<>>)

And can you grow these two?:

Oh, what a beauty. A little filly! She's a real explorer, isn't she? Although she can be distant and skittish sometimes, maybe she'll warm up with lots of love and attention, hm? Make sure you look after her well.

Aw, what a humble little colt! He's a regular little laze-about, always munching on grass, and sleeping all day. Maybe you should try and teach him to be a bit more active. All that laziness can't be good for his health. But I bet he'll grow out of it.

Thats them <3

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Postby potterchic » 05/14/2009 8:26 PM

Thanks, Millie. I love the way you made those two. Expect me back another time.
Oh, what a guy, that Gaston!

Avatar from here. Signature picture from here.
potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 150
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/15/2009 6:51 PM

((Orders will be along tomorrow. I have very limited time today. Sorry for the wait. ^^))

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/16/2009 7:26 PM

Congratulations! Here are your new Flerp! Remember to take good care of them, and give them good names. Maybe eventually you'll be able to breed them! We hope to see you again soon!

Celtic
This Nanny is a bit mischievous. She likes to sneak out and stand at the window, staring into your house. I know, she's odd. But she can't stand being alone. it's a good thing she has company out in the barn, or your socks might go missing just for the heck of it. Did I mention she steals those things? You sure did get an odd girl here.

He likes shiny things. He's like a crow or a magpie or something. He hoards them in his stall, taking a wristwatch here, or a necklace and bracelet there. You better watch out around him. Otherwise, he's completely normal. A nice and gentle as can be Flerp. Just...watch his bad habits.

Atoli
A showy, flashy, and very athletic Nanny, this Flerp loves to show off. She likes riding into town on nice days to prance about like a show-horse. She’s a real diva, always acting out or wanting more attention. better focus a lot on her, or she might just bite your rump to remind you she’s there.

Big, strong and a workaholic. This describes your Flerp. He likes being put to the test, doing bigger and harder things that require a lot of muscles and effort. He loves working as a carriage Flerp, or taking things to and from town. He's really more of a pack animal than a riding animal, but he loves whatever task you give to him. But he’s big and kind, and he’s always willing to do what he can.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Atoli01 » 05/16/2009 9:11 PM

Ooooh, I love them~ Thanks so much~

A beautiful moon shines above again tonight,
And it sheds light happily over the world.
As for me, I'm just worthless, good for nothing,
Dreaming at daybreak, creeping at dawn.

Still I'll scream into the sky, hoping that somebody will find me.
I want to run, but there's no way out--
No bright future in sight.
But I still fly up like a butterfly, hoping that you'll find me.
A crescent moon, ugly children of the stars, flying with broken wings...!

Home | Imp. Docs. | Sales | Listing
Journal | Wishes | Roleplays
Atoli01
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1035
Donate